palace/bros/will oldham

Guest TEARZ

Guest TEARZ

used to like this/these guy(s) a lot, but really stopped listening after will dropped the palace name, i don't know why, i guess i just got into other things.

but still... there's a lot to be said for the music, some very beautiful.

just wanted to hear some thoughts, because i'm surprised that with all the music threads that i've never seen one for these guys.

favorite records: viva last blues

arise therefore

days in the wake

talk to me people.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey tearz.....

i had bonnie prince billy when it came out.....but i sold it....

it was too....................bare and simple....which i think is really

hard to pull off.......

i liked palace...but i grew out of them........its been a really

long time......maybe i'll make a revisit..

hows life?

Guest TEARZ

brown twinkie. life is good. i feel like i grew out of them too, but yesterday, while organizing the record collection, i threw on a couple of the records and found my trudy dies 7inch. now that's a song. so i made a little revisit, and it was pleasant, and some of those songs really struck some chords with me, i don't know if it was nostalgia or what.

been staying away from the boards lately. too much cynisarcasticnothingness. i'd rather ride my bike, reorganize the records and pretend to write cover letters to get a job. besides, i'm going through one of those bad periods where all graffiti looks the same to me. i'll come out, but i have to proceed with caution. but it's gonna be 5 minutes of channel 0 for a little while. take care bra. how you doing?

sorry......

um, yea, biking.....i probably ride my bike at least 2 hrs a day....just jettin' around and taking pictures, drawing on shit and staring at stuff.......fun...

especially in this weather........i know the monotonous graf feeling..........

i kind of have it too.....and i'm in that zone where i'm totally fed up and stuck

with my hand......there's a kid around that has some incredible scripts up....tons of them and they're all different, but still his style.....like freeform.....awesome shit....inspiring, humbling and frustrating...

yea, looking for shit jobs...and having shit luck.......i need to get my ass into school.....cuz this funk doesn't seem to end.......

i want to pump you up on some shit that i want to record for you......but...

most of its gone......with only snippets saved to minidisc.....

its weird, i'm so used to spending hundreds of dollars

on music every month...its been that way for years..but since i've been so jobless, broke and since i got

all my shit stolen i haven't really gotten much for some reason.........................there's so

much incredible shit......oh man.....i need to get some of my old stuff

back too........i've got 2 tracks by this guy i used to have, and i'll try and record them for you, but, i think you should just

go and buy the cd (if you can find it and if its still in print).....its called 'plux quba' by Nuno Canavarro(sp?) and its on jim o'rourkes label Moikai......blissful melancholia...

tired...

peace tearz

Guest TEARZ

nice twinkie, i'll look into that. i'm broke as a joke too, so we'll see what i can come up with. anything online possibly?

btw,i wasn't saying come on man to you, so i hope i didn't force you into that response (although it was good to hear anyway). i was saying it to my frustration at this nothingness. i took some good photos today for your graffiti thread, but it'll take a while to get the pictures developed b/c they're on my girlfriend's camera. but maybe it'll get a nice bounce to the top sometime down the road. take care man.

anybody else ever listen to palace? probably not, it's okay. goodnight and much love anyway.

no.....nothin' online. even if you could, it would be an injustice...becuz

its really nice crisp stuff.....that should be heard from cd quality on a nice

system....whatever....you'll be getting some soon enough....

lookin' forward to those flicks..........i've got some similar style ones lying around too, but

i don't have a scanner....

what about gastr del sol?

did you ever listen to them???

i was looking for some palace and instead found my mirror repair record........so nice.

Guest TEARZ

never really got into them. i had friends that really liked them, but i guess i slept. probably a product of the timing factor in when people move in and out of certain musics/groups/sounds/feelings, etc... i'll see if i can borrow some stuff and i'll let you know what i think.

right now: sun ra/ heliocentric world of v.1

yesindeedy. man i ate too much freaking pizza.

Archived