Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Paint on the tracks...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by lepthebeard, Oct 22, 2004.

1. lepthebeard

lepthebeard Elite Member

Some of you may know this but I found it quite intersesting. At my usual bench as I watched a worker painting orange paint on the tracks, bases and ties at strategic locations. He was also painting white on the tracks at the switch points. I coundn't resist so I approached the worker (don't try this at home kids) and asked him what he was doing. I told him I was photographing 'hobo chalk drawings'. He responded "oh like the one with the palm tree....". Any way, Dino tells me the paint will tell tale of unusual wear on the tracks and he will return to see if any paint has worn off and where. We left with good wishes and both got back to work. Thanks, Dino.

Any other similar experiences...

2. 773-202-LUNA

773-202-LUNA Junior Member

3. lepthebeard

lepthebeard Elite Member

...everyone gets a C+ for lack of participation...

4. SeOnEr

SeOnEr Junior Member

i would participate but i dont understand your story.
    :huh2:

5. fr8otech

fr8otech Senior Member

on a side note:

even with 36" wheels, they only get a contact area the size of a dime.

6. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Out my way they're painting certain ties a very thick, bright, and probably leaded yellow. It's to mark the point beyond which you can't park a car or it will stick into the path of a train on the next line. (This is near switches and junctions.)

7. afterten

afterten Member

the tracks leading up to my layup recently got painted with flourescent green on selected plates and ties. At first I thought it was just the damaged the ones, but further inspection showed that perfectly good ones had also been marked.

The investigation continues.

8. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i talk to workers quite frequently, but not about paint on the tracks...