Phone Number From Burce Almighty

dplay

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the vast majority of times a phone number is mentioned on tv or in a movie fiction, the phone number starts with 555

i dunno is this god's number form bruce almighty or not

but entertainment seems to have 555 numbers designated to them

..ok, i googled it and found this:

God tries to reach Bruce Nolan, Carrey's character, by repeatedly leaving a phone number on his pager. But instead of the usual 555 prefix most television shows and films use in phone numbers, God's number is a common exchange — too common for Jenkins' liking. It's her cell phone number.

She's been getting about 20 calls per hour, with callers asking for God before hanging up.

......Jenkins isn't alone in her plight. The number on Carrey's character's pager also matches the one assigned to a South Carolina woman who declined to give her name, but said she's been "getting aggravated to death" by the incessant calling.

It also matches the number for a call center to a group of five Colorado talk-radio stations. Ron Nickel, senior vice president for the Radio Colorado Network, was worried what would happen Tuesday, the first regular office workday since the movie's release.

"My receptionist is going to go crazy," Nickel said.

....It's not the first time real telephone numbers have been given in a movie, although the 555 numbers are much more common. One of the first known instances was in the 1932 film "Helpmates:" Stan Laurel gave his real phone number.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/27/...ain555630.shtml

googled!

i hate how they always use the 555 numbers. especially in a more serious movie. it makes you lose any reality you mave have had from the film... it seems like they could set up a number for the movie.. promoting it or something like that. like for the bruce almighty..just have a number with a machine saying "hello, this is god, i am busy creating the next model of super humans. so do waht you do at the beep."

.beep.

Originally posted by nomadawhat@Jun 3 2005, 05:20 PM

i hate how they always use the 555 numbers. especially in a more serious movie. it makes you lose any reality you mave have had from the film... it seems like they could set up a number for the movie.. promoting it or something like that. like for the bruce almighty..just have a number with a machine saying "hello, this is god, i am busy creating the next model of super humans. so do waht you do at the beep."

.beep.

That's actually a really good idea. Lord knows they could afford it.

Originally posted by slave_one@Jun 3 2005, 03:43 PM

i wonder if someone actually has 867-5309 as their actual phone number...

...they do...i saw something on vh1 or mtv about it...there were a ton of people with it...one of them was a congressman or something important like that...