Photographing Graffiti IS ILLEGAL

DallasIsDead

So I was out tonight until about 12:30am. I was just photographing some bombs. Not writing anything. Well, some oinker rolls up and I say, "Hey, is there a problem?" He replies, "I had a report of vandilism around here." So he proceeds to throw me to the ground after I resisted and unlawful arrest. Take it, these bombs were from almost six months ago. Its obvious as well. They were somewhat fading. But anyways, this oinker throws me in the back of his car face first. Didn't even read me my Meranda Rights. Which is a requirement stated in the code of ethics for officers of the law. I end up being pulled out of the car by my legs(for the fact that i wasn't able to sit up due to lack of space.) and was shoved through the electronic doors and into the detainee office. They take my belongings after I put up a fight for my rights saying, "So photography is illegal now? Wow, you guys have nothign to fucking do, do you?" I was barked at by several officers for saying fuck in front of my "elders." I told them to "bite me." They take my info down and I don't say a single word. They tell me to make a phone call, but I decline the offer. They throw me in a cell with a blanket and a coffee mug. 2 hours later, the judge comes by and I told him to let me the fuck out and let me call my lawyer. (Seeing as i don't have one, it just felt like the right hting to say, plus i've wanted ot say that for a while.) they let me out of the cell, and i start to pick up the phone and i ask the oinker, "what is it i'm in for again?" His dumbass response was, "photographing graffiti.".......... long pause then the judge let me go. all i hear in the background is yelling about a civil suit against the police department.

now my question is, do i have room to file a lawsuit for and unlawful arrest and harassment?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...go ahead and try to sue them...but sadly you may have already seriously hurt your case with your attitude...when shit like this happens, and it does every once in a while, the best thing to do is just calmly assert your rights...if they continue to violate your rights, remain silent or repeatedly state short sentences about wanting to speak to counsel, and not understanding why you're being held...if you do some research in your area you might be able to find a lawyer that has experiences in civil rights suits, if not, contact the ACLU and have them refer you to some one...good luck...

are you 17?

who the fuck says 'oinkers'?

who the fuck even says 'pigs' anymore?

are you in the black panthers?

grow up.

if you had acted like an adult, you would never have had to go through any of that. no cop, no matter how corrupt, is going to arrest someone for taking photos of graffiti if the person has even an ounce of intelligence. you could have possibly been able to sue, but by acting like that, you just shot your case, which only had one leg to stand on in the first place, in it's only good foot.

don't act like a retard and retarded shit won't happen to you.

your attitude toward the cops didnt hurt anything, and you definitly can sue but i doubt youd get anything from it even if you win (which is likely) since cops are invincible, something similar happened to my boy at mardi gras, two girls were about to get in a fight and he was trying to calm them down and break it up and a 4 cops show up and see him in between the girls and thinks that he is fighting with them and they take my friend throw him to the ground take out their clubs and jsut start wailing on him put cuffs on him put him in the car never read him his rights and his brother sees them walking him to the car and he goes up the cops and is like "what the fuck are you doing with my brother?" and a cop replies "you're gonna give us trouble too?" put cuffs on him put him in another car never reading him his rights and they both spend the night in jail, my friend had 2 black eyes and was bruised up for a week and half from the beating but they never sued which was very dumb on their part but its fucking bull shit what cops get away with...and i still say pigs...

...police aren't required to read you miranda rights until you are actually being arrested and charged...if you are taken into custody for questioning (happens all the time) they don't read you your rights...the normal recitation of miranda rights begins with 'you are being arrested and charged with (crime), you have the right to remain silent, you have...etc..."

...different states might be different on this, and require a similar statement of rights to be read to a suspect upon questioning, but i'm not aware of any...

...remember kids...being an asshole only leads to getting into deeper shit...

ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING ReTARDED?? how the fuck would giving attitude to the cops effect your case?? please explain me the logic... Yes i know it may hurt your relation ship with the cops but does that matter.. if you assaulted the cops, that would just be a case against you, but it would be ridicolous to ake away punishment from somebody if someone (in this case) gave attitude thats so soopid i dont undertand how you can think like that

Originally posted by skroeape

ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING ReTARDED?? how the fuck would giving attitude to the cops effect your case?? please explain me the logic... Yes i know it may hurt your relation ship with the cops but does that matter.. if you assaulted the cops, that would just be a case against you, but it would be ridicolous to ake away punishment from somebody if someone (in this case) gave attitude thats so soopid i dont undertand how you can think like that

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Look at it this way genius...by acting like a fucking fool you reinforce the notion in the cops minds that you were indeed up to something bad.

Naturally in court, who do you think the jury is more likely to believe?

A) The calm, collected individual

or

B) The little shit that mouthed off to the cops

I'd be more likely to be on the side of the person that was mature about it even if they were guilty of the crime. To the jury, you're just another shitbag teenager that probably WAS up to something no good. Your poor attitude towards the police doesn't exactly paint a picture of innocence even though you claim to be.

I cooperate with the police as far as not pissing them off and that means

no sass

smart ass remarks

swearing at them

trying to pull "Johnny knows the law according to NYPD BLUE" routine.

fidgeting

keeping your hands in your pockets or out of sight

Just shut up, tell them nothing, nod, address them as "sir" "officer" and never as "dude" "bro" "pig" etc.....

Act like an asshole, the more they're gonna think you did something or find a reason to bust you because guess what? The police have more power than you and to think for a moment they're gonna suffer some 15 year old's sass and disrespect is pure folly.

I sincerely hope you don't follow my advice because you're probably someone who deserves to be locked up. One less shitbag blowing up good spots.:D

im pretty good with tha law... and ill tell you strait, you have a good case against them, tha officer could be suspended if he didnt read you your Miranda rights... that is taken very serious, especially in texas! Freelance photography is not illegal, unless you were caught with some paint or markers or you had paint on your hands, they have no case.... cops will fuck with you if your takin flix, its happened to me plenty of times, but always keep in mind: its not illegal!

ARE YOU FUCKING RETAREDED?? wether your quiet or not, thats not to do with the facts.. im not saying be a dick in court, thats totally different cause thats wher your gonna be conviceted, .. its just you got angry at the unjustified actions of the police so naturally you are one of the i dont know lets say 50% of teenagers or young man who would natuarly get mad and react a little bit at the time for good reason.. jeez, thats all.. the judge is human if he/she is notifeid on your reaction he/shel understand.. and if you were doing somthehing illegal and are quiet without evendents.. same shit.. if you had good evedents against you or admited to it, thendost matter if you were a dick at the time of possible harrasment by police or not eba.,..

I'm 18, dick. I called this specific one an oinker for the sole purpose that he was a fat piece of shit.

I had no paint, markers, or anything for graffiti in my car or on my person. Thus he has no reason to harass me about graffiti.

I said "fuck" mainly because i was pissed off that i had jsut been arrested for a bullshit reason. the judge even knew that. anyone would be pissed off for getting arrested for photographing a peice of art. its like me getting arrested for taking pictures of a van gogh or monet painting. get off my fucking back.

i'm not some shit talking little 15 year old. I addressed the cop as sir. i showed respect to him and he threw me to the fucking ground. i never once called him an oinker or pig. i never once insulted him. and when i said, "you guys have nothing to fucking do, do you?" would maybe be the closest disrespect i caused them. fuck off.

i'll paint where i please. and i'll paint how i please.

and i'm on camera being bullied by a cop.

if you thought my attitude was harsh... then i'd love to see you get locked up for taking a fucking picture.

i got arrested my ass beat by a cop who wasnt in uniform not on duty as an undercover had the gun in his pocket took me in an alley beat my ass and on the hottest day in summer he put me in the narc car and turned the heat on......i wrote on the windows cant brethe (since there was so much moisture on them from the heat) another cop opened the door hit me and closed it

allll of this for being outside at 11 at night dressed in red..thats all he says i was gang banging and i resisted arest with violence and they found weed on me...and i still ended up in juvi for 3 months...you cant fight city hall!!!

Originally posted by porque

...get off your fuckin high horse dallas...people actually came in here and gave you advice and then you come back like that?...grow the fuck up...

nah, you people came in here and flamed him for his choice of words. What are you, the word police? Do we have to speak proper english so we can fit in with society? I think the fuck not! I've heard cops bullshit with eachother and they have a vulgar fucking mouth and attitude like a lot of other people. If you can't handle the language, move to fucking england and be the proper pricks you want to be!

Originally posted by Drunk Sober

nah, you people came in here and flamed him for his choice of words. What are you, the word police? Do we have to speak proper english so we can fit in with society? I think the fuck not! I've heard cops bullshit with eachother and they have a vulgar fucking mouth and attitude like a lot of other people. If you can't handle the language, move to fucking england and be the proper pricks you want to be!

exactly... dude sue them, at least try if you have some time. thats the only way we can make thing change. for the princip of it, you should sue.. i dont know how it is in your fucked up country but in canada they have to tell us what are we arrested for before they put the handcuffs on .. if they dont then you have a chance.

but just a question.. what were you doing taking pictures of graffiti at 12h in the night? dayshots would ve been better..no...?

...do i really need to spell this out for you?...

...the problem arises from your attitude, not necessarily your word choice...depending on your locality, how conservative it is, your actions could be precieved as probable cause for detention...which is what happened to you, you were detained by the police, not arrested (hence no miranda reading)...yes this is also bullshit, but more and more court rulings are going in the direction of the officer in situations like this...this is why i said it hurt your chances by being an asshole...

...and i'm not tryin to be the 'word police' (...whatever that's supposed to mean...) i'm trying to give advice to people that may actually benefit from it...if you don't want to listen to it, fine...go ahead and be a complete dick to every cop and judge you come across and see how far it takes you...i certainly won't lose any sleep over it...

even if you don't have a case, file a complaint! don't reward the officer regardless. even if this is dropped, it's still on his file as a dropped complaint. a couple more just like you and they'll have to put 2 and 2 together. if dude's an asshole chances are you can find some homo working in the property room who'll hook you up wiht alll the proper paperwork.

I"m saying this cause i regret not calling out this one dickhead cause i didn't live there at the time.

thanks in advance and clean up your house.