Pc Ipod owners

the_gooch

ok, so i am thinking about investing in an ipod and i own a pc. does anyone have any feedback if they are a pc/ipod owner. what do i need to get get started? anything to look out for? etc...etc...

everyone i know that owns an ipod has a mac, so that doesn't help me, and i really don't believe anything sales people tell me "i need".

thanks in advance for smart remarks, usefull help, playfull banter, titty pics, and general sarcasm.

back to studying while drinking.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my gf has an ipod and a pc and she dl's songs pretty quickly into the ipod. it looks simple when she does it and i am pretty computer illiterate. and im pretty sure like poop said that they have usb's now so it makes it even easier. get an ipod dude! ive been debating whether i should pic up a 20 or a 40. the 40 is just being cooler i think bc the 20 is more than enough.

excellent, yeah i saw they have the usb port. i am also thinking about getting the itrip and the docking base. i get mixed reviews about the i trip, but i think it would be cool for the car or the stero in the bed room which gets no use sice my old cd player broke and i never got a new one.

i am thinking about the 20, that is all i really need. i am gonna use my student id to get a discount which should help a bit. but i seriously need this shit for my studio art classes cause i can't take people talking to me sometimes, it's distracting. and i think the itrip would be dope for that car cause i have a ton of shit that i dled and i dont have on disk.

the itrip plugs in to the ipod and you can tune any fm radio frequency in to play your tracks. so, if you set the itip to 92.3 fm and are in the vicinity of any radio with that staion on, it will be playing the tunes on your play list. at least that is how it was explained to me.

http://www.macguardians.de/upload/wp-itrip-iTrip_vorne.jpg'>

I have an iPod and I used it with a PC for awhile but it kept fucking up. It was a third generation one too. It would always freeze up when I transfered files. Then one day I transfered files and my 8gigs on there suddenly disappeared into nothing. I had to put like 3k songs back on there.

I switched over to a mac a couple weeks ago. Reformated the iPod for a mac and it's been running beautifully ever since.

I think HP makes an iPod for PCs, buy that if I am understanding the concept correctly. I think it's made to work only with PCs which would be good. If not, I wouldn't recommend an iPod with a PC just from personal experience.

OK here we go:

An itrip is a device that transmits music from your ipod over a radio frequency. From what I've heard they're not worth the money: the sound quality is bad and they suck battery life like nobody's business. If you want an ipod in your car you'd be better off just getting a stereo with line in.

The HP iPod is just a regular ipod sold by HP. They're all the same, and they all support both windows and mac computers.

The dock is just a cradle for the ipod that has a 3.5mm line out. You can use it to charge the ipod and hook it up to your computer and stereo (you'll need the appropriate cables, the dock is just the cradle itself). I have mine attached to my stereo and plugged in to the wall so i can listen to music and charge it at the same time.

You don't need a firewire card to use an ipod. In fact, USB 2.0 is a lot faster than firewire (480MB/sec vs 300). Either way, it's pretty cheap ($15-30, spend the money and get a good one, it's worth it) to add a card to a desktop.

The itunes program is one of the easiest to use programs i have ever encountered. You can download it and check it out; it's free. The interface rules, you just drag your files from your library onto your ipod. It also conveniently organizes my music, rips and burns CDs, and lets you make playlists and all that jazz. I'm a fan.

I've had my ipod a year now and haven't had any problems. I use it pretty much every day, it's a great piece of technology.