Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Payng Dues to Old Skool Writers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by DroppinNames, Jan 17, 2004.

1. DroppinNames

DroppinNames New Jack

Word. What up Ya'll??? Looking to list from each city Old Skool writers that influenced your graff scene. I am from BIG BAD LOS ANGELES and these are the old skoolers from my citee.

CRIME K2S - KILL 2 SUCCEED
    PRIME K2S
    CHARLIE DTK - DOWN TO KILL
    BLINKY DTK
    MAKE STN - SECOND TO NONE
    GIN TNT - DYNOMITE TEAM
    RIVAL WCA - WEST COAST ARTITS
    MINER WCA
    SER WCA
    PIRO WCA
    and of course RISKY WCA
    SKEPT STN
    FRAME K2S
    KRENZ

These guys were the shit and are the reason for LA graff writers writing today. SO RECOGNIZE!!!.:king: :king: :king:

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

who cares? they're all dead now.

I recognize the people pushing the envelope. Not a bunch of fossils. Ooooooo, how venemous was dat?

3. DroppinNames

DroppinNames New Jack

who cares????

fool without some of these guys you would not be painting freely as you are now. That is if you are painting. That is like saying who cares about DONDI or TAKI 183 or SEEN from NY and so on....you must be some toy. these are the guys that influenced the guys that probably influenced you. So without them you'd probabby be no one which you probably are. I have been painting for two decades fool and if I had never seen the guys I listed up I probably would not have been into graff.

That is like anyone saying who cares about their pioneers, form breakers to rappes to punks to artists

so not so venomous but more retarded.

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

If you are old enough to have been painting for 2 decades then you must be a very slow individual.

5. HOVIE

HOVIE Member

that was gay.......im no old skool head......im very young.......15........but how can you disrespect old writers.......i have to agree with the other guy.......thats taking the piss.......stylewars is a so good......people like seen, cap (yeah, i know hes a prick), dondi, dez, min.......all them.........they inspire me to go out and paint.....what you said is fuckin gay..........ungrateful

6. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

For pioneering...

Tracy 168
    Stay High 149
    Taki 183
    Cornbread
    Iz the Wiz
    Zephyr
    Dondi
    Seen
    Skeme
    Kaze
    JA
    Sane
    Smith
    Henry Chalfant
    Duro
    Phase2
    Espo
    Revs
    Cost
    Cope2
    Daze
    Min
    Flint 707
    Pistol One
    Freedom
    Futura 2000
    Ghost
    Haze
    Lee
    Mare 139
    Lady Pink
    Revolt
    T Kid

And on the local side...

Sasquatch
    Metro
    Zroe
    Vicious
    Loser
    Lamer
    Huge
    Abhor
    Cops
    Detr
    Yuck
    JOKER
    Bore
    Belev
    Bruiser
    Ming
    Spoil
    Btoe
    Hope
    Motevs
    Mover
    Adek
    Jets
    Senik
    Zae
    Agres
    HOD
    4DC
    DFM
    KUK
    DWA
    KYT
    DTC
    And everyone else who put in work in the 90's.

My city doesn't have as long of a history as say, LA. Alot of these cats are still writing.

7. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

seen
    yes2
    cap
    skeme
    zephyr
    dondi

8. Euro Beast

Euro Beast New Jack

Dumb thread.

yeah i said it. what?

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

How can i "diss" old school writers?

Oh man, like you give a fuck about old school writers. Sounds like you're just dropping names to establish "cred" as a "writer".

To the 15 year old: bend over so i can lance your buttocks with a hot railroad spike.

Yeah, you're so right....I don't care much about "old school" writers.....that makes me gay......100% gay. You got me....right out in the open.

Eat my diarrheaa jackfuck

Old school writers are lame lame lame

10. 323JDMEF9

323JDMEF9 New Jack

TRACER CFK old skool 1982 Pasadena shit!!!

O.G. RTDK's slaying buses and paving the way for younger cats...

CFK's / CWA's / NHH's / STP's / and on and on...

11. HOVIE

HOVIE Member

gheeeyyy

12. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I could say a lot but look into these guys to revise your list, many are left out but...

HOPE
    MING
    MOVER
    BORE
    MOTEVS

and a grab bag of others...

13. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

king bling, i looked into everyone you mentioned. the list is edited and more lengthy now :)

14. DroppinNames

DroppinNames New Jack

That right keep represnting....LA up in here....

15. rinse

rinse Member

name droppin' a list of kids that you may or may not know personally, makes for a pointless thread. i do appriciate past writers, its true without them none of use would be involved but i gotta agree with lens... i pay more attention to those who are next level. if you get stuck on the oldies (as great as they were) then you are a graff historian. if thats the case go fill out an application for the history channel.
    and from the begining this game has been about respecting the roots but facing forward and getting up.
    besides, graff is different now. the word king has lost its meaning, the way its just idley tossed around. and graff masters dont pick up apprentices to share styles with so much any more. the days of truely paying dues by racking or filling in for an established writer are over.
    names, what are they anymore? the graff scene is over saturated and is being run with a new set of rules. these days, just because someone has made a name in your city's recent past doesnt mean anyone has heard of them in my city. theres just not enough room on the bench for every name.

i feel your point lens.