Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Paula Poundstone is a wierd old lesbian

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ZENYTH.ASP, Jun 28, 2001.

1. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Stand-up comedian Paula Poundstone was arrested and charged with child endangerment and committing a lewd act on a young girl, the district attorney's office said.

Poundstone, 41, was charged with three counts of committing a lewd act on a girl under the age of 14, as well as endangering two other girls and two boys, Deputy District Attorney Gina Satriano said in a statement.

She could face up to 13 years and four months in prison if convicted on all charges. Prosecutors expect to set an arraignment date Thursday.

Poundstone was arrested Wednesday at 3:10 p.m. and released about four hours later after posting $200,000 bail.

``I have faith that the truth is the right thing,'' was the only statement a haggard-looking Poundstone made to reporters after leaving jail.

Satriano said no further details on Poundstone's arrest would be released by the district attorney's office.

Poundstone's manager maintains the comedian is innocent.

``I know Paula Poundstone well enough to know these charges are 100 percent incorrect,'' Bonnie Burns said in a statement Wednesday evening. ``She has been an incredible parent, she's made huge sacrifices to see that children who weren't dealt the best cards in life were well taken care of and she's always shown herself to be completely honorable and full of integrity.''

Poundstone has taken in foster children since 1993 through the Westside Children's Center. In 1997, she adopted two of her foster daughters, now around 10 and 7. She had been the foster mother of the older girl since she was 4 and of the younger girl since she was an infant.

Poundstone's lawyer, Steven Cron, criticized police for taking the entertainer into custody, saying his client had been aware of the investigation for some time and was cooperating with authorities.

The brassy comic, known for her one-liners about politics and life in general, has been a frequent guest on late-night talk shows over the years and is a regular panelist on the syndicated game show ``To Tell the Truth.''

Poundstone has won two Cable ACE awards for HBO specials, as well as an American Comedy Award in 1989 as the nation's best female standup comic.

------------------
    Support low-budget graffiti publications!

DEAD IN THE DIRT
    P.O. BOX 1030
    Jeffersonville, IN

2. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

I wonder what she did.

Oh well, Im first like Fred Durst with a thirst gettin a burst from the worst, Im cursed but the truth hurts. Ha. Im dope as fuck, my 12oz niggas.

3. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

4. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth Senior Member

I always new she was off......she is the epitome of a semi-celebrity....

5. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more....

6. nemersion

nemersion Junior Member

that desicribes 90% of all comedians....

------------------
    poop

7. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

ha ha ha...definetly

8. OGBforMumia

OGBforMumia Member

yes she is. she frankly scares me

9. Esh2

Esh2 Junior Member

I saw when they arrested her on the news. She looks like a fucking man. Shes always wearing mens office clothes and shit. What a weird old lesbian.

ESH2 GIVIN NIGGAS 1.50 DAILY SON
    MLB MOBB!! We ride muthafucking razor scooters!!

10. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

what??

11. cafe con leche

cafe con leche Member

hard to believe she even had $200k ...her and ellen should get together and make a "home video" and lose it.... that would be comedy!

12. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Guest

ha ha...
    i was about to make that same comment about the 200 grand..