Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

PAINTING NEXT TO THE TRACKS

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by wakassOATH, Nov 24, 2002.

1. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

i think this thread should go into this section.. anyway

i dont know much about trains and shit so imma tell you my situation..

recentley.. a friend and I found what looks like to be a chill wall next to the tracks.. its flat concreat and goes for like a km.. no graff whatsoever on it.. anyway i was woundering about the trains.. and the conducters.. when we paint there(day time) and a train comes we usually hide in the small bushes .. but half the time im sure the conducters can see us hideing away next to our pieces.. lately im just been hiding my cans.. and when the train comes.. take my camera out and pretend to take fliks of the engine.. and wave to the conducter.. to make him think im just a railfan.. and that i have nothing to hide. they usually wave back.. or slow down to tell us that theres more.. faster trains comiing on the tracks and to watch out.. the thing is .. is the property we are standing on is owned by the railways.. and the wall we are painting is (i think) owned by the city .. its accually part of the highway witch runs above us.

agian i know nothing about tains and the people who work with the rail road so i need some advice..

should i paint infront of the engine and not care?.. should i stay with my wanna-be rail fan idea? should i hide in the bushes and get spotted half the time?
    do the conducters care about this shit? will they call the rail cops/city cops?

thanks for your advice.. any idea's will be great..id like to keep this spot chill.. .. ohh this may sound really fuckin retarded.. but i heard some storys about writers bring fridge box's to their spots .. when the train comes they hide in the boxes and they just look like trash.

2. fr8yardjunky

fr8yardjunky Member

time teaches all . but a good rule of thumb If you were seen by any body, you might as well consider your spot blown!

3. schick1

schick1 Guest

KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUVE BEEN, ITS A BAD IDEA TO LET THEM SEE YOU PAINTING, SOME COMDUCTERS MIGHT NOT CARE BUT WHY TAKE THE CHANCE, ONE MAY.

4. schick1

schick1 Guest

sorry about the cap lock, whoops.

5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

i'd stick with the railfan idea..or paint at night

6. VAITOMANOCU

VAITOMANOCU Member

i agree paint at night

7. schick1

schick1 Guest

why its a chill wall?

8. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

I say do what you feel like. But do keep in mind that if you do paint the wall and other writers use that spot to paint trains you will make it harder for everyone to paint this spot. And may cause beef.

9. krowteN

krowteN Guest

hell yeah. they sepecially love it when you moon them or flip them off and throw rocks at the train. they never call in on you though;)

10. Zinasta

Zinasta New Jack

i dont know about your states

But in Sydney or pretty much australia, most line spots are painted at night.
    Too suss for trains to see u, in some cases if there is bushes to hide then do it.
    But even if u are hiding like u say, sometimes the train will sneak up n will spot u just as u duck down.
    so its up to u, not all conductors/ train guards may not care, but its better to be safe than sorry.
    yes they prop wil call the cops on u.
    The rail fan story is ok, but also a bit bodgy if u are standing near a wall which uve 1/2 done a piece on.
    They may put 2 n 2 together, that your the one painting the wall.
    Or if u stil keen, bring bushes or extra branches of trees, that u could place in front of your piece try n hide it n u. when your finished just throw em out of the way.
    Really not worth the troubles, where as if u were there at night u can hide in the dark, too easy.

peace Zina....

11. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

me is cool- its not a spot where peolple hit freights.. its just a long wall running beside the tracks.. in the middle of no where.. no one is around at all except for the odd train that goes by.. its our own "secret" spot where we can chill back and piece and noth be bothered
    i think imma stcik to the rail fan idea because if im gonna take the patience of painting in the dark.. its gonna be somewhere more worthwhile.. but as zinasta says.. they may notice the half finished shit witch may be a problem

if i can find a big refridgerator box sometime on garbage day.. i may use that trick.. when the train comes i can just hop in the box.

thanks alot guys.

12. Zinasta

Zinasta New Jack

no probs

Most line spots are worthwhile in the city.
    But anyway good luck paint hard n represent...
    Zina...

13. KsM

KsM Member

i dont get it.........

14. KsM

KsM Member

i think it would help if i read it again......i didn't really get it the first time..

15. havek

havek Junior Member

word of advice if the tracks run under a bridge or the wall is near the tracks you are prolly on railroad property and its federal being seen painting is not the best thing 2 do im sure the ones that have slowed down an talk 2 u will call u in saying that there is trespassing on the rail property some will pass with out caring,
    but your better off not being seen use your senses kid why would u want 2 be seen doin illegal activity no matter if its in a farm feild with 1 guy watching or a city with thousands of people it only takes 1 to get u in trouble