Painting my car.....myself

Gunm

My car's paint is looking pretty fucked up these days.

it has some pretty high mileage and so i figured what the hell could be the harm in re-painting it myself? yes, i know it's not going to look dope but i'd rather have a plain grey primer coat thatn the way it looks now(sorry, don't want to give away too many details)

Anyone care to reccomend some decent spray apint or primer i can use to get my car looking all Road Warrior n shit rather than the peely sunwashed boat it resembles now?

No, i am not going to have someone piece on it. no, i am not going to use montana to paint it.

reccomendations, hints, tips, suggestions appreciated....sarcasm is not but fuck, i think that's a given around these parts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

looking into getting an air compressor and airgun may be a better solution. both can be bought for around $150 and the primer + paint, if mixed with the right thiners appropriately will cost just the same as spray paint.

also, it will give a much better overall look that spray paint

i spent a few months with my old talon.

i had to do all the bodywork myself...bondo, primer, etc.

not fun at all. go to autozone adn look at the primer. most of it is the same regardless of pricing.

i did find some shit that sprayed a darker grey than a can i had when i started, so be sure you start with one kind and stay with it.

My mate did it to two of his cars, he plans on doing it to his third real soon. His brother painted cars for a living, so he used his gear in his back yard and damn did they turn out shit. I mean, it was better than what the original paint was, but wasnt too spectacular.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Jul 20 2005, 05:58 AM

flat black. i didnt even read any of this bullshit.

the color you will paint it is flat black.

thats all i have to say.

oh by the way.. ^O^

Hey when did you become a KB? Oh yea thats right, you just forced yourself in the club! love it man.

Every time I see a flat black car, some gearhead looking herb is always driving it. Just the facts of life, man. Do it up with some super wicked awesome color, like berry pink or apple green. Or leather brown. That would be killer.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jul 20 2005, 10:35 AM

Yuo guys remind me of a time when i was young when me and my friend stole a car, got drunk and added both racing stripes and the number 69 to the stolie.

Hahaha, takes me back...

Many years ago this girl gave us her car keys and told us her asshole dad had taken the battery out of her car so if we wanted it we could go grab it... SO... we did.

We started about 7am, went out shroom hunting and were successful. We made some of that electric kool-aid and while we were waiting for it to kick in we dug around the garage until we found a battery with a charge. We took it over there (about an hour away) and yoinked that bitch by 9am. It was an 86 Honda Civic, and at the time was only a couple years old. Still looked very fresh when we rolled away from the curb. By 10:30am we'd spray painted anarchy symbols and punk band names all over it and cut off the roof with a demo saw. By 11:30am we'd driven it another 50 miles xxxx West I meant, we went west and run out of gas. Fortunately we had friends following us so we got our battery back and hopped in their ride. Left it sitting on the side of the highway and had a great day at the Dali museum. It was gone by the time we rolled back home.

Heck of a way to spend a day!

i was once the proud owner of an '85 nissan micra, which i painted mate

olive green with a rollie and a brush. we also added a huge spoiler, and

about 300 rivets for the armyvehicle-look.

it was beautiful.

right now i have a 99' opel astra, it's going to a paint shop soon..

counting on the pros this time..

Originally posted by teen_014.jpg@Jul 21 2005, 06:43 AM

i was once the proud owner of an '85 nissan micra, which i painted mate

olive green with a rollie and a brush. we also added a huge spoiler, and

about 300 rivets for the armyvehicle-look.

it was beautiful.

right now i have a 99' opel astra, it's going to a paint shop soon..

counting on the pros this time..

hah. fantastic

the astra is a nice car. can be done nicely given the right touch

THE GANGSTA WRITER'S GUIDE TO PAINTIN A CAR WITH MONTANA

its all in the prep dog,,,

i paint cars,,,and have hit two with montana for fun,,,

shit is strong as helL

1,CLEAN BODY WITH THINNER $12,LET DRY 1/HR

2,TAPE OFF ALL TRIM WITH "PAINTER'S TAPE"$6 1/HR

3,NEWSPAPER OFF THE GLASS AN TIRES 1/HR

4,SCUFF THE BODY WITH "600 GRIT" VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

(SAND IT SO LIL BITS OF THE COLOR COME THROUGH

BUT LOOKS MAJORLY SANDED,BOUT 50% SCUFF) 2/HR

5,TACK CLOTH 4/$10 WITH NO SWEAT OR HAND OILS ON THAT BODY

6,BOTTOM TO TOP,SIDEWAYS SWEEPS OF MONTANA!!!!(3-4 COATS)

LIGHT COATS!!!!! 8-10 INCHES AWAY WITH A MED, FATCAP

I DID A HATCH BACK WITH 6 CANS OF MONTY,AN A S10 WITH 9

NOW DO IT,AN MAKE THAT SHIT SHOCK GREEN