Pelican

GLIK$

I'm not talking about the bird that the Flintstones used to mix concrete.

This is seriously the only music I can stand to listen to lately.

To quote seeking, this shit is "bananas".

If dont know, you better start acting like you do.

http://www.hydrahead.com/pelican/

Also, if you're not a complete tool (you also enjoy Pelican).

Check out Isis:

http://www.sgnl05.com

My friends will now only be comprised of people who listen to and enjoy Pelican and Isis or those who can provide me with large amounts of money and gifts.

Good day.

PS: Thanks to Mr.Chupaloopadingdongdangle for lacing me with the freshness.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the great pleasure of seeing both pelican and isis on saturday night.

one of the best shows ive seen in years.

it was so good in fact, that i didnt even bother to leave my house the following night to see bear vs. shark and hopesfall, because i was all rocked out.

isis has lyrics, but they are almost not even lyrics. they're so sparse and blend so well with the music that you almost dont notice, and when you do notice, it's in a good way.

pelicans drummer is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! someone needs to start a small scale revolution and have him unseated from his throne (pun obviously intended). seriously though, it's almost painful to watch them because he's so bad. that band would be kicking the shit out of retarded children and aids patients if it just had a better drummer.

the new bear vs shark songs are fucking fire, just wait.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by seeking@Nov 30 2004, 03:16 PM

pelicans drummer is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! someone needs to start a small scale revolution and have him unseated from his throne (pun obviously intended). seriously though, it's almost painful to watch them because he's so bad. that band would be kicking the shit out of retarded children and aids patients if it just had a better drummer.

first off..thanks glikO.... i have been looking for good slow evil metal shit..and i REALLY like this band..just got the last album..great great stuff.

and seeking, YES the drummer does kind of suck (being one myself i can tell) ha.

its a bitch when the drummer holds down a band....but we are far and few in this buisnes.

a drmmer can make or break a band..unless all they need is simple stuff...with pelican does..but i think they could go further...and his fills are...bland.

uugh...

well it pays to be good...

his fills are just boring as shit. he does the same fill every 4 bars. it's like clock work....but annoying clock work that makes you want to pull your hair out. ugh. isis has simple drums, and they dont suck. it's not about being complicated, it's about being appropriate. dude is simply not appropriate.

someone should cut his arms off.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 16 2004, 04:23 PM

his fills are just boring as shit. he does the same fill every 4 bars. it's like clock work....but annoying clock work that makes you want to pull your hair out. ugh. isis has simple drums, and they dont suck. it's not about being complicated, it's about being appropriate. dude is simply not appropriate.

someone should cut his arms off.

full on with that one seeks, there is a sertain flow that every drummer must have...with out flow and being solid...its a mess as you state.

i used to play alot of slow dance jazz. brushes mostly..its actually harder to flow at sutch an incredible slow and simple beat..your arms strain to go faster.

but is sounds sooo nice.

• 3 months later...