Pete Rose’s Admission

Weapon X

I saw a small clip on TSN showing Pete Rose saying that he did bet on baseball, including his own Reds. He still says, however, that he never bet against his team (big woop). The actual interview is on Thursday on ABC Primetime.

So do you think he will finally be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know what you mean. I was admiring and sticking by a gambling liar for much of my childhood! Even if you’re lying, you should stick to your guns, right? I guess he realized he’s not immortal, so he wants a plaque dedicated to him in Cooperstown.

if he doesn't get in within the next couple years ( sometime in 2005 I think) he won't be eligible to be voted in by the journalists... after that he'll have to be voted in by veteran players, and a number of them don't want him in...

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I think he'll get in finally. After all...betting on a few games isn't anything compared to some of the players in the National Felons League.

He's done his time...

fucking moron... betting on your own sport undermines the integrity of the entire game. Victimizing everyone even remotely connected to the league...

Smoking a bunch of crack or beating up your wife/hooker/transexual is your own fucking problem.

I hope he will. He seems like a good guy except for denying his betting all these years. He shouldve just come right out when it was first discovered and admitted it. Not to mention hes the all time hits leader in the history of baseball....and it's by a pretty big margin ,if im not mistaken , to second place. edit-*ty cobb is in second

but he did bet on more than a few games. he was betting from 85 to 87 and in period from april 8 to july 5th, he placed 412 bets. he says he never bet on the reds to lose games, only to win them.

I still think he belongs in there though.

I'm a moron or Rose is?

I don't know...I'm not a big fan of baseball...so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I think if he earned the honor by playing the game he deserves to be in. A few years back there were a bunch of drug busts on NFL players selling and or trafficking drugs...that was the first time I heard that acronym. Not that any of those guys are going into the pro football HOF...eh...whatever. I'm sure Rose isn't the only one.

Leon Lett had a good excuse to break the law – after that stupid Thanksgiving debacle against Miami, that is.

Yes, betting on one’s own sport is a HUGE no-no. Especially if one is a coach.

I hadn’t realized that the press needs to vote him in so soon. It’s too bad so many players don’t want him in there, but I do see their point. I can see how a lot of the league hates him, as he is the only coach I can remember who pushed around umpires (literally). Maybe Sparky Anderson back in the day…

Originally posted by Smart

if he doesn't get in within the next couple years ( sometime in 2005 I think) he won't be eligible to be voted in by the journalists... after that he'll have to be voted in by veteran players, and a number of them don't want him in...

back in a time when respect, loyalty, and integrity were a big part of who you were and how you treated your fellow players, the league and the fans.

he's had his request for reinstatement in since '98 and apparently he fessed up in Bud Seligs office back in '02.

i'd like to see him back in baseball but i'm still undecided about the HOF.

Archived