Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Phone Number From Burce Almighty

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dplay, Jun 2, 2005.

1. dplay

dplay Member

Dose any body know the phone number from The movie Bruce almighty, "Gods Phone Number"

2. wAndEreR

wAndEreR Member

1 (202) 456-1414 ;)

OK..NOW WUTZ IN IT FER ME??

3. InfamousOne

InfamousOne Member

its acually a church in georgias phone number....

4. dplay

dplay Member

First of all there was no area code, second of all it started with 776

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

6. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

CHANNEL ZERO for this thread!

7. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

wait, so theres no area code 555 in america?
    its just made up??

8. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

is this thread serious? like, for real...

9. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

the vast majority of times a phone number is mentioned on tv or in a movie fiction, the phone number starts with 555

i dunno is this god's number form bruce almighty or not
    but entertainment seems to have 555 numbers designated to them

..ok, i googled it and found this:

God tries to reach Bruce Nolan, Carrey's character, by repeatedly leaving a phone number on his pager. But instead of the usual 555 prefix most television shows and films use in phone numbers, God's number is a common exchange — too common for Jenkins' liking. It's her cell phone number.

She's been getting about 20 calls per hour, with callers asking for God before hanging up.

......Jenkins isn't alone in her plight. The number on Carrey's character's pager also matches the one assigned to a South Carolina woman who declined to give her name, but said she's been "getting aggravated to death" by the incessant calling.

It also matches the number for a call center to a group of five Colorado talk-radio stations. Ron Nickel, senior vice president for the Radio Colorado Network, was worried what would happen Tuesday, the first regular office workday since the movie's release.

"My receptionist is going to go crazy," Nickel said.

....It's not the first time real telephone numbers have been given in a movie, although the 555 numbers are much more common. One of the first known instances was in the 1932 film "Helpmates:" Stan Laurel gave his real phone number.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/27/...ain555630.shtml

googled!

10. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

i hate how they always use the 555 numbers. especially in a more serious movie. it makes you lose any reality you mave have had from the film... it seems like they could set up a number for the movie.. promoting it or something like that. like for the bruce almighty..just have a number with a machine saying "hello, this is god, i am busy creating the next model of super humans. so do waht you do at the beep."

.beep.

11. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

[​IMG]

Teresa:

She's the one on the right.

*Nope... don't care if it was real or not. Don't post numbers on the board please*

12. Hermdog

Hermdog Elite Member

13. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i wonder if someone actually has 867-5309 as their actual phone number...

14. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

why does that girl have a massive upper arm. wow.

15. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

I dunno.. call her and find out... that's not a fake number.