Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

photoshop question

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jul 12, 2003.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

is there a specific way to get fills like this, in photoshop? i know you can take a solid, and halftone it or posterize or whatever, but its hard to get the size/dimmensions the way i want them.
    is there something ive been missing all these years?

[​IMG]

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

your best bet might be to use Illustrator if you can... that way you can define a pattern as a fill but...

I think you can do the same type thing in photoshop, or maybe you could do it with 'Brushes'... or, another way might be to use masks but...

3. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

i know you can fill like that...ive have done it before...but it was one of those things were i was fucking around...and have no idea what i clicked or did to do it...the dots i had were black...but i bet you could simply change the color...or replace the color. you could simply do it by hand also :)

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

well, on smaller 72dpi images, you can use filter>color halftone. but ive got to make an image...big image, 33"x14", and when i try to do it on a scale that large, the are either gigantic, and so they just cover overy thing, or they're...well, they're just not right.

smart, you can define patters for a fill in photoshop too, which actually i had never thought of till you just mentioned illustrator, but it would do nothing for gradients, which is very important. any other ideas?

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

well... the size kinda changes it... so, now I'm guessing that this is for a final PRINTED product?

(new solutions and problems)
    if that's the case, I would go ahead and fill it how you want but you must use spot colors (maybe called 'user defined') for your gradients...

Then when you send it to the printer, go into your seperation set-up, select the spot color and set it to print at anywhere between 12 and 24 DPI (for pretty huge fucking dots)...

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

oh yeah, it's going to be silk screened.
    spose i should have mentioned that.
    haha...

it's amazing how much you forget when you dont use something for a few months.

7. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

yes...but he wants them small?

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Man, for silk screening I would definately look into using Illustrator... it just has an easier to use seperation set-up and it's all about the vector graphics but... yeah...

Seperation set-up is what you want...

You're telling me, I used to RULE photoshop, now I can't even scratch my ass with the keyboard while that program is running...

9. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

eh...there is alot of shit in photoshop...to the point where I dont even look shit up till I need to know how to do it...you can get by with a basic knowledge...I been making alot of easy cheesy graphics for websites, like 10 minute shit...and got have gotten paid pretty decently. horray for the warez photoshop...making me dollars.

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ya know, i just loaded illustrator onto my computer yesterday, assuming i was gonna do it in there. but since i dont know ilustrator for shit, i got frustrated.
    infact, i cant even figure out how to make the stupid fucking page that it supplies, to go away. i hate that god damn thing. i cant make it turn landscape either.

it's way too hot, i am not having a good day of it.

11. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

im not a fan of illustrator either...I can never get it to do exactly what I want it to...it always half asses it...and yes hot is the word...98 degrees should only be a boy band.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

intangiblefame,
    when i used to think about you, i thought of 'shameless self promotion', who i dont like very much. but now i dont think of him. now when i think of you, i think...hey, what day is it? oh yeah, it's intangiblefame appreciation day, kick ass'! then i go and look at nikeskateboarding.com and i check out the new URL shoes, and i think to myself, holy fuck, those are hot. i need a pair like fucking yesterday. and then i think, but dude, you swore that as a matter of principle you would never buy nike's, and then id think....yeah, but im pretty much a fucking sell out these days, so whatever. then i hit on 'find them in a store near you' and im on my way.

(you get it here, since i closed my other thread)

13. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

i hope your not comparing me to nike...or a sell out...but anywho...i own a pair of quartezez or how ever they are spelled...only nike shoes ill ever own...i did buy a pair of these dope blue Asics the other day.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

no man, not at all. im just sitting here thinking that i really need them.
    im just trying to decide if i want them in black and grey, or green and brown.

15. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

Illustrator... Preferences... Units & Undo... Minimum Undo Levels --100
    Illustrator... File... Document Setup... Width, Height, Orientation, Output resolution...
    Illustrator... View... Hide Page Tiling...
    Illustrator... View... Show Rulers...

you're set up to go...