pearl jams - riot act - drops nov 12

mental invalid

just wanted to drop the info.......ive already heard the album and it grows on me in leaps and bounds each time i hear it.....i was never really that big into them when they broke, but over the years with consistent rocking albums and good causes, ie the battle with ticket bastard....as well as countless ventures, they have wormed a hole into my heavy rotation...and after seeing a few shows last year, i know considering them to be great......this december in seattle they are doing back to back shows, dec 8th and 9th...all procees going to the following:

Choice USA

Voters for Choice/a>

Red Feather Development Group

The Northwest School/a>

Spruce Street School

Blue Mountain Clinic

West Memphis Three Legal Defense Fund

Youth Care

Arts Corps

Seattle Center Arts Academy

Northwest Literacy Foundation

Concerned United Birthparents (CUB)

Conservation International

Home Alive

The Vera Project

Montana Parks and Recreation

anyways i used to lambast em, and now i sleep better at nite knowing there are bands like them in the commercial scene of popular music...

the new album in stores today

Riot Act

Can't Keep

Save You

Love Boat Captain

Cropduster

Ghost

I Am Mine

Thumbing My Way

You Are

Get Right

Green Disease

helphelp

Bushleaguer

1/2 Full

Arc

All or None

peace........and rock and roll.........roe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Europe

The new album includes several references to their Roskilde Festival show 2001 where 9 young men were killed. It was a very sad night, Eddie sat crying on stage long after it was over.

Guess they still remember and have some problems with the live-thing...

Guest imported_Europe

I was working at that festival, doing the graffitiworkshop.

They played friday night 2000, I had gone home to sleep, so I didnt see the show. It was at the main stage, capasity 60.000, and there were some psuhing and shoving, like there are at all shows. suddenly alot of people fell over and before they could get everybody up again, 9 people were dead, crushed or suffocated. I have been at concerts at that stage through the years where there were pitts and people were going nuts, but the PJ concert was an ordinary one... Still it wnet wrong. Nobody knew what to do, the music wasnt stopped untill 10 minutes after the accident, everything was chaos. Eddie sat crying at the stage while they carried the bodies away. A stage that had been the center of so much joy and happiness and lifeenergy thorugh the last 30 years had suddenly turned into a dark, rainy, eerie scene of death.

I heard it on the radio next morning, when I got to the festival it was so surreal and scary. Everybody was crying and sad, it pretty much killed the festival that year. People lit candles and the biggest schrine was built up by the festivalguest, flowers, beers, joints, tshirts, letters, guitars, etc.

We organized a giant Rest in Peace mural. The whole festival kinda died that year.

But the next year the festival resurrected, everything was almost back to normal, with huge new security measures and a permanent memorial site.

Guest Pilau Hands

http://www.pearljam.com/riotactcover.jpg'>

You know I've been waiting for this album to drop for two years. Anyone who grew up in the 80s and came of age in the 90s probably knows their stuff hard...like or dislike. They've changed a lot, and they'll be mentioned and listened to long after they stop playing. That bootleg thing was ridiculous. Definitely an enjoyable maneuver, and I'm waiting for some 2003 US tour dates. So far I only see Australia...

Roe, could you give me a reading of the album? Better or worse than...Favorite songs...Rocky or Ballady...suck?

The waiting drove me mad.

if there was one person i was waiting for, it was you dunny......

where the hell ya been!?

i got aim......hit me off 'askqmschf'

we can chat more......

better then slice bread, worse then a night of wild nite turkey

i know youll buy, and i know youll dig it.......

and then we go on tour.......holla

theres no way ill buy this, ill burn it but wont buy it. pearl jam have some great songs, go and vitology have to be some of my favourite albums of all time. but other than that i dont really enjoy them. everything after vitology just didnt do it for me. well see.... maybe ill enjoy this one.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

ive had riot act for almost a month now... GOD DAMN I LOVE THE INTERNET. check out bushleager

ps, im finishing dling the new talib kweli - quality cd right now. boyeeeO.

mircistheshiznitwhatbitchwhatoner

i bought it today and so far i think its great. its too early to say if its my favorite or least fav. no code and yield were my least fav. so far but still not bad at all. saw them 2 years back when binaural was first released and look forward to seeing them again. they put on an amazing show.

I agree with the voice thing. That dude from Creed needs to find another way to put food on the table. Other than a bad rip off of Vedder's voice and singing about Jesus. One horrible voice is enough. Jeremy Spoooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaan is dead and I wish these guys went with him. I hate whiny voices in music or that yodelish crap. Jewel drives me up a wall with that crap. Her and that bitch from the Cranberries.

haha.....dam dezn, not much love eh? funny thing is used to hate on em myself.....they were the huge thing when i was a sophmore, so many moons ago, but like i said it wasnt until recently, that i was like, hot dam, musically they are fucking tight....jewel? cranberries? um......no comment....

i mean cutting off videos from MTV, you automatically get a rung on the ladder....

anyone see touring band 2000.....great dvd as is the single theory, the yield sessions.....

added bonus:

thurs and fri nite they are playing letterman.....its the only show the play, and dave is giving two nights....hot

Archived