1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

photoshop 6.0

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iCEBERG, Apr 4, 2002.

1. iCEBERG

iCEBERG 12oz Senior Member

photoshop 6.0

Discussion started by iCEBERG - Apr 4, 2002

yea well i been havin photoshop for about i dunno... a long time... anyways

i looked everywhere for some regular faqs help how tos etc... an i find mostly jibberish

i was wonderin if any of you had tips etc... i just started playing around with it, its pretty dope an im grabbin 7 in about 45 minutes. hook it up, i wanna play too...

for instance if i had two images...

an i had a guys portait on one an wanted to move just the guy, his outline not the background to another picture, how would i go about doing this?

iCEBERG - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

crso - Replied Apr 4, 2002

first you make a clipping path(use the pen tool) of the guy . then you copy and paste the clipping path on to the other picture.

crso - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. iCEBERG

iCEBERG - Replied Apr 4, 2002

theres nothing under my paths tab :/ where can i find this "clipping path" option?

4. iCEBERG

ok thanks...

yea thanks j, an one more question, how would i change the size of a picture in order to make two different pictures of people the same hieght?

the photoshop help isnt so good

5. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

use the scale tool under edit.

6. iCEBERG

its only pasting the outline...

7. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

bumdigger - Replied Apr 4, 2002

for faking pictures and things like that. look up faq's for the lasso tools and the rubber stamp tools. also learn a little bit about layers. it's kinna tough to explain in few words but if i find a good faq i'll link it up

8. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

bumdigger - Replied Apr 4, 2002

when you select what you want to resize with either the lasso tool or whatever you choose to select with hit ctrl + T this will let you size things.
    tip. hold down shift while resizing to keep everything looking right.

9. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

make sure you have marching ants going around your clipping path then select it . so you can copy and paste.

10. XMartyrX

XMartyrX New Jack

XMartyrX - Replied Apr 4, 2002

To change the size of an image to match the two up.. you can simply use the transform option. Ctrl + T is the shortcut Apple + T is for mac. you can resize the image accordingly. To make clipping paths you use the pen tool like the other person said and then create a path. this will show up under your paths tab. You can also try the marquee tool and trace around the object. A hint with this to make the two images blend is before you cut the person out go up and find "feather" feather the image to like 2 or 3 and this will soften the edges. The gaussian blur tool. helps too... gtg

XMartyrX - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. iCEBERG

holy goodness thanks for your help, ill be awhile

12. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Apr 4, 2002

i want one!!!

13. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Apr 4, 2002

this program is hella complicated , i just started fooling around with it too , and im lost .

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. THEdude

THEdude Guest

THEdude - Replied Apr 4, 2002

go here

http://robouk.mchost.com/

this guy has some begginer tutorials that you can follow also he has links to other websites with tutorials too

15. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

blink_ATX - Replied Apr 4, 2002

i think there is two good ways for executing this procedure. I have been using photoshop since 3.5 and know quite a bit about it.

first you can use the outline tool, it offers more than one tool within that section like the magnet or freehand or the one in between. Honestly i like using the one in between those two, if you mess up on a point you can always use the dlete button to erase the last point(prettycool). Anyway after i get done tracing you hit ctrl+X to cut it then paste it where you want on another layer.

2. you can use color select and the grow option under edit i think but if you look through the meus you will find the mosify subtype and grow or expand are under there. In those features you can expand contract or grow or similar by a numeric in pixels.

its done good for me and i have been using this program for over 5 years. im not certified but quite possibly could be.

if you need anymore tips post another thread on a question.