photoshop question

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your best bet might be to use Illustrator if you can... that way you can define a pattern as a fill but...

I think you can do the same type thing in photoshop, or maybe you could do it with 'Brushes'... or, another way might be to use masks but...

i know you can fill like that...ive have done it before...but it was one of those things were i was fucking around...and have no idea what i clicked or did to do it...the dots i had were black...but i bet you could simply change the color...or replace the color. you could simply do it by hand also :)

well, on smaller 72dpi images, you can use filter>color halftone. but ive got to make an image...big image, 33"x14", and when i try to do it on a scale that large, the are either gigantic, and so they just cover overy thing, or they're...well, they're just not right.

smart, you can define patters for a fill in photoshop too, which actually i had never thought of till you just mentioned illustrator, but it would do nothing for gradients, which is very important. any other ideas?

well... the size kinda changes it... so, now I'm guessing that this is for a final PRINTED product?

(new solutions and problems)

if that's the case, I would go ahead and fill it how you want but you must use spot colors (maybe called 'user defined') for your gradients...

Then when you send it to the printer, go into your seperation set-up, select the spot color and set it to print at anywhere between 12 and 24 DPI (for pretty huge fucking dots)...

Originally posted by Smart

well... the size kinda changes it... so, now I'm guessing that this is for a final PRINTED product?

(new solutions and problems)

if that's the case, I would go ahead and fill it how you want but you must use spot colors (maybe called 'user defined') for your gradients...

Then when you send it to the printer, go into your seperation set-up, select the spot color and set it to print at anywhere between 12 and 24 DPI (for pretty huge fucking dots)...

yes...but he wants them small?

Originally posted by seeking

oh yeah, it's going to be silk screened.

spose i should have mentioned that.

haha...

Man, for silk screening I would definately look into using Illustrator... it just has an easier to use seperation set-up and it's all about the vector graphics but... yeah...

Seperation set-up is what you want...

it's amazing how much you forget when you dont use something for a few months.

You're telling me, I used to RULE photoshop, now I can't even scratch my ass with the keyboard while that program is running...

eh...there is alot of shit in photoshop...to the point where I dont even look shit up till I need to know how to do it...you can get by with a basic knowledge...I been making alot of easy cheesy graphics for websites, like 10 minute shit...and got have gotten paid pretty decently. horray for the warez photoshop...making me dollars.

ya know, i just loaded illustrator onto my computer yesterday, assuming i was gonna do it in there. but since i dont know ilustrator for shit, i got frustrated.

infact, i cant even figure out how to make the stupid fucking page that it supplies, to go away. i hate that god damn thing. i cant make it turn landscape either.

it's way too hot, i am not having a good day of it.

intangiblefame,

when i used to think about you, i thought of 'shameless self promotion', who i dont like very much. but now i dont think of him. now when i think of you, i think...hey, what day is it? oh yeah, it's intangiblefame appreciation day, kick ass'! then i go and look at nikeskateboarding.com and i check out the new URL shoes, and i think to myself, holy fuck, those are hot. i need a pair like fucking yesterday. and then i think, but dude, you swore that as a matter of principle you would never buy nike's, and then id think....yeah, but im pretty much a fucking sell out these days, so whatever. then i hit on 'find them in a store near you' and im on my way.

(you get it here, since i closed my other thread)

Originally posted by Smart

Man, for silk screening I would definately look into using Illustrator... it just has an easier to use seperation set-up and it's all about the vector graphics...

Illustrator... Preferences... Units & Undo... Minimum Undo Levels --100

Illustrator... File... Document Setup... Width, Height, Orientation, Output resolution...

Illustrator... View... Hide Page Tiling...

Illustrator... View... Show Rulers...

you're set up to go...

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

Illustrator... Preferences... Units & Undo... Minimum Undo Levels --100

Illustrator... File... Document Setup... Width, Height, Orientation, Output resolution...

Illustrator... View... Hide Page Tiling...

Illustrator... View... Show Rulers...

you're set up to go...

i dont know where exactly im set up to go to, but that certainly helped with the stupid page thing that i couldnt make dissapear.

now i just need to figure everything else out.haha

thanks man.

Originally posted by villain

For badass 3d graphix and modeling and animation and textured polygons and bump maps and what not is 3d StudioMax still the shit? I've been out of it for a while......

as far as i know yes, and em concerned yes.

seeking the green and brown sound dope.

in photoshop:

- make some dots, highlight them

- edit > define pattern

- make your selection

- edit > fill > pattern

thats for 5.5 at least.

and if your silk screening it make sure you shit is clean and hi res or do it in illustrator.

5.5 is the only version before adobe overloaded it with worthless crap.

the only thing 7 is good for is the heal tool and a slightly better compression engine. and i suppose the brush shit if your into that.

in any event id never really use the heal tool, and compression is for sissies.

Originally posted by villain

For badass 3d graphix and modeling and animation and textured polygons and bump maps and what not is 3d StudioMax still the shit? I've been out of it for a while......

that and maya.

Originally posted by seeking

i dont know where exactly im set up to go to, but that certainly helped with the stupid page thing that i couldnt make dissapear.

now i just need to figure everything else out.haha

thanks man.

hahaha.. you're set up to start your project, whatever it may be...

not sure if we're going this year...

Archived