phase 2

kodak

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude Phase 2 is the person that basicly invented the shit you do now so I would think that anyone that is in the graff game knows Phase 2. Your right though I never have found a site with any flix of him.

dude like whats your problem bro like everyone knows who phase 2 is even me im white and go to art school and dont like hiphop but still write graff and do drugs then show of how i do drugs to make myself feel cool and like all the other white art fags who write graff know who he is too.......what do you listen to that rap stuff or are you just black......just kidding. check this out. http://www.rawvision.com/back/phase2/phase2.html hey man what the hell phase 2 is black god he probrobly likes hiphop god like word yo bling bling..... he he he .... i said bling bling

Originally posted by cypha

Dude Phase 2 is the person that basicly invented the shit you do now so I would think that anyone that is in the graff game knows Phase 2. Your right though I never have found a site with any flix of him.

phase 2, while definitely a very important part of graff history, did not 'invent' graffiti, nor was he integral to its invention. he certainly took it places no one else did, but he didnt 'invent' it.

having said that, www.google.com>image search>phase 2

by all accounts ive ever heard, taki 183 was a nobody that got lucky.

there are more writers that would NOT consider themselfs 'hip hop', than those who would say they were. every kid with a mos def record likes to think they're representing 'elements' but claiming your down and actually putting in work are far different things.

seeking/explaining it to 'em like they were six

ya today maybe there are more that would consider themselfs not hiphop but there are still a whole bunch that do. graff is associated with hiphop more than anything else and thats the way it should be. if it removes it self from hiphop its just more art. so fuc that. itll be just like all that other art student work itll fall into the art wasteland of monotony. a bboy character the art fags in here will say is played out but compared to all the millions of people that do stuff like they do its brand new. in my classes if i ever do something with a classic hiphop style its like shit people have never seen before and they all get quiet and just observe.

you really have absolutely no idea what the face of graffiti looks like. maybe in your small circle, graffiti is all rap and blunts, but after traveling to damn near every state in the country, meeting hundreds of writers, i can assure you, the majority of people who are actually out there putting in serious work, could give two shits about representing any 'elements'. but feel free to carry on as you have been, lord knows i dont want to upset your perfect little vision of beauty.

"just a nobody that got lucky?....in all reality arn't most of us "nobodys" that put our name on walls or trains with paint, markers, stickers, or anything else we can find?..that to me is a nobody..don't get me wrong i love graff but you kinda got to face that outside of graff we are "nobodys"..not trying to talk shit just an opinion..im one of the writers that wants NO association with hip-hop

Originally posted by rhettdec

ya today maybe there are more that would consider themselfs not hiphop but there are still a whole bunch that do.

Just a question, how many serious writers do you know? How many have you even spoken to? How many have you seen from down the block through a pair of binoculars?

to the outside world we are nobodys, but in the world of writing, there are those that make an impact, those that dont. by all acounts ive ever read/heard, taki was just your average writer who got an article written about him simply because he lived in the neighborhood where the journalist did. so, outside of getting 'lucky' he really made no substantial addition to graff.

and the idea of elements doesnt make me mad. i fully realize that graff is an integral part of hip hop, but what you have to understand, is that hip hop is not an integral part of graff. as long as there has been graffiti, there have been punk rock kids who were writing. yes, this dates back to the beginings. the only reason graff isnt associated with punk/hardcore more, is because those people felt no reason to try and 'market' this idea of an all inclusing artform, to legitamize themselfs. 'hip hop' is so concerned with labels and authenticity, that it needs to constantly be re-evaluating what it 'is,' and shoving that idea down your throat.

so again, no, im not mad about the 'elements' im annoyed by those people such as yourself, that fail to look at the world outside your safe little bio-dome of existence, yet insist on telling me what the world looks like.

seeking/game, set, match.

people feel the need to say what hiphop is all the time because there are so many different people envolved in it with different ideas of what it is.

and your biodome idea you dont know me or what i do so dont try to elvaluate me.

game set match do your internet battles make you feel better about yourself?

oh and ya all the writers ive ever meet are hiphop kids. sorry.

Fucking smart ass, anywho I brought this up earlier and everyone kept quite about phase 2. Just quit the fighting about hip hop now though cause it never really goes anywhere except circles. Hiphop is what you make of it and what you believe it is. Graffiti on the other hand is only slightly related to hip hop so please just quit the bitching and theorizing. Does anyone have any old scripts or freestyles from phase 2 copied down or anything. Anywhere I could find anything like that?? Hit me up GringoPOR@yahoo.com

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by seeking innocence

taki 183 was a nobody that got lucky.

It seems like everyone who got aboveground fame from the early days was lucky or set up.

I'm sure that the books (you know the ones) included some writers

and excluded others based soley on art world politics.

I read an interview with an almost unknown writer (to the art world),

who claimed that if you wern't on Henry's dick, you got no recognition.

Fame in general is a bizarre creature. It's usualy 1 part talent to 100 parts luck and timing.

----as for the elements...

The hiphop scene needs what we do to retain a connection to the roots.

We have very little connection to it other than the music we may listen to.

well see every time i go out to paint im going out to represent hiphop. expressing that state of mind through graff. i dont think this is graff and this is hiphop its the same thing. the people that introduced me to graff were hiphop kids and we all looked at graff as part of hiphop not the other way around. maybe its different for others but for me hiphop equals graff and graff equals hiphop. and i hope your not refering to me as the smart ass i didnt turn this into a debate compoition. you can look elsewhere for that. if your refering to my first post im just talking shit about nonhiphop kids as they talk shit about me.

Guest --zeSto--

"im just talking shit about nonhiphop kids as they talk shit about me."

well then this is obviously a personal argument for you.

when I go out to paint, I represent myself and my talents, not the collective (un)consciousness of a million people who read The Source.

you answered this whole thing yourself; all the kids YOU KNOW in graff, are hip hop kids. the difference between our sides, is that i have experience with hundreds of writers from all walks of life, from all corners of the country, and all backgrounds. can you say the same?

im not trying to tell you that graffiti is not an important part of hip hop, it is indeed. simply that if hip hop had never existed, graffiti would have regardless. graffiti pre-dates the first incling of 'hip hop' by a good ten years. graffiti is an 'urban' art, and in any large urban metropolis, there are a wide range of people. ever been to new york? there are just as many rock kids writing, as hip hop kids, and thats the way its always been.

lastly, im not trying to argue with you, im trying to show you the larger picture, thats all.

zesto, i wasnt talking about 'that' book, but yeah, ive heard the same thing. t

every time some rock dude talks shit in here about hiphop i think of it as them talking shit about me. and every other hiphop enthusist on here should do the same. ya i know there are nonhiphop writers i know the picture. and stop going all the writers ive meet all around the country you sound like your trying to run for graff class president.

every time i represent hiphop im representing myself. thats what hiphop is a language to express yourself pasta. and if your like me you think of that langauge as breaking, graff, mcin and djin. inner city activities that africabambata noticed the youth were doing and called it hiphop.

at first i didnt care too much that art fags were writting graff, though i thought it was very controdicting as all the art fags i had contact with up until i came to art school did nothin but talk shit about graff. so i was like oh first there gonna talk shit about it and now there tryin to be all into it ok. but with the numerous stabs at hiphop they take on this site im starting to get aggravated and am starting to have CAP thoughts, and fuc the throwups im thinkin boom boom boom.

wait... you're not calling Seeking "Mr. Big name hip hop dj" a "rock dude" are you?

Why do think all the titles of his rock related threads start with "I thought XXXXX sucked, but check it out!"

you're on crack Rhett

Archived