photos stuck together??!! help!

Guest Dr. Drew

Guest Dr. Drew

i don't know where can find this out, so i'll turn to you wonderful 12ozers for help, since there's such a wide assortment of experts that browse this board...

i had a stack of pictures from my vacation last year, and i left them stacked in a pile on a table, and where i live, its really humid, and after a day, they're all stuck together just from sitting out. fuck, if i pull them apart as is, it'll destroy the pics....does anyone know a method to ease them apart? maybe light steam? i dunno, it was the best vacation i've ever had....i hope i didn't lose the negatives...

:o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that happend to me before.

i left some flicks in my glove compartment and when i took them out they were stuck together. i didnt try anything special to get them apart, so they were pretty much ruined.

id try a light steam, like you suggested. or maybe ask Lono to ease up on the humidity next time.

good luck!

Guest WebsterUno

*hmmm*

steam, it should loosen them up.

just be carefull. Lay them out, scatterd

and let them air dry.

Guest Dr. Drew

yeah, i think you guys are right, steam seems proper. i was going to do it anyway, i just thought i'd see if anyone has actually done it before, or if there's a better way.

thanks guys :ballcap:

Guest Dr. Drew

steam=water, therefore steaming them would yield the same result as soaking. when the photo becomes wet, they have a jelly-like consistency and soaking might cause it to blur. i could be wrong, but i know there's a lot of photgraphers on this board who have a clue...

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

steam=water, therefore steaming them would yield the same result as soaking. when the photo becomes wet, they have a jelly-like consistency and soaking might cause it to blur. i could be wrong, but i know there's a lot of photgraphers on this board who have a clue...

if you dry em they shouldn't blur...

and steam is hot, which could be much more damaging than plain old water...

Archived