photographs documenting the Iraq invasion.

oldenglish

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

War is Bad, Without Question

And it is exceptionally heartbreaking to see so many photographs of wounded children. I'm sure Al-Jareeza and the other Arabic news agencies are trying to be fair and unbiased, no doubt that there are horriffic photographs of civilian casualties far in excess of the amount of time that Al-Jareeza has available to show them.

Any idea why Al-Jareeza wasn't showing the victims of Saddam's secret police and Baath Party torturers? Or maybe the many wives and children of dissidents in Iraq that were tortured and repeatedly raped in front of the parents or spouse in order to terrify them into obedience? How about the thousands of Kurds killed with nerve gas weapons by Saddam's cousin, "Chemical" Ali?

Anybody who is on Saddam's side is on the side of the Nazis, this time. I am sorry that there are civilian casualties. Even with whatever care is being exercised, there will still be thousands of unavoidable casualties. Odd, I haven't heard of any American "human shields" volunteering lately. I guess they just don't care about innocent little Iraqi children being hurt by American bombs. If they just had more commitment and were more sincerely dedicated to peace, I bet Saddam's secret police could be persuaded to stop using electrodes on the genitals of the children of Iraqi dissidents.

I bet looking down the barrel of an M-4 rifle in the hands of a pissed-off 20-year old U.S. Marine would be more persuasive.

The Baath Party is a totalitarian, fascistic party of murderers and torturers. I say we hunt them just like we hunt Nazis. And when we capture one, we try him for war crimes and crimes against humanity and execute him. Definately starting with Saddam Hussein and all his monstrous henchmen.

The Middle East is filled with these people, of varying nationalities and political stripes. They oppress everyone else there. It's unfortunate that there are very few democratic alternatives there and that the U.S. has too often taken the easy way out in the past. The CIA and the State Department thought it was easier to deal with the Shah than it was to deal with Soviet-sympathetic Iranian nationalists or Islamic radicals. We thought that better to back a petty tyrant like Saddam, already engaged in a long war with Iran, rather than have Iran become a major regional power without opposition. Better to back Islamic fundamentalist warlords in Afghanistan rather than see Afghanistan remain a Communist client state of the Soviet Union.

Each one of these decisions, beginning back in the 1920's with our support and protection of the shiekh in Saudi Arabia, was dependant upon our desire for "cheap" oil and/or a manageable political climate in the Middle East. American oil companies have made millions, probably billions, for wealthy people here in the U.S. and also foreign kings, shiekhs and ruling oligarchies. All this is very true.

Personally, I think it was all a criminal conspiracy from the start, way back in the 1890's, and even before, when the process of industrialization began consolidating wealth in fewer and fewer hands.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. There are varying opinions about it, but as time goes on, the true history gets harder and harder to discern. Eventually, the true beginnings will be completely obscure. Welcome to "1984", in truth.

Millions live on $1 a day or less. AIDS ravages the world, along with malaria and tuberculosis and the very water we drink is becoming pollutted and scarce. Things must change, and in fact, will change as time goes on.

It is handy to blame the West for all these troubles, but left to their own devices, I doubt the people of the Middle East would do much better.

Or not. Perhaps we really should just pack up our shit and go home. Leave them to fend for themselves. Re-cycle all our cars and trucks, bring back railroads, and the entire nation can become subsistance farmers and chicken ranchers, travel about on bicycles and learn to live as the rest of the World lives.

Step #1---Join a fanatical religion that controls every aspect of life.

Step #2---Give up alcohol, all TV, all forms of secular music, sex until after you are married, cars, skateboards, computer games, etc., etc.

Step #3---Start attending school where the only thing taught is the Quran.

Step #5---The law will now be Sharia law. Steal, we cut off your hand with a sword. Sleep with your girlfriend, you will be beheaded in public.

Step #6---Your girlfriend will now wear a black robe covering her entire body. She will have a little window to look out of. Religious police will beat her with fan belts if they can see her ankles.

Step #7---You will do whatever the local mullah tells you to do, or the religious police will come to your house at night, take you away and torture you. If that doesn't work, they will torture your Mom and your little brothers and sisters until you agree to stop listening to rap music forever. Either you will pray five times a day, or get ready to be whipped with fan belts some more.

Step #8---No more electric power. No basketball (a western affectation), no football, no tennis. No surfing or skateboarding. You can play soccer. If you are on the National team, and you lose, you will be tortured by the secret police.

Get the picture? Don't forget, the Americans are the bad guys and are the cause of all the problems in the Middle East.

Re: War is Bad, Without Question

your point is well made Kabar.

However there is key facts that need to be understood before the legitmacy of this invasion and annexation in the name of liberation is said to be true and just.

While Saddam has a secret police and henchmen task force that kills people, compare that death toll to our violent crime rate which is like 15 times higher than the rest of the world.

The REAGAN BUSH ADMINISTRATION armed saddam and looked the other way when the gassing your talking about was done.

And if this rebuilding and liberation is so much of a goal, why was it not done in 91 when we had bombed the country for 6 weeks?

Also, invading a country in the name of democracy in violation of international law, with reasons that are transperant when it comes to their validity, with out the backing of the united nations and under protest of citizens world wide, with no decleration of war by the United States Congress is unjust.

The Sanctions imposed and the reminants of depleted uranium have left civilian death tolls probably higher than the regime of saddam hussien over the last ten years.

and as far as the steps your describing below, understand that Islam by the word of Islamic scholars is in the dark ages right now. Care to recall the dark ages of Christianity and the crusades?

Originally posted by KaBar

And it is exceptionally heartbreaking to see so many photographs of wounded children. I'm sure Al-Jareeza and the other Arabic news agencies are trying to be fair and unbiased, no doubt that there are horriffic photographs of civilian casualties far in excess of the amount of time that Al-Jareeza has available to show them.

Any idea why Al-Jareeza wasn't showing the victims of Saddam's secret police and Baath Party torturers? Or maybe the many wives and children of dissidents in Iraq that were tortured and repeatedly raped in front of the parents or spouse in order to terrify them into obedience? How about the thousands of Kurds killed with nerve gas weapons by Saddam's cousin, "Chemical" Ali?

Anybody who is on Saddam's side is on the side of the Nazis, this time. I am sorry that there are civilian casualties. Even with whatever care is being exercised, there will still be thousands of unavoidable casualties. Odd, I haven't heard of any American "human shields" volunteering lately. I guess they just don't care about innocent little Iraqi children being hurt by American bombs. If they just had more commitment and were more sincerely dedicated to peace, I bet Saddam's secret police could be persuaded to stop using electrodes on the genitals of the children of Iraqi dissidents.

I bet looking down the barrel of an M-4 rifle in the hands of a pissed-off 20-year old U.S. Marine would be more persuasive.

The Baath Party is a totalitarian, fascistic party of murderers and torturers. I say we hunt them just like we hunt Nazis. And when we capture one, we try him for war crimes and crimes against humanity and execute him. Definately starting with Saddam Hussein and all his monstrous henchmen.

The Middle East is filled with these people, of varying nationalities and political stripes. They oppress everyone else there. It's unfortunate that there are very few democratic alternatives there and that the U.S. has too often taken the easy way out in the past. The CIA and the State Department thought it was easier to deal with the Shah than it was to deal with Soviet-sympathetic Iranian nationalists or Islamic radicals. We thought that better to back a petty tyrant like Saddam, already engaged in a long war with Iran, rather than have Iran become a major regional power without opposition. Better to back Islamic fundamentalist warlords in Afghanistan rather than see Afghanistan remain a Communist client state of the Soviet Union.

Each one of these decisions, beginning back in the 1920's with our support and protection of the shiekh in Saudi Arabia, was dependant upon our desire for "cheap" oil and/or a manageable political climate in the Middle East. American oil companies have made millions, probably billions, for wealthy people here in the U.S. and also foreign kings, shiekhs and ruling oligarchies. All this is very true.

Personally, I think it was all a criminal conspiracy from the start, way back in the 1890's, and even before, when the process of industrialization began consolidating wealth in fewer and fewer hands.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. There are varying opinions about it, but as time goes on, the true history gets harder and harder to discern. Eventually, the true beginnings will be completely obscure. Welcome to "1984", in truth.

Millions live on $1 a day or less. AIDS ravages the world, along with malaria and tuberculosis and the very water we drink is becoming pollutted and scarce. Things must change, and in fact, will change as time goes on.

It is handy to blame the West for all these troubles, but left to their own devices, I doubt the people of the Middle East would do much better.

Or not. Perhaps we really should just pack up our shit and go home. Leave them to fend for themselves. Re-cycle all our cars and trucks, bring back railroads, and the entire nation can become subsistance farmers and chicken ranchers, travel about on bicycles and learn to live as the rest of the World lives.

Step #1---Join a fanatical religion that controls every aspect of life.

Step #2---Give up alcohol, all TV, all forms of secular music, sex until after you are married, cars, skateboards, computer games, etc., etc.

Step #3---Start attending school where the only thing taught is the Quran.

Step #5---The law will now be Sharia law. Steal, we cut off your hand with a sword. Sleep with your girlfriend, you will be beheaded in public.

Step #6---Your girlfriend will now wear a black robe covering her entire body. She will have a little window to look out of. Religious police will beat her with fan belts if they can see her ankles.

Step #7---You will do whatever the local mullah tells you to do, or the religious police will come to your house at night, take you away and torture you. If that doesn't work, they will torture your Mom and your little brothers and sisters until you agree to stop listening to rap music forever. Either you will pray five times a day, or get ready to be whipped with fan belts some more.

Step #8---No more electric power. No basketball (a western affectation), no football, no tennis. No surfing or skateboarding. You can play soccer. If you are on the National team, and you lose, you will be tortured by the secret police.

Get the picture? Don't forget, the Americans are the bad guys and are the cause of all the problems in the Middle East.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

kabar...

thats all true. but why didnt we do it long ago, weve known about it for a long time. read seekings time line. why did we wait until now. you KNOW america wouldnt just go and try to 'save' all those people unless we were getting something from it. and its fucking shameless how Bush has taken a tragic event like 9/11 and used it as his whore to promote this war.

yeah right.

those things are never gonna get found.

the only hope was through inspections, but your talking about hiding things in the land of Ali Babba and the forty thieves.

The anthrax nervegas and whatever else Iraq has is not going to be used and will probably never be found by the "coalition" because thats the smoking gun to justify what they are doing.

dumbass's.

shoulda just been like,

ay yo you raghead nigguhs, give us your anthrax and we'll lift sanctions and break you off a few billion for some repairs.

Please,

Take a moment to say a prayer, tip a forty, dedicate a piece, smoke a blunt, take a moment of silence, or even a thought of care for the Iraqi's being killed and our young american brothers and sisters doing it our names.

Forgive our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us.

In Jesus's Name Amen.

this guy I used to smoke weed with told me that back in his home country of Somalia, nobody stole shit. The Sharia may have sucked, but it worked, according to him. He also said that while in school, bombs would go off outside, and no one even really cared because they were desensitized.

No ,we're liberating Iraq(by killing them) or, were looking for these weapons that threaten our freedom(we'll find them if theyre there or not), or Saddam has links to Al quaida(he has to, come on),or We're enforcing the UN charters Saddam broke(by disregarding the UN), or We're avenging the 911 victims, blah blah blah

Originally posted by Smart

Uh, no, we're doing it to completely disarm a despotic government that poses a threat to us and it's neighbors, while brutally opressing it's own countrymen.

^^Are you talkingabout the US govt?

My Opinion Is Flawed, Just Like the Rest Of The World

There is a school of philosophy that everything that comes from America is bad, and that we are all greedy, rich, racist misanthropes. I'm not talking about the Rockefellers and the Mellons and the DuPonts, I'm talking about YOU GUYS. The poorest kid in the most wretched ghetto in America still has COLOR TV. All this whining about discrimination and all that pales next to the poverty, ignorance and wretchedness of the Third World.

Sure, Sharia works in Somalia. Hell, it would work in Harlem and Houston's Fifth Ward and everywhere else. Read up on it. It's brutal as a motherfucker. If they chop off your hand for stealing, what do you think they would do to a graffitti writer who dared to write "George W. Bush sucks a big dick" on a railroad car owned by the ONLY railroad in America, George's Railroad? Or how about what would happen if you got caught smoking a joint in the bathroom at George's International Airport? Shit, if you were lucky, they would only squeeze your nuts with Vise-Grips (manufactured by George Manufacturing Company) and gang-rape your Mom and your little sister while putting a cattle prod up your Dad's ass. Better do your homework, or we'll cut off your other ear, you fuckin' little slacker.

And then there's the food thing. If you had any money, you could buy food. But you don't, because your Dad got fired and beaten up with rifle butts because your Dad's cousin was caught with an illegal Vanilla Ice CD. So he has to beg for food at the Ruthless Cowboy Headquarters. Last time they told him the only way they'd give him a bag of rice was if he brought your oldest sister up to Headquarters for a little midnight party. Your whole family cried for a week, and they finally let your sister out of the Headquarters building, except now all she does is stare out the window and whimper.

When they heard you had been caught reading an American magazine, they came out to the house and took away the gas meter and shut off the water. Now your Mom has to walk six blocks to the public spigot to get water, and cook on a charcoal brazier in the back yard. She asked the neighbors to let her use their stove, but they were too afraid. They have a 13-year old girl, and they are afraid the Ruthless Cowboy Party representative might come and take her for a Sunday drive in his Mercedes.

Understand? THIS IS FASCISM. I don't care how many people stupidly shoot each other in petty robberies and beefs over drug deals, I am never, ever, ever giving up my firearms. If anybody tries to establish FASCISM here, I am going to be the first to volunteer for the guerrilla underground.

The average Iraqi people are ecstatic that Saddam is being overthrown. His loyalists are like something out of a horror movie. The Iraqi people are beating Saddam's secret police to death all over Iraq.

We will probably tolerate this anarchy for a week or so, until most of these old scores have been settled. Then the U.S. Central Command should bring in the New Iraqi Army, and the U.S. military police and the NIA soldiers should begin re-establishing a peaceful, orderly society. Once the Iraqis get their hands on rifles, they will probably never give them up. I damned sure wouldn't.

You guys can't see it very well, but try to understand: "The United States is a free country because the American people are armed." Plenty of people don't understand how IMPORTANT the Second Amendment is. BUT THE IRAQIS DO.

Archived