Passenger trains.

El Sodoma

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

if you carouse through the flicks i am sure you will find a few of what you are looking for.

Some folks are dumb as rocks, but I'll try one more time:

1.Advertising on the Net that you've done transit is a great way to get yourself busted in the US. So if people are doing transit here, you won't be hearing much about it.

2.Fifteen or twenty years ago, things changed, and cleans stopped running (hence the name "cleans"). The "roots" and "tradition" you refer to consisted of getting up on subway cars, and seeing your stuff run in front of all the people. With a strong buff on transit these days, you must choose one or the other. Transit heads are respecting the tradition of getting up on subway cars at any cost even if nobody sees it. Freight heads are respecting the tradition by getting up on a train system where people will see it run, even if it's not a subway.

3.As I understand it Euro freights are kind of lame, a lot different from the North American setup, so you guys might as well stick to passenger action.

4.Aside from the fact that a lot of graffiti heads are dicks when I finally meet them in person, I have respect for anyone hitting trains of any kind, because trains and graffiti go together. I hope we can agree on that at least.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

...a lot of graffiti heads are dicks when I finally meet them in person...

i know, right? man o man. some of us really suck at life

and the meeting people thing seems like such an integral part of the frieght scene. so much socializing. i mean this is a _message board_ - we're all catty little girls. plus the flick trading and shit...geez. i'm not complaining, mind you. i like it like this. but in a way it's amazing we've been able to sustain this mess considering what fundamentally asshole human beings i've met writing graffiti.

then again...i've also come to know some of my best friends.

if there's any interest in this imma go start a topic. feel free to beat me to it

in the jersey/ny area, the current 'charge' for ONE panel on a transit train is roughly $250,000.

the way they look at it, they have to pull that car out of service to go to the buff, thus losing out on any potential revenue.

obviously they're not going to get a fine like that to stick, but thats what they claim as 'damages'.

this is why people dont talk about it, its not worth the risk. infact, there are even people over here who paint the piece, get their flic, then go over the whole thing so its unreadable, just to avoid the heat.

Originally posted by seeking

this is why people dont talk about it, its not worth the risk. infact, there are even people over here who paint the piece, get their flic, then go over the whole thing so its unreadable, just to avoid the heat.

yeah i had heard this from ppl in NY, thats pretty hardcore but surely you could just change your name too, i know ppl in brisbane( where the laws are quite harsh too) who have never done the same name on a citytrain twice...either way as long as you get the flick its all good..

the other thing is i think if less ppl were focused on frieghts more subways and such would get done..graffiti is a really monkey see monkey do activity thats why tehre is such a focus on not letting graff run in city systems, but from the looks of most freights i have seen and scoped in the flesh they are about as easy as a wall and shouldnt have such an emphisus placed on them..

In my opinion a healthy graffiti scene is where the goal is to do the most hardcore action first then subsequently stlye or anyother concern..

The British train and underground systems have a very heavy buff but as lots of writers hit large amounts of transit the buff can't keep up with the damage. Insides , outsides, leanouts, backjumps all get buffed very frequently and its pretty rare to see heavily bombed cars run. But some does run and when it does its better than any freight car. Saying that US freights can be equivalent to country wide fame so its not all bad.

:D :D :D

another thing that you guys have to remember, is that there are 50 states in america, but only a handfull of those have light rails (subways).

nyc, altanta, dc, cleveland, the bay, chicago, boston... who am i forgetting?

this puts most people far out of reach of doing them. and you could say 'go to the trains', but then you have to deal with local crews who dont particularly want 'outsiders' heating up their spots.

not that this whole discussion hasent been beaten into the ground, but whatever. im bored.

a lot of the euro transit i see looks like straight vandalism... i don't really know how i feel about it, i kinda wonder if it just gives graff a worse name, or if it forces people to reason with graff... I'm kinda partial to the second option, but i still love freights more than anything.

Originally posted by razeagainst

a lot of the euro transit i see looks like straight vandalism... i don't really know how i feel about it, i kinda wonder if it just gives graff a worse name, or if it forces people to reason with graff... I'm kinda partial to the second option, but i still love freights more than anything.

shut up.

hmm, cant remember seeing very many broken seats or slashed windows?

anyway, since when has graff had a good name?

Originally posted by seeking

another thing that you guys have to remember, is that there are 50 states in america, but only a handfull of those have light rails (subways).

nyc, altanta, dc, cleveland, the bay, chicago, boston... who am i forgetting?

there has to be more than just a handfull of citys in the sates with city trains ..what about interstate passenger trains we rock them to.

ahh thats pretty lame dude..

graff is someone writting there name illeagly...nothing else...if your on the whole "i paint pretty pictures so graffiti will become more socially acceptable " trip then you are in it for the wrong reasons mate..its that kinda attitude that will get graffiti even more faddy than it allready is and played out like a motherfucker..

REAL writers do NOT want that too happen...

Guest Zee_Zee
Originally posted by BigJoe

ahh thats pretty lame dude..

graff is someone writting there name illeagly...nothing else...if your on the whole "i paint pretty pictures so graffiti will become more socially acceptable " trip then you are in it for the wrong reasons mate..its that kinda attitude that will get graffiti even more faddy than it allready is and played out like a motherfucker..

REAL writers do NOT want that too happen...

even tho you hate me i must admit you make a good point

Originally posted by BigJoe

there has to be more than just a handfull of citys in the sates with city trains ..what about interstate passenger trains we rock them to.

..actually that really is all the subways...we do have the amtrak system which is a passenger system that runs across the whole country...but most states don't have an amtrak yard, nor do they have a station that is busy enough to be able get anything more than a tag off on a car...that being said they do get hit...i've seen a Stock simple run through here in the past month and the occasional throwup, but that's about it...

Originally posted by porque

..actually that really is all the subways...we do have the amtrak system which is a passenger system that runs across the whole country...but most states don't have an amtrak yard, nor do they have a station that is busy enough to be able get anything more than a tag off on a car...that being said they do get hit...i've seen a Stock simple run through here in the past month and the occasional throwup, but that's about it...

hardly.. Ive seen 5 fillins on superliners or other amtrak passenger trains in the past 2 months. Running! And your completely wrong about amtrak yards.

Guest imported_b0b

I understand the situation with there being limited access to transit, but as for Amtrack, well you don't always need a yard. That is what backjumps are all about.

Originally posted by skrib139

hmm, cant remember seeing very many broken seats or slashed windows?

anyway, since when has graff had a good name?

I meant like: covering the windows, and deliberately writing on the windows.... I see nothing wrong with hitting up the panels and doors, but the windows are going WAY too fucking far > I love looking out the windows when i'm in a moving vehicle, and if someone took away my view, i would take it personally.... very personally.

Archived