Pawnshops

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

naw, but if you got something like a tv or some 12's or some shit that you dont care to get rid of, and dont want back, pawn the shit but say youre going to come back for it in a month, and they'll give you more money for your shit.

its like a loan, but youre leaving collateral (sp?)...

and you get paid up front, but if you dont come back in a month to claim your shit (pay them back) they keep it.

thats why you give them something that you could get maybe $150 but thats not really worth that much, and say you'll be back for it, and then just dont come back and they're stuck with that bullshit...

:lol:

Originally posted by E MARTYR

thats why you give them something that you could get maybe $150 but thats not really worth that much, and say you'll be back for it, and then just dont come back and they're stuck with that bullshit...

have you ever pawned anything?

i mean i dunno about in texas,

but pawn shop owners here know what theyre doing

and would never give you a hundred and fifty

for something thats worth a hundred and fifty

definately not for something worth less

its a business not a fucking charity

what were you looking at pawning?

-cameras get above decent money

digital/video/and 35mm

-guns get money in some places

but the local pawn stopped selling them due to lack of sales

since the guy who owns the place is picky and only would accept the nicest guns brought in

-you wont get shit for video games or systems

-nice power tools will net pretty good money

-jewelry if its nice is always a pawn shop staple

-tvs wont get you much unless they are pretty new

as in the past 2 years sometimes less

Guest imported_b0b

The pawn shop I used to work in only took jewellery and then only paid the going scrap rates for it. This means you get little money for your goods. Also the APR was a grand total of 98% a year with all charges added in. Fucking rip off, don;t do it unless you have to. at least 3/4's of the customers were people selling stolen stuff.

Pawn Shops are extremely profitable

That's why there are so many of them. The larger the loan, the lower the Annual Percentage Rate. In Texas, for loans of $0-$99 the rate is an astronomical 240%!!!! Borrow a C-note, keep it for a year, pay back $240. I think they should just give pawnbrokers a mask and a gun and let them go ahead and rob people the honest way, LOL.

The rates are lower if the amount is bigger, and of course, secured with personal property as collateral. If you bring in something like a diamond ring or a Martin D-28, you will get a better rate, and more money.

The small loans cost more because the risk of you not coming back is greater. Most pawn shops have a lot of stuff for sale, but it's usually priced at all the market will bear--top money for used junk. It used to be that you could find good deals on used musical instruments and guns and whatnot at pawnshops, but from what I've seen lately, not so much any more. Good tools are still available. I bought a buzz box welder and a nice set of Snap-On tools for fairly good prices.

Originally posted by When

have you ever pawned anything?

i mean i dunno about in texas,

but pawn shop owners here know what theyre doing

and would never give you a hundred and fifty

for something thats worth a hundred and fifty

definately not for something worth less

its a business not a fucking charity

well, my homie pawned some 12's or some shit, and he got like $150 or so, they were definately worth it i guess you could say, and they gave him the money... but he came back and bought them back...

its like a loan in a way... cuz if you dont come back, they're not really out of their money cuz they got your shit...

Originally posted by E MARTYR

well, my homie pawned some 12's or some shit, and he got like $150 or so, they were definately worth it i guess you could say

maybe he sucked the owner off also

or pawned his entire system

Do you mean 120 bills as in 1200 dollars, or 120 dollars? Out here a "bill" is 100.

Either way, pawn shop will rip you off. They offered me 25 bucks for a brand new playstation right after ps2 came out. You can get tools for pretty cheap, used jewlery, golf clubs are good, cds and such, sometimes guns also. Electronics you will get robbed, instruments they rob you now.

I just killed the 40 time for bed....

i took my vintage sega master system 2 in they offered me $2, literally. i tried to talk them up to 5, they wouldnt budge on 2...after realising my bus ticket there cost $1, i decided to give it to a charity based thrift store next door... then i bought a gatorade for $2.50 before realising the whole trip resuting in negative funds.

the whole situation was rather humerous really.

i know this dude who runs one around where i live, and the front is just your average pawn shop. but he's got a secret room in the back where those in the know can get brass knuckles, switchblades, tasers, tear gas, and all kinds of exotic martial arts weapons. you have to go there with somebody he knows and there's a password and shit...it's like straight out of a movie. all of the stuff i just mentioned is illegal in massachusetts but this dude's just really d.l. about selling it. is this a common thing for pawn shops or is this guy just especially shady?

Archived