PICTURE FRAMES

Some1

Ok if you buy a poster bigger than 24 x 36" prepare to have your asshole bleed cause the shit is expensive even for a cheap frame for you to do yourself...

I got a radiohead poster its large 40x55"s ok now its a subway poster fucking the cheapest frame which is black cheap plastic is 119$ all the other frames are 300$ and they are cheap plastic too

DOUBLE EWE TEA HEFF M8 !?

IF THEY MADE FRAMES CHEAPER MAYBE MORE PEOPLE WOULD FRAME SHIT!!!!

college kids would have mad bitches cause they have frames

KIDS WOULD BE MORE EDUCaTED CAUSE THEY ARE GETTING LAID!!!!

MEN WOULD BE HAPPY!!!!!

If anyone knows where to get a 40x55" frame hit me up somebody in New York go to a subway steal a poster frame off the fucking wall ill pay you for it SHIT

Close this is you want i dont give a fuck i am pissed

AND!

FUCK THE DORA THE EXPLORA THREAD YALL MOTHER FUCKERS NEED JOBS AND HOBBIES!!!!!! FUCK!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DOUBLE EWE TEA HEFF M8 !?

IF THEY MADE FRAMES CHEAPER MAYBE MORE PEOPLE WOULD FRAME SHIT!!!!

college kids would have mad bitches cause they have frames

KIDS WOULD BE MORE EDUCaTED CAUSE THEY ARE GETTING LAID!!!!

MEN WOULD BE HAPPY!!!!!

FUCK THE DORA THE EXPLORA THREAD YALL MOTHER FUCKERS NEED JOBS AND HOBBIES!!!!!! FUCK!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

LOL

::edit:: I legit spit food on the monitor laughing at Rage's comment....

Hmmm... You know what works, they sell these things that clip onto the top and bottom of poster and keeps it straight. It wont protect it, and its not as nice as a frame, but it does the trick and keeps some cash in your pocket.

Originally posted by -Rage-@Feb 23 2006, 09:21 PM

You'd better frame that shit.

It's Radiohead for fucks sake.

I am next week fucking 200$...

DAMN YOU RADIOHEAD FOR BEING SO DAMN GOOD...

IT WILL GET ME BITCHES I KNOW THIS OVER SIZED POSTERS EQUAL MASS OVERSIZED AMOUNTS (and i do stress amounts) OF PUSSY (note i didnot say oversized pussy...)

i will have pics when i get it framed

fuck.gif

Go to a hardware store and the supplies will probably cost you 30 bucks.

I never understood why people frame rock posters, I can see if its an authentic old rock concert poster, like a real Hendrix concert poster but framing "poster world" pictures to score pussy seems pathetic?

Next you'll be asking where to score a nice glass coffee table.

ikea has some decently priced frames, but overall I hear ya... I have some prints I want framed, plus my college diplomas..too much money, can't afford...I have this big historic map I bought of the city I live in when I first moved here...its been sitting roled in my closet for a few yeras now, waiting to be framed and displayed...

Originally posted by Some1@Feb 23 2006, 06:41 PM

^^^now this guy is a fucking genius thank you i really do cause i think i am going to do this

all i need now is sheets of plastic anybody got info ? please

plexi glass......hrmm that big youll have to order it special... ask the frame store to order it for you cut to size...

first off, i would never put a poster behind any type of glass/plexi

second, find an old old door or two, resize, slap a little cheap wood trim, bang. nice mounting.

$20 tops.

beardo/martha got nothin

Ok heres a link its not much cheaper but maybe bid on it and see what happens...the link

Anyways the ikea idea is on point. even if you cant find a black frame you might be able to find a framed picture of the same size. Happy hunting and good luck.

Not much of a radiohead fan but i like karma police.

Originally posted by beardo@Feb 24 2006, 12:16 AM

second, find an old old door or two, resize, slap a little cheap wood trim, bang. nice mounting.

$20 tops.

beardo/martha got nothin

I take it you've done this? I wouldn't mind checking out some examples if you got 'em...

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Feb 23 2006, 10:18 PM

Theres ALWAYS old people dying...

One night I was driving with a friend and saw something on the side of the road that caused me to slam on the brakes.

A fucking 7 foot by 5 foot oil painting of some stupid long haired cat.

Shit was definetly not a reprint or anything, and the frame was really nice.

The thing was just chilling out in the garbage along with a bunch of asst. junk from the 40/50's.

Needless to say, we held that shit on the roof of my car and took it home immediately.

I had it for a year before my mom threw it out because the thing was just sooooooo creepy and shit. Super corny cat stretched out in front of the fireplace on a velvet covered lounge chair.

Strange.

Originally posted by beardo@Feb 23 2006, 11:16 PM

beardo...I'm curious...why not?

I make ALL my own frames. Like you said...having someone else do it is retarded expensive. The biggest expense you're gonna have is the fucking plexiglass. I recently paid around $40 for a 36" x 72" sheet of plexiglass. The entire frame probably cost me $50 to make...but it would have been around $300 if I had someone "professionally" do it.

another option ive found is michaels. they have a whole wall of aluminum frame pieces that come in packs of two so you can customize the width and height of the frame. no one is going to come into your house and cream their pants over the awesome aluminum frames you have but they look fairly nice and beat out most of the other garbage ive found for sale....i guess the most expensive part is buying the glass.

i assume beardo is talking about cheap posters and not quality prints....if thats not the case i wouldnt mind hearing the reasoning behind that statement either.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I usually prefer posters mounted on kapa fix, 8mm mdf sheets or aluminium. I hate the reflections on the glass plexi unless its a really glossy picture or some original artwork behind it.

i was in the "custom framing" buisness for about 5 years.

ikea frames suck asshole.

with something super huge like that -the best thing to do in terms of presentation and keeping the cost down is to have it mounted (preferrably vacum mounted) to a nice sheet of rag board. that alone would be about 120+.. but well worth it considering it will last for about 3 lifetimes.

that way it's flat, and you can then choose whatever type frame you like, just dont put the glass directly on top of any print, poster or not, it will eventually ruin it.

in the long run youre lookin at around 200 at the cheapest (as far as doing it right) since most of the cost youre paying is labor - it's not such a bad idea to build a frame yourself, if you have the resources.