Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

PHOTOSHOP QUESTION....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Jan 3, 2002.

1. OK, i'm facing a propblem here, lets say you scan a handstyle, a brush stroke, something with detail.
    and you want to select it and cut it from its original background with out destroing its original feeling, the feeling a brush gives.
    What would you do?
    I'm talking about really well done job here, imagine chinese caligraphy, imagine this:
    http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/images/12oz_logo.gif'>
    (the roller painted part)
    i usually try to make a good selection (not to tight) and then use 'replace color' to bring whats left of the original background to the color i wish for the new.

I know the basics so i'm looking for killer tips here
    thanx

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i should know this, cause ive done it before... taking the background out of a picture of someone, without losing the wisping hairs... arggghhh, i cant think of it... i'll try an get back to you...

3. yeah, thats what i'm talking about,

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

try this... get a rough copy of it, then (if your using 6) double click on that layer in the pallet. that'll bring up the blending options... now go to 'blend if top layer is' and ALT+click (the alt is very important) on one of the little triangles. this will split it apart and allow you to disolve the color very finely. you might have to play with background colors to get the right combination, but im pretty sure that should work...

5. BLINK_evryda

BLINK_evryda Guest

try this
    go to
    edit then go to color select
    select image and select your background color
    boom
    there you go
    hit delete
    and your white back ground is gone

or

when you scan do it in whatever color you want and then change the image to
    idex colors put the number of colors at like five then select the tag or whatever you want to cut out and preserve
    hit ctrl+X
    open a new document with whatever color background
    then hit ctrl+V
    you have a seperate layer with the tag you want
    and a background

thats lesson one
    and if oyu need more help on photoshop ask me
    i can answer any question you have

not that my expertise is respected on even the most essentials such as breathing but!!!
    give it a try

and if it works there you go

there is a million other ways to go about it

later

the forum punching bag

6. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

that looks pretty kool man.
    i would probably make the lettering stand out more but that just me not you... .. .

7. BLINK_evryda

BLINK_evryda Guest

try my way then place that image and gie it an outer glow effect and blur it then change the opacity to 80%.

8. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

9. Blink, thanx.
    I didnt try your method, directions seemed to complex for my stupid brain, is the method you describe giving a better result than the one i got?
    I try to keep things as simple as i can so i'll check that next time, thanx anyway, you're officialy on my buddy list:)

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

umm...

it's been sooooo long since I've been talking p'shop on here... sigh...

It's very... VERY simple.
    If the image is black ink on white paper,
    just invert the colour, then sellect 'screen' as the layer option.
    You'll have a very clean white graphic element that still has texture.
    Then use your colour correction skills,
    and it's cake to change it into whatever tone/shade you want.

(possibly create a mask of the with graphic then a colour adjustment layer)

and that's that!

11. Eh, I see traces of a cloud up in that antenna thingie over there...

Haha, j/k, looks beautiful. So what did you end up doing? I would've messed with the layer blending tools like Zesto and Seeking said, but if there's an easier way, I'd like to know. Beer,

El Mamerro

12. BLINK_evryda

BLINK_evryda Guest

thats not clouds on the antenna its the dis part of the antenna. i like tha pic, i got some if youd like to see, ima photographer or was. but yes the method im describing is way more accurate. Just try playing around with the select color thing. And if you want a little glow, after you do color select go to selest again and feather the selection.
    ive been using this prog for about 5 years i know a litlle about it.

13. ...well its half antenna and half cloud:D
    I used seekings advise as it came first and with good instructions, i think i could have done it better in this way but i didnt care at the moment.
    Anyway thanx everyone for the input keep it up, more detailed.
    Blink lets see those flicks,
    I think that this 'tutorial' is very interesting as we all needed to do that everyonce in a while.