Pawn Shop Intrigue

Dick Quickwood

My mom sold a DVD at a pawn shop, and I noticed that they asked for her ID card, and entered some numbers from it into a computer, and seemed to read something on the screen. I don't know what they did exactly, but I surmise that it had to do with criminal records, state police "stolen property databases", or the like. Can just anyone do this, perhaps on a DMV website?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to supply pawn shops with various goods. I think they just take your id to see if you have pawned anything with them before. They also match your name to what you give them incase it turns out that the merchandise is stolen. Umm..it got to the point where they stopped asking me for my id.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

I used to supply pawn shops with various goods. I think they just take your id to see if you have pawned anything with them before. They also match your name to what you give them incase it turns out that the merchandise is stolen. Umm..it got to the point where they stopped asking me for my id.

awesome

Re: Re: Pawn Shop Intrigue

Originally posted by Seldoon

yall must be POOR!! hahahehiim laughing atu r misfortune!@!11

j.k

Haha, sorry about your family’s financial state, b. For what it’s worth, my friend’s mom is a gambling addict and a compulsive ebay seller. She hasn’t gotten to his or his dad’s baseball memorabilia collection yet. Let’s hope she doesn’t go that far.

Archived