Philly Hands from 215 and NYC...

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by T.T Boy

definate philly hands..... never really liked em tho.

T.T.Boy, you should DEFINITELY consult the thread "spelling lessons with THE LAW" in Channel zero.

second to last is praez...him and sat did mad damage in the early 90's...

philly hands aren't for everyone..they're an aquired taste...

for people who never lived in philly..you wouldn't understand em...

i know i didn't before i moved there..i was like "what the fuck is this"...

but like..after meeting a bunch of old old heads and learning a little about the history of the city and the writers..you start to understand it and how the whole style shaped up..it's pretty sick..

once you can rock wickets too...it takes your taggin hand to a whole new level...

nice little selection...for those who arent feeling 'em, well, thats probably cause you started wrting 20 minutes ago. suckers.

as for the flix...a bunch of good ones, some i have in my collection. its funny that people are diggin the nope...its probably not one of his best tags even...the nope wicket that bravo has on www.nightcrawla.com is a much better indication of how ill nope is...hes mad underrated...and him, meak and dasar brought a lot of my generation up....respect due.

the rx is fat, so is the praez...the ename (obscured...says "ghetto celebrities") and rakan are bangin cause nobody in the WORLD does punchlines like we do in philly.....nobody. too fresh.

but the absolute come-up of that whole thread is the SRATER "STR" wicket in nyc...its funny...SRATER was up alot in west philly when i was really heavy into west philly writers like ECHO STEW PEEL and DANE....but SRAT never really got love. then, a while back, i was flipping through lifesuxdie (either 6 or 7), and theres a flik of a desa (MTA) fillin on a riot gate in nyc...and just to the left of the gate is a philly peace sign, and what looked like the end of a wicket...but its kind of cut off and obscured, so i couldnt tell who it was really....then, all of a sudden, here it is....thanks AST....it was killing me to know who it was. now i know, AND its fat thats its SRATER (STR)...a really underappreciated cat in my opinion. thanks for the gift, p....

its funny too, that its in nyc too...as this thread evidences, too many cats dont appreciate our hands...but whatever. i just think its fresh when you do come across a philly hand in some obscure locale....its like bumping into an old friend. this summer, i was in rome for a while, and after getting lost in some random alley, i found a store window that had an OMNE NP tag on the metal border....it was so funny. and it kinda sucked cause no one could really appreciate the freakish unliklihood of the whole thing but me...i was like trying to explain to these collegey chicken heads and their like "so , like, his tag-word is om-nee?" im like, fuhgetabout it.....i guess some shit is meant to be experienced on the dolo. oh well maybe some of yall will appreciate it. but the SRAT flik gave me the same kinda vibe, so thats my reason for ranting. peace yall. ast, i wish i had the time or motivation to scan so i could add to this...but im scannerless and motivation-less these days. thanks for the treat.

cee.neezy.nsf.iao

Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL has an announcement. LISTEN PUNY INFIDELS.

WE dont know how anyone can not appreciate the time, work, and genius that has gone into philly hands. this didt happen like ten years ago.. this has been going on since the sixties.

its one of the only unadulturated aspects of graffiti today. a toy cant just look at philly tags on the net and "get it" the same way they pick up piecing style. you actually have to re work your whole entire wrist and arm movement to even begin to start to do them and to be honest, if your not indigenous to the area i would try and front if i were you. yeah.. i have my little philly prints that i try. on paper behind closed oors. i show them to a freind he is all...wow you should do those....

not a chance in hell. i'd be fronting. in the worst way. WE give people horrendous amounts of shit for lifting BOSTON styles and just taking the whole shit without really understanding it.

see the problem is, people think.. "oh, if its out there already its ok to do..."

wrong. its not. its cool to take some influence form a style to create your own. thats awesome. as long as you give 100% respect to where you got it and dont front like you were all the idiot savanat and came up with the PHILLY end arrow all by your little self.

PHILLY hands are THE diamond in the ruff as far as im concerned. its a cool kids club. for reals. if you cant hang thats it. and trust me. you cant hang.

theres about four bajillion versions of the philly print for all diffrent occasions and they are ALL fresh.

you dont really have to like them i guess, but you had better respect them.

thank you astism, and mr. nise for the commentary. learn kids. its what this is here for. learn and dont be afraid to be humbled. WE have been trying to do philly styles for a good ten years and WE are still wak as hell.

It is definitely true that only philly kids can rock philly tags, the right way. That is why i have to big up Niser & Ast for holding it down.

Also, while i am here I would like to big up that praez tag------Sickening.Nauseating.vile.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

you think philly hands are bangin?

you think philly hands are tough?

you aint seen shit until you seen JUNE ktsvga etc flex japanese characters in philly print and wicket stylee...

jesus christ forget it. just fuckin forget it...

RAKAN and RARA are my alltime faves

CAEM comes off everytime

KING OF HELL hit the nail on the head...

very nice, very needed post AST. nothin but the buttahs...

Guest THE LAW

THE LAW cannot hang...

but he can cheer fools on from the sidelines.

to THE LAW's untrained, uneducated eye, JUNE KTSVGACTA is the only philly transplant that's been successful in really making philly styles work for him...

he's just seems to have the right flow. what's the local viewpoint on this?

Thanks AST...THE LAW has been devouring that site lately.

Im assuming that for those cats that dont like these prints. That they either cant read them or cant seem to figure out how to make all those lines connect.

anyway

that RAZZ accepted here..shows his genious he used the store advertisement for his punch line. his shit is timeless.

ofcourse that Rooftop eXperience is always eyecandy.

and on that last flick with kad. I used to see that RAPE or RAPE ME tag all over south and west philly in the early 90s.

I SAID GOD DAMN THE BUFF IS ON IN WP.

*we bust wickets like drunk fratboys bust leaks*

I agree with you king of hell. i do slack when it comes to typing. i do however, have quite good grammar when speaking and writing important things such as school work. maybe ill browse your thread about spelling.

i do realize the importance of philly hands. and have looked at alot of them, but dont really feel them. maybe i just dont know the history. would someone like to explain the significance of these tags and their history? im not very clear on it.

Archived