PHRITE FOREVER - Roy "Phrite" Garcia - REST IN POWER!

TheBob

Many people come into our lives. Many people impact the ones they're surrounded by. This guy did that not only on an intimate personal level... but he did it for the whole Graffiti and Street Art community. Roy was our best friend, comrade, borther in arms... the whole fucking nine. If you had the chance to meet him on any level of importance... you graced a true human being. Real to the core and nothing ever got in the way of that.

He was killed while defending a friend from a brutal robbery. They took his life... but they have no idea... they made him live forever. He's gone in the physical world but our memories and all those damn panels he painted... reminders. All reminders... that this guy did shit proper.

He was a best friend to me, a roomate, a crewmate, everything. I couldn't have asked for better people in my life. Like Ridle said in a text message I got to see today... "Now Heist has a painting partner in heaven." Don't hog all those spots nigga. We'll be there soon. I love you Roy.

-Bryer BK

Shoutouts to everyone who were very important people in his life. <b>Sinek, Guilt, Resek, Bionek.</b> We all were his friend but you guys were his brother. Much respect, much love, and Phrite will live on.

If you guys have pictures of the man, his work, or any comments and testimonies to his existence... Post them here.

Sinek, Resek, Guilt... You guys are hurting real bad right now... but you all have hearts of gold, and so did Phrite. Thats why you guys are WA Fact. Inspirational.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

423wx.jpg

phrite.jpg

The previous picture was of the very first penguin he ever painted. You knew the penguins... you knew Phrite. Keep this thread rolling harder than a freight train with the speed of God. Roy wouldn't have it any other way. This screen name will be utilized by many people to convey their appreciation, love, and sadness concerning this loss.

I lost a true friend and brother to me this weekend. He was taken fom my life as quickly as he came into it. Roy Garcia was shot four times in his hometown of Phoenix AZ. this weekend while defending a friend from a robbery. What can I say about Roy? He was your friend until the end, and stuck up for me even when we both knew I was wrong. Roy was the never the one to start it, but please believe he'd finish it. Roy was one of the most genuine, loving, hard working people I ever knew and I'm so glad he came into my life. If there is a heaven, I know you are there. This was a senseless murder with no provocation, and the people behind this will definetly receive what they deserve. Roy was also a talented artist, who had moved to Cleveland to start a new life and only went back to Arizona to help his Mother. I wish I was hearing that you were on your way home to Cleveland instead of typing this.

"Bobby Lost" -Cleveland, Oh.

Roy.jpg

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

TRASH LID BY PHRITE!

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

TRASH LID ART BY PHRITE/CROW

picture.JPG

A RIP HEIST BY PHRITE

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I REMBER THIS EASTER SUNDAY LIKE IT WAS YESTER DAY. KICKING BACK PAINTINGF A WALL WITH YOU ,RESP,ANOY AND MY SELF. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture.JPG

I WISH THIS WAS A SICK JOKE. EVERY TIME I SAW HIM NO MATTER HOW SHITY I WAS FEELING OR HOW BAD OF A MOOD I WAS IN HE COULD PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. I REMEMBER THE NIGHT I WAS SO SICK LAYIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACKS MISERABLE ASS FUCK HAD TO GO TO WORK IN A HOUR AND I I COULD DO IS LAUGH UNTIL I THREW UP BECAUSE OF HIM. ROY WILL BE MISSED. IM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS WA FACT YOU KNOW WE'LL ALL BE HERE FOR YOU. STAY STRONG GUYS

there's four really clean phrite pieces on the westside redline... i could swear he was giving us two thumbs up from above. i miss you so much bro. i'll never forget coming home from that god awful chicago trip, walking home from downtown, to see you in the living room with no shirt on and some really dumb shit written on your body. you finished a whole fucking bottle of cuervo you fuck. you put that smile on my face daily. you couldn't stop cheesing. as they say... denial is a river in egypt. god knows I love you. put a good word in for me when i get to those gates. You know I need it.

-b.

Rest in Paradise ROY. I just met this cool ass cat in Cleveland around New Years. Kicking it in a room of strange faces (1st day there) and Phrite broke the ice right away. Great guys they made me and wifey feel like part of the fam only after a few hour of being there. We were both tripping out on the cold ass bad weather. I was clowning with him about the snow since he had just experienced it for the first time etc........ Big lost to the graff world, his friends and crew and to his Mother. See you again soon homie. ONE L(n)VE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!