Payng Dues to Old Skool Writers

DroppinNames

Word. What up Ya'll??? Looking to list from each city Old Skool writers that influenced your graff scene. I am from BIG BAD LOS ANGELES and these are the old skoolers from my citee.

CRIME K2S - KILL 2 SUCCEED

PRIME K2S

CHARLIE DTK - DOWN TO KILL

BLINKY DTK

MAKE STN - SECOND TO NONE

GIN TNT - DYNOMITE TEAM

RIVAL WCA - WEST COAST ARTITS

MINER WCA

SER WCA

PIRO WCA

and of course RISKY WCA

SKEPT STN

FRAME K2S

KRENZ

These guys were the shit and are the reason for LA graff writers writing today. SO RECOGNIZE!!!.:king: :king: :king:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

who cares????

fool without some of these guys you would not be painting freely as you are now. That is if you are painting. That is like saying who cares about DONDI or TAKI 183 or SEEN from NY and so on....you must be some toy. these are the guys that influenced the guys that probably influenced you. So without them you'd probabby be no one which you probably are. I have been painting for two decades fool and if I had never seen the guys I listed up I probably would not have been into graff.

That is like anyone saying who cares about their pioneers, form breakers to rappes to punks to artists

so not so venomous but more retarded.

Originally posted by LENS

who cares? they're all dead now.

I recognize the people pushing the envelope. Not a bunch of fossils. Ooooooo, how venemous was dat?

that was gay.......im no old skool head......im very young.......15........but how can you disrespect old writers.......i have to agree with the other guy.......thats taking the piss.......stylewars is a so good......people like seen, cap (yeah, i know hes a prick), dondi, dez, min.......all them.........they inspire me to go out and paint.....what you said is fuckin gay..........ungrateful

For pioneering...

Tracy 168

Stay High 149

Taki 183

Cornbread

Iz the Wiz

Zephyr

Dondi

Seen

Skeme

Kaze

JA

Sane

Smith

Henry Chalfant

Duro

Phase2

Espo

Revs

Cost

Cope2

Daze

Min

Flint 707

Pistol One

Freedom

Futura 2000

Ghost

Haze

Lee

Mare 139

Lady Pink

Revolt

T Kid

And on the local side...

Sasquatch

Metro

Zroe

Vicious

Loser

Lamer

Huge

Abhor

Cops

Detr

Yuck

JOKER

Bore

Belev

Bruiser

Ming

Spoil

Btoe

Hope

Motevs

Mover

Adek

Jets

Senik

Zae

Agres

HOD

4DC

DFM

KUK

DWA

KYT

DTC

And everyone else who put in work in the 90's.

My city doesn't have as long of a history as say, LA. Alot of these cats are still writing.

How can i "diss" old school writers?

Oh man, like you give a fuck about old school writers. Sounds like you're just dropping names to establish "cred" as a "writer".

To the 15 year old: bend over so i can lance your buttocks with a hot railroad spike.

Yeah, you're so right....I don't care much about "old school" writers.....that makes me gay......100% gay. You got me....right out in the open.

Eat my diarrheaa jackfuck

Old school writers are lame lame lame

Originally posted by LENS

How can i "diss" old school writers?

Oh man, like you give a fuck about old school writers. Sounds like you're just dropping names to establish "cred" as a "writer".

To the 15 year old: bend over so i can lance your buttocks with a hot railroad spike.

Yeah, you're so right....I don't care much about "old school" writers.....that makes me gay......100% gay. You got me....right out in the open.

Eat my diarrheaa jackfuck

Old school writers are lame lame lame

gheeeyyy

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by rubbish heap

And on the local side...

Sasquatch

Metro

Zroe

Vicious

Loser

Lamer

Huge

Abhor

Cops

Detr

Yuck

Anyone who put in work in the 90's.

JOKER

My city doesn't have as long of a history as say, LA. Alot of these cats are still writing.

I could say a lot but look into these guys to revise your list, many are left out but...

HOPE

MING

MOVER

BORE

MOTEVS

and a grab bag of others...

name droppin' a list of kids that you may or may not know personally, makes for a pointless thread. i do appriciate past writers, its true without them none of use would be involved but i gotta agree with lens... i pay more attention to those who are next level. if you get stuck on the oldies (as great as they were) then you are a graff historian. if thats the case go fill out an application for the history channel.

and from the begining this game has been about respecting the roots but facing forward and getting up.

besides, graff is different now. the word king has lost its meaning, the way its just idley tossed around. and graff masters dont pick up apprentices to share styles with so much any more. the days of truely paying dues by racking or filling in for an established writer are over.

names, what are they anymore? the graff scene is over saturated and is being run with a new set of rules. these days, just because someone has made a name in your city's recent past doesnt mean anyone has heard of them in my city. theres just not enough room on the bench for every name.

i feel your point lens.

The people that started this artform paved the way, and we are all "biting" them in theory. Not to say there aren't some very skilled writers today, all I'm saying is that we need to give love to those who started this shit.

-Taki 183

-Dondi

-Skeme

-Seen UA

-Duro

-Mare

The people that started this artform paved the way, and we are all "biting" them in theory. Not to say there aren't some very skilled writers today, all I'm saying is that we need to give love to those who started this shit.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY:ADEPT

i appriciate the legendaries. what i am talking about are the more recent old school local heros in every nook and cranny around the world that never really found massive aclaim outside their city. the list could be 50 pages long to what end? whats the point? many of those writers are regional or slightly better. why collect and trade names like that? next thing you know there will be graff trading cards.

SINCE GRAFF HAS GONE GLOBAL I PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WRITERS THAT ARE IN THE HERE AND NOW, SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD. not writers that used to have a city on lock 7 years ago. if the scene is world wide, what are the chances someone hundreds of thousands of miles away is gonna know of or even be concerned with who blew up that area right over there for a minute in the 90's? how could anyone keep up with every local champ who held a 15 minute slot in any given city around the world. the scope is so much bigger than that these days. dont get me wrong, not saying you shouldnt care about those that influenced you but there are too many names out there to be concerned with them all, like i said before its over saturation. instead i prefer to focus on those who are contuing to impress in the international scene. world wide focus.

quote:Originally posted by rubbish heap

And on the local side...

Sasquatch

Metro

Zroe

Vicious

Loser

Lamer

Huge

Abhor

Cops

Detr

Yuck

JOKER

I could say a lot but look into these guys to revise your list, many are left out but...

HOPE

MING

MOVER

BORE

MOTEVS

------------------------------------------------------

Rubbish Heap...

I really appreciate the higlighted nod in your list but I have to step up and renounce myself from it. Here are a few reasons why...

First, and most important in regards to this topic, I'm not from this city. I have no part in it's writing history. Guys like Ming and Bruiser should have the highlighted shout-out for what they have done and contributed.

Second, indeed I did paint often but my numbers mainly included legal spots. My short lived bombing spree in this town couldn't even compete with a weekend of work done by Hope or Huge. And my two or so years dedicated to freights while living here don't make a mark in the city itself.

Like I said, I appreciate the appreciation. I just don't feel that I deserve it as much as a lot of other guys on that list, who are actually from this city. And I knnow this thread is not meant to be taken seriously, but I am.

Still to this day, my favorites are:

Jets

Mover

Metro

Spoil

Originally posted by Joker

quote:Originally posted by rubbish heap

And on the local side...

Sasquatch

Metro

Zroe

Vicious

Loser

Lamer

Huge

Abhor

Cops

Detr

Yuck

JOKER

HOPE

MING

MOVER

BORE

MOTEVS

------------------------------------------------------

Rubbish Heap...

I really appreciate the higlighted nod in your list but I have to step up and renounce myself from it. Here are a few reasons why...

First, and most important in regards to this topic, I'm not from this city. I have no part in it's writing history. Guys like Ming and Bruiser should have the highlighted shout-out for what they have done and contributed.

Second, indeed I did paint often but my numbers mainly included legal spots. My short lived bombing spree in this town couldn't even compete with a weekend of work done by Hope or Huge. And my two or so years dedicated to freights while living here don't make a mark in the city itself.

Like I said, I appreciate the appreciation. I just don't feel that I deserve it as much as a lot of other guys on that list, who are actually from this city. And I knnow this thread is not meant to be taken seriously, but I am.

Still to this day, my favorites are:

Jets

Mover

Metro

Spoil

Joker, you've got to be one of the most humble people out there...

I'll post more as I gather my thoughts.

when i was a rookie i knew i wanted to both piece and bomb. here are some cats that was either bangin mad tags on gates, slappin up mad fill ins, bangin mad silvers and simple styles or doing a lot of bad ass pieces or all of the above, and got me amped to do my thang:

TOP 40 --no particular order---

per

ces

clark

seen

bom5

med

yes2

ead

serve

nicer

bio

cope2

tore

ant2

louie hr

saze

eroc

cromag

core2

dmand

easy

joz

sane

smith

rd 357

ja

tkid

shame125

jest

nes

wane

cav

key

sento

wips

reas

dero

vet

poem

west

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i understand how old school writers deserve respect, but at the same time their evolution of painting has brought us to where we are today (and that doesnt impress me). legal walls on every street corner, hundreds of graffiti internet sites, taggers who make my eyes bleed, and a lose of an underground community. i think i would have loved to praticipate in an era when graffiti was rare and constanly breaking boundaries. today there is that been, there done that attitude to most parts of graffiti. not to mention mentors or blackbook sessions no longer exist. im not saying they ruined graffiti, but i dont always agree that their influence on graffiti was postive many years later.

Being an old skooler,

I agree with everyone to point on this thread to a degree. Graffiti was always about a fame game and who was all city, etc... and you might have had it in 1984 but if you didn't keep it up, how is a new generation writer going to relate to you or even know who you are. Now, I always believe you have to look in the past to bring on the future.

Take writers like Seen and Espo for example, they are still painting and doing stuff on an international level. They are from the old skool and are still doing stuff 25 plus years later, those are the cats that get much respect.

Graffiti is definetly different in the 2000's mainly because it has be over saturated through magazines, websites, documentries, etc. I agree with "BackSeatBebe" on his post

Nowadays a person can develop a style in 6 months because they can cop aspects of the writers out there today via the above mentioned. So I think the a lot of new school lost its originality. Not all of the writers out there today are non original but I think most of you understand that statement. I see to many writers copping styles and it's very blatant.

peace to all keeping this sport alive

Originally posted by DroppinNames

fool without some of these guys you would not be painting freely as you are now. That is if you are painting.

I have been painting for two decades fool

ill give my respect

im also from the LA area

i will however call bullshit on your two decades

because no self respecting 30 something

would speak like they are 12

Archived