USB 2.0

Memory Stick

Extension Port(reserved)

Stereo Head phone Out

Communication

Wireless LAN (i802.11)

IrDA

USB 2.0

....for all you Sony jockers. These are the official Sony PSP Specs. You will have a chance to see the system in action first hand if you're gonna make it to E3 this year. Cheers fawker.ss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, but I like to ask questions I could easily find the answers to myself.

http://www.d8ed.com/Images/SonyPSP_WIP2.jpg'>

Question is... how many of these are really

going to sell? I'm sure rich Japanese kids and

guys with custom cars will be down... and a

few video game fanatics but why did they do

this? It doesn't seem like it's worth it considering

the PS3 is supposed to be out in the next year.

Reminds me of the Virtual Boy.

virtual boy was way before its time...psp is gonna be grounbreakings.....ps1 type graphics in ur pocket..it will probably be a pretty penny but it will sell...gonna give game boy a run for its money...and Word from the rockstar office is that they held back the revealing on gta san andreas at e3 too :(

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

virtual boy was way before its time...psp is gonna be grounbreakings.....ps1 type graphics in ur pocket..it will probably be a pretty penny but it will sell...gonna give game boy a run for its money...and Word from the rockstar office is that they held back the revealing on gta san andreas at e3 too :(

Probably because there ain’t gonna be nothing new about the new GTA and they don’t want to have to deal with critics who are expecting a holodeck of a game.

So that psp has playstation 1 graphics? Not bad, but I wish they could do better.

Originally posted by Weapon X

So that psp has playstation 1 graphics? Not bad, but I wish they could do better.

They can, believe me... but think about it. Why go right to the most

powerful thing you can put out? They'll make billions more by making

small steps, going from SNES grade to PS1 before going all out.

Regardless of what graphics it can put out it's still not going to be able to compete with what gameboy has already done. Getting into the handhelds business competitively should've been done in the early nineties if they expected some great turnout. On the other hand, Nintendo plans to unveil a new handheld at E3, that uses bluetooth technology and will be showcasing similar if not better graphics capabilities than the PSP.... let the speculation begin.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Regardless of what graphics it can put out it's still not going to be able to compete with what gameboy has already done. Getting into the handhelds business competitively should've been done in the early nineties if they expected some great turnout.

thats the same thing people where sayin when sony first put out playstaion as there first video game console...i still think the best one to come out yet was the old school sega gamegear color screen and dope graphics and that was mad years ago

is all that shit yours? damn cool if it is.

i couldn't see a turbo grafx in there any where....sometimes i swear to god i am the only one who knows about the turbo grafx.

long live excitebike...i am not a cocky person(usually) but i will fucking devestate any mother fucker who steps to me in the game.

oh yeah, i loved the virtual boy, i used to jack it from my freind as a kid and play that thig 24/7, it was hot except your eyes were hurtin afterwards from all the red.

can i get some glove love in here?

Originally posted by 8onus

is all that shit yours? damn cool if it is.

i couldn't see a turbo grafx in there any where....sometimes i swear to god i am the only one who knows about the turbo grafx.

long live excitebike...i am not a cocky person(usually) but i will fucking devestate any mother fucker who steps to me in the game.

oh yeah, i loved the virtual boy, i used to jack it from my freind as a kid and play that thig 24/7, it was hot except your eyes were hurtin afterwards from all the red.

can i get some glove love in here?

Hell no. That's not mine, I found it while looking

for a picture of the Lynx.

A. Turbo Graphix was the whip. Splatterhouse and Bonk, wonk something.

B. I will own you any day of the week at

Excitebike... trust me. I played that game

almost everday from 2002-2003. I used to

have people design courses for me just so

it'd still be challenging. I know how to rock

the D-pad... and that's all that game is.

Little bit of love.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

B. I will own you any day of the week at

Excitebike... trust me. I played that game

almost everday from 2002-2003. I used to

have people design courses for me just so

it'd still be challenging. I know how to rock

the D-pad... and that's all that game is.

Little bit of love.

dude:rolleyes:

i didnt't have a mother, that game raised me. you will be calling me daddy in no time.

you are talking about excitebike for nes i hope

Originally posted by 8onus

dude:rolleyes:

i didnt't have a mother, that game raised me. you will be calling me daddy in no time.

you are talking about excitebike for nes i hope

Of course. You're talking to the guy that can

beat the original Zelda in 4 hours without a

save or strategy guide.

And if Excitebike was your moms you've gotta

question who the father was. Odds are we're

sharing the same blood, son.

:D

Strap yourself in for a laugh:

The famed hip-hop fashion designer is partnering with Atari for a new urban-lifestyle game.

Taking a page from Def Jam/Phat Farm founder Russell Simmons' book, Marc Ecko is diversifying--into video games. In a joint statement with Atari this morning, the hip-hop fashion mogul announced he is "joining forces" with Atari to develop Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, the "first truly authentic video game based on urban culture and graffiti art."

While this might strike some people as "crazy," the announcement echoes publishers' growing interest in hip-hop themed games. Activision's rap-scored True Crime: Streets of L.A. and Tony Hawk's Underground remain best-sellers months after their release. Electronic Arts just announced Def Jam Fight for NY, the follow-up to its rapper-wrestler crossover, Def Jam Vendetta, and The Urbz, a "street" version of the Sims.

Atari CEO Bruno Bonnell seems eager to get in on the urban genre and leverage a brand as iconic as Ecko's. "Marc's vision of Getting Up fuses his expert knowledge of youth culture, his talent as a graphic artist, and his passion for gaming. It's nothing less than extraordinary and Atari is thrilled to be a part of it."

Ecko also dispensed mad props to the game that bears his name, which he claims to have been working on for seven years. "This game will be genre-defining. Revolutionary," said Ecko. "We will put the flag in the ground of popular culture with Getting Up."

However, while long on talk, Ecko and Atari's announcement was short on details. Besides saying the game will be developed by The Collective, the studio behind Wrath Unleashed and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the only other release information the designer/publisher entente provided was Getting Up's ship date--June 2005--and the fact that the game will be on display at E3.

GameSpot will have more details on Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure as they become available.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot

POSTED: 05/06/04 11:13AM PST

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Bonks adventure.... you can get TG16 emu's off the net. Not too hard to find.

nowrod of a lie... the portable TG16 was the finest handheld made (up untill GameBoy Advance SP)

and considering it was out at the same time as the original gameboy... it's very far advances.

It was playing 16bit colour games which was a lot for the time.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/te/te3.jpg'>

Originally posted by <KEY3>

nowrod of a lie... the portable TG16 was the finest handheld made (up untill GameBoy Advance SP)

and considering it was out at the same time as the original gameboy... it's very far advances.

It was playing 16bit colour games which was a lot for the time.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/te/te3.jpg'>

The lynx I believe it was called.

Archived