PETITION FOR A MAJOR CLEANUP OF 12OZ

casekonly

as we move forward in the progression of 12oz as a community, there has been a decline in subject matter that i feel must be removed from the board all together.

i notice more and more people are getting sick of the b/s threads that are random ramblings of idiots. why not just have one thread for the nonsense (hint) and maybe new, valid threads will sprout up?

it's not too much to ask for 12oz to be shut down for a day and cleaned up...massive overhaul type ish.

we need more relevant info all throughout the board. less of the "how do i" and more threads aimed at specific causes. i.e.-graphic design, music, news, etc.

it would be of great benefit to all of us, in my humble opinion, if we could come on here, spot the exact thread, and go to it, instead of a billion new threads dealing with the same issues.

sincerely yours,

casek.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno, i'm just tired of seeing the same old ish in here day after day.

it's all fun and games, but valuable server space is probably being lost to

crap posts. i admit, i've made some crap threads in my day, but it gets old.

hell, this may be a crap thread that's wasting space. i dunno.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by casekonly

you're just mad because nestle's quik isn't made in strawberry anymore

Aw hell yeah it is son, we buy a bigass can of that every month. I'm serious.

Hmm... yeah I've been seeing alot of double threads and crap threads lately. I mean I can get down with some nonsense but some of this shit is just stupid. What gives people? I would like some more focused discussion as well. It's like the ball gets rolling for a while and then rolls off a cliff somewhere down the line.

maybe I am taking this a little too seriously but I'm a pretty serious person. I enjoy serious, logical discussion. I know from past experience there is alot of potential for that here but I think people come on the board and see whats happening and just go away...

Originally posted by High Priest

You ever stop to think maybe you take this website a little too seriously?

not really...i mean, i don't take the site as seriously as you might think, but i'm tired of seeing threads posted by new jacks that are basically the same thread i saw three months prior...

the "search" feature is there for a reason, right? if it doesn't pull up anything on a subject, make a thread...but, damn....

look in the other sections...there are threads in paper chase w/o flics, there are totally irrelevant threads in channel 0, tons and tons of crap threads that need to die already.

my point is, it's happening, but not fast enough.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Nope.

Mish-mash forever, as inconvenient as it may be.

sorry casek, I'm siding with el mammero on this one. partly because he also parties with such hot chicks.

Originally posted by casekonly

i dunno, i'm just tired of seeing the same old ish in here day after day.

so make a good thread!

if i had some great idea for an interesting serious topic i'd make a thread about it. but i don't.

and to be honest, i totally disagree. there are always serious political discussions going on that i love to read but don't even bother to comment in because i don't think i have anything relevant to say.

i think there's a great mix of shit here. and i think the somewhat overlapping messiness of it is great. when you're looking for stupid shit, you just might learn something serious. and when you're looking for something serious, someone might just crack you up.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Iquit, as always, on point.

I was once part of a board that kicked nearly as much as this one (bboy.com) during high school. There was a ton of bullshit, and there were gems, just like this place. The place thrived.

Then eventually changes came, with new mods and a more serious attitude, and the place completely deflated. 90% of the posts were serious stuff, be it philosophy, science, politics, love life, etc. The spirit died almost entirely. What was once the most important bboy site on the internet is now barely a blip on the radar, with months going by before a new thread gets posted.

Bullshit, crap, idiocy, and worthless posts bring life, just as flaws make peoples' personalities unique. It's sad but true.

really though.... mods need to do some serious warnings.

I think that flooding should be a warnable offence.

like seeks and smart used to say.... slow the roll

Cycles, cycles, cycles. About two years ago, the board was shit. About a year ago, the board was shit. But the truth is, it hasn't really changed. The good threads stay up top, the bad ones get ridiculed and eventually float away in insignificance. Concentrate on replying to the good threads, thus prolonging their existences. Ignore the worthless shit, and it magically goes away.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

Thats what channel zero is about, jsut random threads to have fun in, and there are serious threads as well.

Yep. What he said. Muhfuckas takin this board too seriously. Who cares about the random comments or threads you may deem "meaningless". There's serious debates and random ramblings. No big deal.

Archived