Personal Safety

Ape Shit

I was inspired to start this thread after riding my bike tonight and having a group of kids try to jump me for it. I didn't have my blade or mace on me so I basically had to swing off the one kid who was grabbing me and then I was able to take off. This was at 6 in the evening on a busy street too.

I'm wondering what kinds of things you guys carry around with you for your saftey, ie. mace, knives, batons (which i'm looking into buying)...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago..they didnt try anything but i was riding a brand new bike to the layup i just payed 40 bucks for,and it didnt help that the bike was freshly painted red and these two kids happened to be bloods..they just said,hey could you hop off that bike for me real quick,lemme test it out,and i just looked at both of them with a evil eye and said "naw dog" and they just said,fine then we dont want yo busted ass bike anyways bitch ass nigga,i rode away and laughed..ignorance is a bitch,i felt like a idiot just being in the whole thing,im glad im a logical person..i dont carry my pistol on me because of situations like that,i would end up shooting someone that says something wrong,you dont need weapons,just keep a positive attitude and try not to say the wrong answer when they ask you something...

Originally posted by Ape Shit@Mar 22 2005, 07:31 PM

yo, i meant a retractable baton, like these:

W289-290.jpg

They're around 20 bucks.

It's more convenient than a baseball bat, and i'd carry it with me when i'm on my bike. I got a pretty expensive bmx bike and i'm not gonna give it up easily.

I dont know about any of you guys local laws but where i live those telescopic batons are a felony, compared to carrying a loaded 9millimeter which is only a misdemeanor.

Originally posted by CACashRefund+Mar 23 2005, 03:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Mar 23 2005, 03:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ape Shit@Mar 22 2005, 07:31 PM

yo, i meant a retractable baton, like these:

W289-290.jpg

They're around 20 bucks.

It's more convenient than a baseball bat, and i'd carry it with me when i'm on my bike. I got a pretty expensive bmx bike and i'm not gonna give it up easily.

I dont know about any of you guys local laws but where i live those telescopic batons are a felony, compared to carrying a loaded 9millimeter which is only a misdemeanor.

[/b]

my friend actuall got arrested for having one of these in his trunk.

that situation was real fucked up. he called me from the police on speaker

phone, and i thought he was crank calling me... lol

he got a felony charge... not a smart idea to buy that shit.. its considered

a deadly weapon which you need proper training to have one. hence a

permit. just use your fists if needed...

If I could carry any weapon with impunity, and not worry about the law, I'd roll with either this....

cappy2.JPG

or this....

Sawed.jpg

I'm a sucker for depression era gangster weaponry.

In real life, I just carry mace and sometimes a boxcutter. I entertain the thought here and there of getting a handgun permit, but I keep deciding it's more trouble than it's worth. A can of spray paint works pretty well at close range. It just takes a little paint in the eye for it to sting. It hurts pretty bad when you whack someone in the temple with a can, too.