Petition to Delete from English Lang.:

as in General Franks yesterday with Bush: "John Kerry denigrates troops by criticizing Bush"

or Bush last week: "Kerry continues to denigrate the efforts of our troops"

you can make the jump here folks. do we really beleive these fools have IQ's large enough to call upon big words such as this, or is something deeper at work. yeah that's right i called them racist.

seriously who here beleives the word is racist, or is it just another word. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but i could be biased :( .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

den·i·grate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dn-grt)

tr.v. den·i·grat·ed, den·i·grat·ing, den·i·grates

To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.

To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Latin dnigrre, dnigrt-, to blacken, defame : d-, de- + niger, nigr-, black; see nekw-t- in Indo-European Roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deni·gration n.

deni·grator n.

Now, I assume your refering to "black" being part of the word. I don't know if this word developed from a racial slur, but I doubt it....

edit, found this -

Etymology: 16c: from Latin denigrare, denigratum to blacken.

blacken also means 'tarnish'.

this is hardly a racist term.

am i being 'racist' when i call bush a fucking monkey?

am i being racist when i laugh at hesh for refering to his asian girlfriend as 'munkee'?

am i being racist when i put on a sheet and lynch 'coons'?

just checking.

niggardly 1. unwilling to give spend or share. 2. scanty, meager.

hence this word could be used to descirbe a meager job which pays poorly or a job that only servants would perform....sorry I didn't use the adjective niggardly and misused niggard...it's not a word i frequently use...but thanks for the linguistics lesson...and since when are you the judge on what words can be considered racist?

yo, guys, it ain't the word that bothers me, it's the fact that these guys use this word. that some 740 sat verbal word, not a word georgie boy, a c/legacy student can comprehend. his use of it, and tommy franks the same week, is racist, not the word itself, discuss. . .

Yet when Kerry's bombshell findings were released in 1989, they were greeted by the mainstream press with disdain and disinterest. The New York Times, which had long denigrated the Contra-drug allegations, buried the story of Kerry's report on its inside pages, as did the Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times.

fromthe kerry contra connection

one word that gets me..... DECIMATE

The romans would line up their captured enemies

and behead 1 in every 10 people (hence 'deci' for the metric heads)

I see this term used all the time to describe everything

from crops being destroyed to sports analogies.

Please get it right..... 1 in 10 !!!!!

Originally posted by hobo knife@Oct 29 2004, 03:18 PM

niggardly 1. unwilling to give spend or share. 2. scanty, meager.

hence this word could be used to descirbe a meager job which pays poorly or a job that only servants would perform....sorry I didn't use the adjective niggardly and misused niggard...it's not a word i frequently use...but thanks for the linguistics lesson...and since when are you the judge on what words can be considered racist?

if someone said 'thats a niggard job', the word 'niggard' would be in reference to 'nigger', not to niggardly. no one that actually understands the meaning of the word 'niggardly' would ever use it in that context (if at all), since the likelyhood of being misunderstood is so great (see the us senator who used it for an example).

and i am not the judge of what is and is not racist, i am the messenger passing along the fact, as established by websters dictionary, that niggardly does not stem from or have anything to do with the word 'nigger' or any other racist phrase.

seeks/dont blame me homie.