photoshop question

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

how would i get an outline on a scanned handstyle?

i've already cut and pasted it, and colored it, its a oneliner,

now i want to have a thin outline going around it..

?

also, does anyone know where i can dl the latest photoshop

for mac? anyone willing to bundle theirs and email it to me:cool: ?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

*Note,

if the handstyle's fill isnt flat, has to many separate pieces or faded areas that make its selection complicated and your background is a flat color ex.white paper, Select the background with the magic wand tool and the go to SELECT>INVERSE SELECTION.

You get the same result faster and easier.

If you are using a pre6 phtshp version and you want to use the m.w. tool multiple times, adding little pieces each time, holding down SHIFT while doing it works fine.

Guest BROWNer

awesome, thanks tesseract...

i don't have 6, i want it...i've got this version5 limited edition...

its pretty welfare....but seems to be alright for a novice like myself..

um..one more....which is probably more complex...

if i want to, for example, take a chair out of a picture, or whatever really, without

inverseing it or whatever to use the magic wand, how do i

do it??? do i have to use the tracing tool???? cuz that thing

sucks....is there an easy way to pluck whole images out of

pictures?

to remove objects from a picture when the wand or magnetic lasso won't do it, you can use the polygonal lassoe and just zoom way in--then have the path feathered a few pixels so it doesn't look all jagged. it's a fuckin pain in the ass but i use to have to do that all the time back when i was doing graphic design full time.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yeah, garcia is right.

The proper way to do that is by making a path with the bezier tool, but fuck that-way to complicated if you're now starting.

So stick to garcia's saying,

If you dont wish to be superexact in order to save some time and piece of mind, dont overdo the zoom part ,200-300% is pretty ok, and after you finish blur the objects edges a bit.

Guest BROWNer

i'm too whatever to download hotline....i don't

want to download a whole cryptic world of ass pains to get it.

i want photoshop 6/mac easy...like somebody

break it down, compress it and bundle it, then send it to me

email style.....................;)

which won't happen i know.... :o :(

Guest BROWNer

its a mac stereo editing/mastering/effects program....

very fun....i'm pretty snooty with audio programs, but

this one is fun as shit.......on a new ibook you could

have alot of it................all the fx you could want, all

realtime, with a window where you can literally hook

up a shitload of fx together, so you could have a reverb

going, then put that through a lowpass filter, then

put that through some evil distortion, then through a

grm tool......you get the idea...

Guest BROWNer

seeking...yea...you can highlight an area, chop it up, loop it, effect it...

whatever......play it backwards, slow it way down, stretch it...................

in addition to the already massive amount of plug ins that come with

it, you can also download pluggo, which is a whole load of other

plug-ins that are free....there's a new one every month...shit is gold...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yo Brownerizzo, does Spark Audio have a built-in sequencer? Something like what SF ACID does on PC's? I hear Cubase has something like it but I'm not sure, and I've been looking for a Mac app where I can sequence loops and shit. So far everything I do for sequencing is just copy/paste stuff on SoundEdit 16 and Peak DSV, which is just inaccurate and time consuming. Any ideas?

On the other hand, scratch what someone up there said about not using the bezier pen tool. LEARN IT. Getting familiar with it is probably THE most important skill for all kinds of digital imaging, be it making masks, vector outlines, motion paths, or splines for 3D modeling programs. All you need to do is use it to go around the object you want to select (Alt-click existing points if you want to make them a corner points, and hold down the Apple key to select existing points and move them around), and close the path. Then you go to the window were your layers are, click on the Paths tab, and a little thumbnail of your path appears as Path 1. Now at the bottom of the window is a dotted circle; click on it and your path is selected. Clicking on the gray area under the path thumbnail makes the path invisible, but leaves your selection visible and ready to move, edit, whatever. Good lizzuck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest BROWNer

buttafly, yes its got a few vocoders, its got anything you could ever want in

fx....go to pluggo.com and look around there.......thats just half of the shit

that you can route into it.

mammero, it doesn't have a sequencer...i don't use sequencers, or rather, they never entered my sphere of interest, so i completely passed them up, somewhat regretfully...now i could care less, i zoom edit and paste with math, the hard way.

i'm pretty lo-tech with my setup...i used to have peak...didn't like it. i use a free ware program to do the editing and basic ideas, then when it gets hefty size wize i whip it into pro tools...and in between i spank shit into spark if i want some reverb or what have you...once its all done you can re-spank your finished whatever into spark and master it for professional release if thats your aim. spark is basically an fx editor/mastering tool....you mentioned cubase, all of the vstfx ever made for cubase are routable to spark...so you can just splunk your vst folder into spark and voila...the version i have((pirated))has most of them already, in addition to a ton of other fx like grm tools which are fuckin' insane...

for those of you that want this program, you're gonna have to get yourselves a large email account, something that can give and receive more than 6megs.....when you do that, come back here and drop the email for me and i'll see if i can get it through to you...toodles..

Originally posted by El Mamerro

On the other hand, scratch what someone up there said about not using the bezier pen tool. LEARN IT. Getting familiar with it is probably THE most important skill for all kinds of digital imaging, be it making masks, vector outlines, motion paths, or splines for 3D modeling programs. All you need to do is use it to go around the object you want to select (Alt-click existing points if you want to make them a corner points, and hold down the Apple key to select existing points and move them around), and close the path. Then you go to the window were your layers are, click on the Paths tab, and a little thumbnail of your path appears as Path 1. Now at the bottom of the window is a dotted circle; click on it and your path is selected. Clicking on the gray area under the path thumbnail makes the path invisible, but leaves your selection visible and ready to move, edit, whatever. Good lizzuck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

I use bezier on other programs,

Photoshops handles and whole system looks weird to me...

maybe i'm used to a different kind i dont know.

Archived