Patenting Inventions

GreatNrthern

I'm looking to patent a couple inventions and I really don't know the best way to go about it..there are the ads from companies on tv, but I'm sure they take a big chunk from whatever you make, if you make anything...Does anyone know a better way? I'd appreciate some suggestions.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hmm... First off if you are trying to patent anything I came up with I'm going to hunt you down and pull your asshole up over you're ears.

But if you seriously do want to patent something I would be skeptical about those companies on tv as I recently learned about some of them ripping off peoples ideas.

I would check with Better Business Bureau or Consumer Watch before I dealt with them especially about something so important. dick.

I friend use to work for one of those late night tv 1800 invention commercials companies, he fucking had to take calls from idiots all over trying to invent the next big thing,

The best one I can remember was a dude that just figured out you can take out the filling in a cigar and put in other "smokeable herbs" he thought he could take a bunch and market them to the stoner market. Yes he thought he invented the concept. (thats the funny part)

i don't know of any websites that help you patent something. but i do know that there are plenty of books published on the topic. my suggestion would be to, go to the bookstore, copy down the information you need, patent your shit, and let know how it works out for you.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

dont you have to pay a fee to patent an invention

The shit costs mad loot. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. Not only that but you need diagrams and a working model! I guess that's why there's so many companies who want you to submit you're idea to them and if they like it they invest in it and you gotta give em a cut. I've looked into this stuff a little before. It's alot easier to copywrite stuff. Maybe I should just stick to that.

i have no idea about how to patent anything but a cheap way to copyright some shti is to take it (a song or story or whatever) and put it in an envelope and send it to yourself so that if someone says its theres you can prove when you did it by the postmark date on the envelope and just dont open the envelope til tha shit pops off in court.

Sometimes websites are legal to copywrite you're materials. I don't quite remember the exact details. Actually one of the factors deterring a patent is if it has been written and published somewhere before. I'm not so sure how forums would compute as publication.

Archived