pics of pripyat (or a deloate nuclear wasted city for those who don't know)

GamblersGrin

http://26-04-1986.com/

a few people who went to the chernobyl area and painted stuff on the walls of the desolate area. pripyat is a fucked up place. everythinh was left the same as it was when the residents were forced to leave after the nuclear disaster. there is a nice documentary on pripyat itself. the pics on this site are too interesting. shows how fuckered up nuclear capability is.

edit: what;s a deloate? bad speller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the documentary that i saw on this place is about a girl who grew up there and there are guards on the outskirts but they do nothing, she has become friends with them and they trust her in there. when she goes she carries a meter that reads radiation and at some points the things is going beserk. i think its something only like 45 minute- 1 hour intervals (from what i remember. its a short time only though for sure) you can go inside bc after that you will have too much radiation exposure in your body.

that other girls documentary also has broader shots of the city so you can really see how desolate it is. she said this bell/alarm went off and government soldiers ushered everyone onto buses after stripping everyone naked bc the clothes had too much radiation on em, they went into those portable showers, washed off and were ordered into the buses. she goes into some houses and there are plates on the dinner table, pictures of family up. it is literally as if the people left everything in place and simply vanished. its a massive city too so to see it when she rides up to it is quite spooky.

Pripyat%20Chernobyl.JPG

do a google image search on "pripyat" and you can see how large of a city it is

I guess the encasement around the chernobyl reactor has been disintegrating, and if it fails it will pretty much destoy the planet. The US allocated funds to repair it like 10 years ago but the money has disappeared. Go america.