out of the mouths of babes...

Guest sneak

as of late, i have realised that the girls i know are actually dumb as fuck...consider these examples:

from one girl: wouldnt it be sad if the story of titanic was real?

girl no.2 : what day do we celebrate new years day on?

girl no.3 : why isnt tupac touring anymore?

feel free to add your own...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sometimes feminine naivete is charming

And it's not like boys know everything, either. It's just that young girls are extremely self-centered ("The whole world revolves around meeeeee!") and so it's not that they are stupid , it's that the complications of life simply do not affect them very much, and like much younger children, they often don't give things like holidays and why we celebrate them, or the reasons one should not set out on a long drive in high heels and no coat very much thought.

Boys are sort of dense about things as well (just ask a 15-year old boy to explain the menstrual cycle) but just a different set of things than girls.

One thing that has really come home to me as an adult is how random and scattered is my knowledge of the world. Without being forced to do so, I just learned only those things which I wished to know. As for the rest of that shit--fuck it. Too boring.

This is how one winds up being an adult who cannot program a VCR or post pictures on the Internet. Sad. But true. But I can field-strip an M-60 machinegun in less than 30 seconds. And I can call in artillery or naval gunfire to within ten meters of my target. And I have navigated my way across three countries without enough resources to fund a decent dinner date. Our knowledge is a reflection of who we are and what we have experienced. If you were raised in New York City, you are a different person than if you were raised in Minot, North Dakota, or Savannah, Georgia or Kin, Okinawa. I have been to all those places, but I cannot say that I really know and understand life there.

I think that the broadest possible life experience and education is the best. But I still find feminine naivete sort of charming and attractive. I guess I'm a product of my times.

i'm going to have to agree w/ kabar somewhat sometimes. i have such a diffuse knowledge of things i really am not good at anything but i know a little of everything. while this is advantegous in viewing the world in abstract and profound big things it really sucks when trying to do something simple and practical like get a job.

Villain

NOT THAT YOU ASKED ME, but:

There is a name for it, and it's called "being a Generalist." That's a high-falutin' name for "jack-of-all-trades." In my opinion, people that are Generalists (like myself, might I add) should probably START THEIR OWN BUSINESS, because working for other people is unlikely to ever be the answer for you.

There are probably a zillion things that interest you, so it's hard to focus on just one thing. You have a couple of options. You can just suck it up, work for somebody else and hate it, but pay the rent on time (did it--hate it--but it does work.)

You can have ten thousand short-term jobs, each running out of interesting things to learn after a few months. (Did this too--that's how one becomes a generalist, I think.)

You can start your own business doing something basically uninteresting, but that pays the bills, allowing you to go forward with your career as a wildflower portrait artist or whatever. (I had a friend in San Francisco who lived out of a van fixed up with a bed all, and did sheetrock and painting for apartments. When he would get a painting contract job, he would move into the apartment and shower there, cook there, etc. until the painting job was done. He went to welding school with me.)

You can start and operate a series of businesses, which you then sell, once you get tired of them, to somebody else. Make a profit, use the profit to springboard to your next business. I knew a guy who started out with a janitor business, which he sold and opened a smoothie stand, which he sold and opened a small bar in a beach town, which he sold and started a surf shop. One business funds the next one.

Give it some thought. Working for wages sucks dick, but it's better than unemployment. Just barely.

Theres this one chick i know that drives me insane sometimes so i fuck with her head and try to get her to back off(i dont do this to many, or almost anyone else at all), so we start yelling at each other and she asks if i just like playing with her head so i said yes. I figure she'll stop calling me and talking to me(plus ive done so much more its really sad) but no she keeps calling me and talking to me.

Sometimes understand women so much less than i think.

Archived