overworked

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That used to be my old scheduale whenever I had to sub for someone. I'd work 14 hours, then 6, then 14, and then I'd have to sub sometimes another double or two singles. Wasn't working at a computer, either. My job now feels like I'm overworked even though the shifts are short and there's no way in hell I'd have to work more then I'm schedualed for, and there's no way I would. But I lift heavy computer shit all day in the smallest stockroom in existence in a mall. Today we got over 140 boxes and this is pretty much the norm for the goddamned place. And there's a lot of fat mother-fuckers that work there on the floor and get in my way when I'm stocking. Fuck retail!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yesterday I calculated the average hours I've been working for the past three weeks and it rounded off at 12.5. It's fucking ridiculous. The weekend comes by and I don't have the energy to even go out and take a break, and that's if don't have to work the weekend. This Sunday I worked till midnight.

I seriously need a fucking vacation NOW.

I only get OT if I pull a full day on the weekend, and usually it's

just a trade for an extra day on my vacation time, which I doubt I'll be able to use before the fall!

whoa...wait a minute!! you've amassed some 20,000 post, ALL at work, and you are now complaining about a week or so of heavy hours? seems like you have it pretty easy most of the times. sure, it sucks when it happens, but be happy the rushes are few and far between.....and you have a job you (somewhat) enjoy.

Originally posted by nomadawhat@May 26 2005, 03:20 PM

whoa...wait a minute!! you've amassed some 20,000 post, ALL at work, and you are now complaining about a week or so of heavy hours? seems like you have it pretty easy most of the times. sure, it sucks when it happens, but be happy the rushes are few and far between.....and you have a job you (somewhat) enjoy.

you sir, have shown me the perspective I was forgetting. cheers!

Originally posted by <KEY3>+May 26 2005, 03:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - May 26 2005, 03:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-nomadawhat@May 26 2005, 03:20 PM

whoa...wait a minute!!  you've amassed some 20,000 post, ALL at work, and you are now complaining about a week or so of heavy hours?  seems like you have it pretty easy most of the times.  sure, it sucks when it happens, but be happy the rushes are few and far between.....and you have a job you (somewhat) enjoy.

you sir, have shown me the perspective I was forgetting. cheers!

[/b]

This is what i'm telling myself right now

i worked at this one place - 12 hours a day monday to firday, 6 hours on a saturday - for three months. after that time i realised what a tool i was and quit. pushing almost $2000 a week is cool and all, but when you spend all your time off sleeping, what's the point?