Parents and YOU

Gunm

So i was wondering....do your parents support what you do when you go out every night and come home when the sun is rising reeking of paint, weed, beer and vagina? Or when you visit them twice a year and you look like someone beat you up with a wet bucket of paint?

Do your parents look the other way? Do they threaten to ground you? Do they shake their heads when you come visit during the holidays and answer "yes" to "are you still running around tagging?"

Or maybe they buy you markers and paint for your birthday, relate the "awesome graffiti piece" they saw on their way to work, etc.... I know some folks out their dig what their spawn after hours.

"Well Ted, winning the soccer championships is one thing but MY boy crushed a 12 x 30 wall overlooking the business district last night." ::pause to puff away on pipe::

I got my mom digging on graffiti big time. I come home for christmas and she had gotten me a nice fat coffee table book and some Sakura solid paint markers. She just advises to not get caught. Thanks mom. :love2:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they used to get pissed and threaten to take my paint away, and shit like that, but i think they've realized that they cant really do anything about it. i tell them when i'm painting most of the time, and i've really broken things down for my mom. the whole its not about drugs and gangs talk and what not. She still seems to care about me getting caught, but kind of turns a blind eye. The main thing is our trust, and while i am painting things that aren't mine, i'm not really causing THAT MUCH damage that is street visible. While i'm living at home, i'm going to just stick to freights and chill spots, partly out of respect for my parents. If i go down, they are the ones paying my way out of jail, paying for my lawyer, and in some cases being held responsible for my actions.

My main man's parents are a differant story. They'll take him to buy paint at home depot (since they won't selll to minors) and just really don't give a fuck. Whether its out of being cool people or out of ignorance, i don't know.

hahah i had a friend whos mother would hate graffiti...she'd rip up every sketch, book, break his markers in half, rip up his magazines and post them up around the house all ripped up.....she says that graffiti writers are rapists, thats why they hide their face...and if she ever saw anyone doing it...shed call the cops right away hah..

mine where ok with the actual act, just worried about me on the train lines, and getting caught, although they wouldnt actually buy me anything graff related.

It all changed after i got time, they think ive quit now and dont even like me doing legals.

Im to old for them to have any affect tho.

my mom likes graffiti, she doesn't care about the markers I get from no where and the paint and ink too. she bought me some paint, but thinks i'll only use it to paint on cardboard.my dad kinda likes graffiti, but he just thinks that all my ideas on fun a re a waste of time like breakdancing, and skeching. well, I think my mom wouldn't really care if i told her I paint some walls in thr canals and tunnels. she'd just probably say not to get caught, and to do it in the day time. we'll see wht she thinks, or maybe not.

Guest Abc Eater

MY mom turned a blindeye when I started then she realized that I buy paint iwth all my paychecks and I do it on a regular basis and now she hounds me about it and I wish i never told her I did. The one time i told my dad i paint freights he said no dont do that youll get in a lot of trouble, other then that hes never confronted me about it, although if I get busted im going to stay in jail for a while, and kicked out.

i really like painting freights...i can get away with it sometimtes...ive tried convincing my mommy to let me go.but shes like naw..she says i can paint illegal walls like bridges/ditches/other chill walls..but when i ask her why i cant paint freights she says its illegal...anyone got any ideas on what i should do..or am i basically fucked

Originally posted by wase@Feb 26 2006, 02:36 AM

i really like painting freights...i can get away with it sometimtes...ive tried convincing my mommy to let me go.but shes like naw..she says i can paint illegal walls like bridges/ditches/other chill walls..but when i ask her why i cant paint freights she says its illegal...anyone got any ideas on what i should do..or am i basically fucked

hahaahaha

when i was younger my mom hated that i painted. had cops in my rom at least once a month. dad didnt give a damn. when i lived with him he would by paint and tell me o be safe. noe that i am older andhave my own fam mom still trips not because of graff but she doesnt want myu kids to see me go to jail

My parents are cool about it. When I see them after a vacation, they'll talk about graffiti they saw on their trips, and they love seeing flicks of my pieces. They also put up good money for a lawyer when I caught a bullshit case when I was younger.

As far as illegal stuff, I'm old enough that they wouldn't try to stop me... they just don't want to hear about it.

My mom was not so nice about it. She once found spraypaint in my room, so the following day she wakes me up and tells me my PO called for a surprise visit at her office. So she's driving me there, and I'm in a somewhat happy mood because I was completely oblivious to what was about to happen, but she's not saying anything. She drops me off, I go in, and there is a cop waiting to arrest me for probation violation (possessing spray paint was a no-no). I spend the following week in jail, and do you want to take a guess as to what day I got booked? My fucking birthday. My mom told my PO that I was violating probation on what should have been the one day of special treatment. She claimed that she had no idea that I was actually going to get booked, and that she cried on the drive home, but I will still NEVER fucking forgive her for that shit. She told me afterwords, "someday you'll thank me." Thanks, mom.

I also missed out on a class trip to Mississippi due to that...