Parents and Music

Guest krie

what ya rekin ? parents have no fuken idea about music to this day ? they always having a whinge in the music i play and its the genres of hiphop/punk/drum n bass. always saying the same shit "that sounds like garbarge, turn it off" "change the song"

fukn parents shit me wen it comes to music they dont understand that the elvis records they have are out of date!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

dude..one minute my mom is listening to some opera stuff..the next she bumpin dj shadow and blackalicious..no lie.she likes it.i have caught her bumpin blackalicious more than 3 times now.

she sings to classic rock..i love that.

My moms cool about what i listen to, i usually listen to bands like Most Precious Blood, or All Out War, but other times im listening to DJ Tiesto and other trance, she likes it all, ive actually been in the car when she puts in one of my cds, its pretty cool.

My mom jacked my lauryn hill and erykah badu cd's....

as for my dad, he's into my salsa/merenque collection..

They don't really care what I listen to, because they'll never hear me bumping some FUCKING NIGGA FUCK THAT GAT KILL THAT BITCH SLUT ASS NIGGA HOE FUCKING BLING HOODY MOTHA FUCKING HOOO..

but they do laugh when i bump akinyele's put it in my mouth.

My parents are more into janis joplin and tommy james and shit, which is mad cool.

Guest --zeSto--

umm... move out and get your own stereo!

but seriously... My dad is getting into some of my deep jazzy house.

It's all a matter of 'do your parents actually like music'?

My pops has a HUGE collection of cds and mp3s, so he's open to anything good.

If your parents are into 'hockey mom pop'... buy headphones.

my parents listen to some good 'ol tejano, ranchero, corridos, and what not... they've never triped off what i listen to though. i trip on some of the shit they listen to though... a lot of songs about smuggling drugs (mainly coke) into the good 'ol u s of a.

:lol:

I'm about the same age or a little older than most of you guy's parents. I have a wide variety of musical tastes, from some of the better '60s stuff to some classic rock (I really prefer "Southern rock" bands, but not for more than about an hour, then I have to do dehypnotize myself), or 'New" country. I like blues and some jazz, but I find that rap is definately an acquired taste. Like in the above post, (and being from Texas) I enjoy listening to Tejano on my car radio, but I'm not really into the bands themselves. Have you ever listened to Tish Hinojosa? The girl can rock--she's from San Antonio. I always liked Selena too---what a voice! Too soon gone, and too young. I have a friend my age who loves those narco-corridas, but you'd never guess. He's a mild-mannered, middle-class white guy.

my parents are hella cool about music, especially my pops. don't tell him this but when i got turntables i raided his record collection to pick up grand master flash, de la soul, beastie boys, bob dylan plus other gems. my dad listens to everything, he even went and kicked it with me all day at the detroit electronic music festival. my moms pretty indifferent about what she listens to. back in the day when she had to drive me to the mall i had just picked up the nwa album and wanted to hear it, so i put it in on the ride home....bitch this, nigga that, fucking, muthafucking, kicking ass, ...so i went to take it out and she was like 'oh thats ok'....man that was the longest ride home in my life, i was so uncomfortable....hahaha.

My dad is really cool, he listens to a lot of jazz and classic rock

He listens to Zeppelin (A+), and he's just a music lover in general... You should see his collection of records, its huge... and the coolest part about it is he dated everyone on the day he bought them

^^^^

My dad's exactly the same. He literally has thousands of records starting from the late 50's, and I'm talking like first print Beatles and Doors and Hendrix and all that cool stuff, hundreds of cd's and cassettes. All organized in books alphabetically, all arranged in chronological order. He has hundreds of MPEGS now, too, catching up with the modern world. Burns CD's everyday. Even listens to stuff like DJ Shadow. Hopefully it will all be mine someday.....

yeah...my dads a music lover too...1500 mp3's, a big ass box of cassettes(which he is trying to sell), over 200 cd's, and 350 vinyl records....all out of order on a shelf in the basement where he has the turntable that he listens to when he fixes old bikes..

my mom however knows where its at...teptations, marvin gaye and earth wind and fire....the only three cassettes she owns....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

^^^^

My dad's exactly the same. He literally has thousands of records starting from the late 50's, and I'm talking like first print Beatles and Doors and Hendrix and all that cool stuff, hundreds of cd's and cassettes. All organized in books alphabetically, all arranged in chronological order. He has hundreds of MPEGS now, too, catching up with the modern world. Burns CD's everyday. Even listens to stuff like DJ Shadow. Hopefully it will all be mine someday.....

English people are pretty cool man

Guest --zeSto--

my friend's pop has over 3000 reggage, soca, calypso and soul records.

I'm always like... "So Headly lets play name the tune."

and he usually goes... "Yeah right boy."

Archived