Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Patenting Inventions

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GreatNrthern, Jul 27, 2003.

1. GreatNrthern

GreatNrthern New Jack

I'm looking to patent a couple inventions and I really don't know the best way to go about it..there are the ads from companies on tv, but I'm sure they take a big chunk from whatever you make, if you make anything...Does anyone know a better way? I'd appreciate some suggestions.

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

Hmm... First off if you are trying to patent anything I came up with I'm going to hunt you down and pull your asshole up over you're ears.
    But if you seriously do want to patent something I would be skeptical about those companies on tv as I recently learned about some of them ripping off peoples ideas.
    I would check with Better Business Bureau or Consumer Watch before I dealt with them especially about something so important. dick.

3. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

i remember reading somwhere you could hold a patent by going to yoru public library and signing papers. i'm probably wrong

4. mr_president

mr_president Banned

id like to know to...

teaser = super genius

5. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Call 4-1-1 on your phone and ask for the number to the U.S. Patent office. That would make sence to me. Ask them all the questions that you need answered

6. yoink

yoink Elite Member

I friend use to work for one of those late night tv 1800 invention commercials companies, he fucking had to take calls from idiots all over trying to invent the next big thing,

The best one I can remember was a dude that just figured out you can take out the filling in a cigar and put in other "smokeable herbs" he thought he could take a bunch and market them to the stoner market. Yes he thought he invented the concept. (thats the funny part)

7. GreatNrthern

GreatNrthern New Jack

alright thanks

8. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

dont you have to pay a fee to patent an invention

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ahahaha i bet your invention is really stupid and/or useless

10. crave

crave Veteran Member

i don't know of any websites that help you patent something. but i do know that there are plenty of books published on the topic. my suggestion would be to, go to the bookstore, copy down the information you need, patent your shit, and let know how it works out for you.

11. mr_president

mr_president Banned

youre forever hating on people...

someone needs to invent a dick saddle... for those that ride:

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS!!!

:lol:

12. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

13. GreatNrthern

GreatNrthern New Jack

i find them pretty useful

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

The shit costs mad loot. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. Not only that but you need diagrams and a working model! I guess that's why there's so many companies who want you to submit you're idea to them and if they like it they invest in it and you gotta give em a cut. I've looked into this stuff a little before. It's alot easier to copywrite stuff. Maybe I should just stick to that.

15. nick5542

nick5542 Member

i have no idea about how to patent anything but a cheap way to copyright some shti is to take it (a song or story or whatever) and put it in an envelope and send it to yourself so that if someone says its theres you can prove when you did it by the postmark date on the envelope and just dont open the envelope til tha shit pops off in court.