PETA Launching Boycott of KFC

6souls

NORFOLK, Va. - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said Monday it is launching a boycott against KFC because of alleged animal-rights abuses by the chain of fried-chicken restaurants.

The Norfolk-based animal rights group said it has tried for nearly two years to persuade KFC's parent company, Yum Brands Inc. of Louisville, Ky., to change the way it raises and slaughters chickens.

PETA said that because those negotiations failed, it will launch a campaign to put public pressure on the company.

Yum denied PETA's allegations.

"We require all of our suppliers to follow welfare guidelines, developed by us with leading experts on our animal welfare advisory council," the company said. "Our suppliers are receiving unannounced audits at their poultry facilities throughout the year. Failure to comply with our strict guidelines would result in termination of our supplier agreement, if remedial action is not taken."

PETA said it wants an end to "crude and ineffective electric stunning and throat-slitting" of chickens, and called for improvements in the conditions under which the chickens are raised. The organization said the birds should be allowed more space.

Yum, which was created in 1997 as a spinoff of food businesses formerly owned by PepsiCo, also owns the Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Long John Silver restaurant chains.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030106/capt.1041882911.va_peta_kfc_wxs601.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest socrates

They fuckin selll fried chicken...how are they not already boycotted.peta is dumb.....................veggies are dumb...they selll meat don't they already hate them?............

Guest 87centHitMan

Debeaking? why the hell would they need to take the beak off when they probabaly should just cut the head off and get it over with? OK...

Guest batsnake

those kfc chickens dont even have beaks. i saw this channel13 type show on kfc etc chicken raising and they fucked with these chicken so that they had no feathers and like 10 legs. seriously this shit was wrong.

for all the post modern, pseudo-cynics, fronting like they have "real" view on life - while anyone who dares to even *think* perhaps this might be cruel is a hippy SHUT UP AND CONSUME SHUT UP AND CONSUME. there's a HUGE difference between humanely killing and eating meat and this:

http://www.kfccruelty.com/images/h6.jpg'>

http://www.kfccruelty.com/images/h1.jpg'>

http://www.kfccruelty.com/images/h8.jpg'>

don't pretend like you aren't disgusted

from that website...

Chickens are inquisitive and interesting animals and are thought to be at least as intelligent as dogs or cats. When in natural surroundings, not on factory farms, they form friendships and social hierarchies, recognize one another, love their young, and enjoy a full life, dust bathing, making nests, roosting in trees, and more.

this chicken lived for 18 months with NO HEAD! apparently unaware that it had no head, it still continued to try and crow and preen it's feathers with it's stumpy neck.

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/images/mikehead.jpg'>

---> KKKFC

old mate with the white beard was a GRAND DRAGON in the kkk, alot of kfc profits went directly to the KKK..

if you wernt allready boycotting his fat racist ass , then you should now...

damm while your at it lets take out Mcdonalds and all those other ruthless fast food chains too....

www.mclibel.com

l think thats the website..check it out..

Guest KING OF HELL

as missguided as PETA is sometimes, ill say this: at least they are doing something. what the fuck are you doing besides justifying your cravings and acting ignorant to the facts presented before you?...

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

as missguided as PETA is sometimes, ill say this: at least they are doing something. what the fuck are you doing besides justifying your cravings and acting ignorant to the facts presented before you?...

wuuurd to god hell ruler.

Man, i eat at macdonals, KFC e.t.c. on occasion. Its good stuff. I would of really cared about a couple months ago becuase i was brainwashed by all the leftist shit. Now Im a bastard and for some fucked up reason I dont really care. Give me a few days for my leftists veiws to kick in and i will care for a bit. Then my scattered brain will take another path.

Have a nice day.

Guest socrates

Don't front on McDonalds *chicken* nuggets.....we all know there is absolutely no chicken in that...........don't even try and front on that shit.......I bet I could still be a vegetarian and eat that shit.....

Guest KING OF HELL

thats one of the big problems with this country..the world really. we all care when its convenient to care.

we can revolt today, but i need to be able to go grab a pizza with my girl and play video games till my eyes bleed tomorrow. is that ok?..

im not any fucking different, and it fucking kills me. we have been suckered into relying on every little fucking time saving, customised for you, convenient krutch that we can possibly spend money on, and it turns us into lazy sacks of shit who are actualy fucking walking around acting proud of being lazy sacks of shit like its a fucking quality. and we make fun of anyone who says anything that would remotely point out that fact.

man fuck everyone.

i wish someone would bomb this place.. i wish there were another great depression to thin out the useless heards of skin sacks walking around like the fucking sun revolves around them....

die.

sorry. im old and angry. ask around.

i dont like corporations, but i could give a fuck less about chickens. do you like people or chickens better ? i dont even like people, so chickens are pretty far down on the list. i dont think anyone should single out kfc, because most corporations do shit just as bad and worse.

p.s they de-beak them to keep them from pecking themselves

As for KFC, there shit is gross and they did start out racist. As for PETA, it was started by a middle aged white woman who ironically hates animals. I've met her,she is striaght crazy. Them motherfuckers are right in my back yard. It's a bit annoying. Animal :"welfare" is one thing, and a good thing too. Animal"rights" don't exist 'cause they can't write them down. Plus animal "rights" usually co-exists with Christianity and not a one of them dumbass sheep are christian.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Bodice, having witnessed and even participated in a few goat and pig slaughters, i can honestly say that I'm not disgusted. Dead animals look like that, and blood and guts is just a fact of death and cleaning out. The one that I feel bad about is the first one, that one's rough cause the little bugger is alive. But the other one looks like the discard bucket, and the bottom one is just dead chickens, no cruelty involved.

I am very much aware that industries such as KFC probably mistreat their animals to some degree for the sake of cutting costs. However I am also aware that it is simply naive to expect these chickens to live in fully furnished homes with little fluffy pads and name tags, killed by lethal injection, and have funeral services individually arranged before cleaning the bodies out with tweezers and scalpels. The mass processing of food involves the treatment of animals as a mass, which necessarily decreases the individual quality of life of each of them. And you can rest assured that when PETA and similar animal right groups infiltrate such a factory, they will only document the absolute worst examples of filth they find, but leave the average-and-above out because it doesn't help prove their point.

The truth of the situation is probably halfway between what the companies state their animal living conditions are, and what PETA claims them to be. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived