Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Photography experiments

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by qsysue, Jul 29, 2011.

1. OhMyGosh!

OhMyGosh! Member

2. qsysue

qsysue Member

That's crazy. Seems like you could do it with something a little less fragile than an egg!

3. OhMyGosh!

OhMyGosh! Member

4. qsysue

qsysue Member

I'm always putting the wrong film in cameras. I have a lot of cute little 127 cameras, and I'll often try 35mm film in them. (Or I did until I got my hands on some bulk rolls of 40mm film, which is the same size as 127.)

But here's an example. The camera I used:

[​IMG]

Results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the light leaks are from me not taping up the frame number window well enough.

I actually really like these results, I need to use this camera some more.

5. qsysue

qsysue Member

When my Holga shutter died, I turned the camera into a pinhole. The pinhole is one that came with a Gakken plastic assemble-it-yourself camera that my brother sent me from Taiwan. The camera has trouble winding the film so I never use it.

I first tested it out with 35mm film (faceless me):

[​IMG]

Then tried some 120. It has a really sharp vignette.

Me playing a videogame (several minute exposure):

[​IMG]

On some rails (light leak along the top I later fixed):

[​IMG]

Haven't used it in awhile, I should do so.

Schnitzel and Pet like this.
  6. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

I liked the idea of the overlap and swap. I think that some really well thought out combos could really work well especially with the incorporation of different design choices. wish I had the time to do photography, but i barely have time for everything else

7. qsysue

qsysue Member

I've recently started developing color film at home--and slide film too. It's really fun. I just want to shoot slide all the time now. I finally got to do something I've always wanted to but didn't want to shell out the dough for--I cross-processed C41 film in E6 chemicals. Some results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The film was Fuji NPC 160 shot in a Canon AE-1 Program. Chemicals were an Arista kit.

Fist 666 likes this.
  8. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

the throwie on the van looks fucking wild! awesome.

9. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

I was experimenting with water for the first time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. qsysue

qsysue Member

Neat. Wanna explain more about what you did?

11. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

i uploaded those with my phone and i hate typing on it!
    this was my set up for the middle two shots
    [​IMG]
    it took a while to figure out the shutter speed and also focusing was a little tricky.
    for the first one i just used some food colouring and water and took lots of photos and that was the best looking splash i thought.
    For the last one i was actually planning to roll the tangerine through water and capture that but it wasn't working out so i filled a metal tray with a little bit of water and just dropped it. i just find it fascinating to capture water in motion!
    I love this thread, some really interesting things, and sorry for the big pictures!

12. Deine Mudder

Deine Mudder Senior Member

Interesting thread!

So did anyone print caffenol-negs by now?

13. qsysue

qsysue Member

I haven't yet, but I might try it sometime soon.

14. I Can Nollieflip

I Can Nollieflip New Jack

shooting some ASA100 Ilford HP5 right now and going to try it. Will post photos of the finish product!

15. I Can Nollieflip

I Can Nollieflip New Jack

[​IMG][/url] neg by Negative_Coffee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ilford Delta 100 developed in Caffenol. Took me three rolls to get it just right.
    I will have to say, it's pretty freaking cool!