By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

  1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

    If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

    Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Perspectivising Angle Pictures

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by skirmfirm, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. skirmfirm

    skirmfirm Elite Member

    Joined: Dec 19, 2005 Messages: 2,812 Likes Received: 12
    There was a thread AGGGEs ago, about how to make an angled photo flat, using photoshop, if anyone wants to give a quick demo, id really apreciate it.

    And i would have used search, but i didnt know what to actually search for.
  2. wiseguy

    wiseguy Elite Member

    Joined: Mar 1, 2002 Messages: 2,543 Likes Received: 1
    is perspectivising a word?
  3. !@#$%

    [email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

    Joined: Oct 1, 2002 Messages: 18,517 Likes Received: 622
    you might wanna try this in untitled.

    and no, not a word.
  4. BoB Hope ONER

    BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

    Joined: Jun 23, 2000 Messages: 3,162 Likes Received: 0
    i could explain it to you probably if i knew what you meant.

    BURLAP Member

    Joined: Jul 29, 2004 Messages: 307 Likes Received: 0
    do you mean taking a few shots to make a panaroma and then putting them together seamlessly?
  6. FunTimePartyTeam

    FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

    Joined: Apr 19, 2005 Messages: 2,029 Likes Received: 0
    Ok what you want to do... (in Photoshop)

    You can use the angular lasso tool, and select the angled part you want to be square to the viewer. Once selected, go to edit, free transform (control T). This will give you a new set of lines around your selection. What you do with this is, select the black arrow tool, hold down the ctrl key (apple key for mac) and the arrow will turn grey and itll loose its tail. Then grab (while holding down) the corners and drag them into a rectangle shape that you want your image to be (perportions that is). Then hit enter once your happy.

    Thats it.
  7. I guess your post isnt really informative so each one of us has its own understanding of the problem.

    In any way, if you mean that you shot pictures with lets say a 20mm lens and you wanna get rid of the 'fisheye' effect, i cant tell you how.
  8. midas_ups

    midas_ups Junior Member

    Joined: Jul 3, 2005 Messages: 211 Likes Received: 0
    no, if you take a picture of a train or wall at an angle, theres something you can do to it to bring the other side in so it looks like your took it straight on, ill try wat that guy said up there, cheers.
  9. midas_ups

    midas_ups Junior Member

    Joined: Jul 3, 2005 Messages: 211 Likes Received: 0
    cheers, got the basic drift of it.
  10. Dude, first you type the most cryptic description of a problem ever, then you reply with a different name..DAMN YOU'RE CONFUSING, haha
  11. SteveAustin

    SteveAustin Veteran Member

    Joined: Mar 12, 2002 Messages: 7,042 Likes Received: 2
    distort...perspective...something along those lines under the edit menu...whatever works.
  12. thecarwreck

    thecarwreck Senior Member

    Joined: May 14, 2003 Messages: 1,006 Likes Received: 67
    The distort technique is OK, but it can force some pretty rough anti-aliasing if your image isn't of high enough quality. There is another way that skirts this problem.

    On later versions of PS, say 7 and the CS pair, you can use the crop tool to force perspective as well. See below:


    1. Click the CROP tool and use it to select your whole image.

    2. Make sure the Perspective box is checked (only available in later versions).

    3. Click and drag one (or more) corner to that the selection line is parallel to the line(s) you want to be straight.

    Hit return.

    Photoshop pulls the image into forced perspective and maintains the quality. Sure, you'll lose a little of your image from the crop, but that would get cut anyway if you want the thing to look respectable.

    Keep in mind, this is all Mac... PC may be different. But if you're on a PC trying to work with Photoshop, you deserve all the headaches.
  13. skirmfirm

    skirmfirm Elite Member

    Joined: Dec 19, 2005 Messages: 2,812 Likes Received: 12

    haha sorry i was on a mates pc and he was auto-signed in