Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

perscription medication limitations

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8lover, Jan 4, 2002.

1. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

ive been put on a drug that, as i was told and have done a lot of research that says i shouldnt drink alcohol or smoke marijuana while on. i feel really bad at the moment because as funny as that sounds, both play a role in my social life and im kind of confused as to what i am going to do from now on...its really kind of bothering me that i will have to change my lifestyle so much to not be able to do these things...

one one side of the coin ill be able to drop these vices and be a clean and sober person, but on the other side i know of how fun these can be...

anyone ever been in the same situation? what did you do about it? i dont want to sound like some drugged out dick who says "i dont give a fuck about getting better, just want to keep on drinkin," its just hard to think about how something like this can change a lot of what i do.

2. Some sort of antibiotics huh?
    I guess you wont have to take those for more than 2 top 3 weeks,however i dont know.
    The marijuana part seems weird to me, as far as i know it doesnt affect any medical treatment, anyway, i dont know the case so i'll shut up now...

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

it's ok, the contaceptive pill aint that necessary, just use condoms. then you can keep your habits

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

it really depends on what the drug is. im sure you dont want to blurt it out on the boards, but there are alot of drugs that despite their warnings, are pretty harmless with occasional alcohol/marijuana use.
    as a person who has been in your position many, many times with many many different drugs, i know that its not really easy, but its also not as hard as you think. if you wanna email me and let me know what it is your taking, i can let you know if i have any first hand experience with it... id almot be surprised if i didnt...

5. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

yeah thanks seeking ill drop you a line...as much as i love this board and the advice people give i wouldnt like to delve too deep into my personal life so people like mr abc can act like a retard.

6. beardo

beardo Guest

do i have you confused with someone else? i thought you were sxe. fr8somebody is sxe. no matter. i think as long as youre not getting totally hammered you'll be alright.

7. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

beardo why don'y you aim a nigga no more huh?

screw it give them both up you'll see your just as fun with out them...oh wait it's friday and I'm at home doing nothing.........

8. beardo

beardo Guest

i havent been around computers for a couple weeks. i tried to email you my aim name but you have email turned off. hit me up nooka.

9. Iris

Iris Banned

i quit smoking partially because of my birth control. i hear having a stroke sucks....

10. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

You are right up my alley.

I'm in your current situation, and because I'm just well. shall we say, young and dumb, I've chose to ditch the medication and drink. I don't smoke anymore, so that isn't really an issue for me.

It really does depend on what you are on.

Check out my good friend Mr. PDR

Physicians Desk Reference. Fatter than the bible, packed with info.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ms. lunatic (thats funny)
    if you would like to discuss your experiences as per our conversation earlier, without divulging the exact names in question, im sure there are some that could find it usefull. not to mention that it would save me from having to just repeat it and email it myself)

"cheers"

12. seven.13

Right, well..

With this particular drug called *

* plus a moderate amount of alcohol

Disoriented, Feverish/chilly, exacerbated my drunkeness
    I felt very light headed for 2 days, 'out of it' and didn't want to leave my house.
    Sedated, had trouble thinking and focousing for the 2 days as well.

Now this may just have been in my case, I already have considerably low blood pressure, mixing these two lovely things didnt help that.

For the first couple hours or so I suppose it was fine, I just felt more drunk. I really wouldnt do it again though. I think I've learned after mixing about 6 or 7 times.

* plus, well a fair amount of KB

I felt slightly more nervous...maybe skightly feverishly chilly but didn't notice any real problem..

These are personal experiences, everyone reacts differently to drugs, and drug interactions so, just try and play it safe.

Fucking up really just isn't all its cut out to be.
    Hope this helped in one way or another :eek:

I just saved you hours and hours of typing seeking!
    ;)

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

alright...i mean im the kind of guy who (and i already have) read up a lot about what the mixture does and found that alcohol isnt a good idea, yet last night i drank a bit and smoked a pretty decent amount...goes to show its hard to break habits. i guess i wont care until the shit hits the fan...

14. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

no, they're not too bad..im pretty sure i have one every morning.

15. seven.13

I know im annoying but, it certainy will.