Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Out Of line?? (Icarus Line incident at SXSW)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DITDxCULT, Mar 20, 2002.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

http://nme.com/media/images/ICARUSLINE_L.jpg'>

[b]ICARUS LINE guitarist AARON NORTH could face legal action after allegedly damaging a guitar that once belonged to late blues guitarist, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN.

The US band had been performing at Austin's Hard Rock Cafe during last week's South By Southwest music festival when, according to eyewitnesses, North smashed a display case containing the priceless guitar and tried to plug it in to play it.

Club manager Steve Fleming said security guards wrestled with the guitarist, who broke free and sprinted for the exit.

He added: "The bouncers chased him for four blocks but he got away.

"We got the name of the individual from South By Southwestand may consider filing charges. The band's record label will get the bill."[/b]

2. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Thoughts?

If it would been anyone else's display at the hard rock who was ALIVE (i.e. Keith Richards....wait, is he still alive?) it would've been alright in my eyes, but Joe C loses points big time for disrespecting the dead. I dunno....I could really care less...but i thought some other people might want to read this. I also found it a little amusing that Joe admitted to painting "suckin' dicks" on the side of the strokes tour bus. Anyhoo

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

i have a thought, dont type in red, i cant even read it....sorry DITD

4. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I changed it just for you baby

5. mental invalid

hahaha...cool

okay not knowing who the band is, purely laymen, its fucked up....stevie ray is like a blues god, and that shit is just foul...i doubt he went looking for his particular guitar to smash, but still his gotta not disrespect...what happened to breaking your own guitar? but hell then again stevie ray seemed like that kinda guy that would probably laugh it off and appreciate the passion...im gonna check the band out....

2cents

6. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

thats fucked up, they look like a buncha fuckin losers, and they should do the world a favor and kill themselves.

7. SerialRapisT

SerialRapisT Guest

Shit Man...

Those punks look like the depressed trash I smack around at school... swear... you have to have nerve though to smash that shit up right after your own show!

However though; stealing... even if it is for something as priceless as that is weak...

8. mental invalid

...betcha the sound on it is fucking sweet....stevie ray would rather it be played then locked in some stupid glass display case...

run boy, run!

9. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

Icarus Line is really good.

10. NATO

NATO Guest

ive not heard of the band. i dont agree with stealing the guitar. but i give them props for dissin the strokes.

11. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

fuck it.....what do you do.....they could be fucking goats in a pile of shit for all i care, theyre music is great, thats really all im concerned with....

the strokes thing is funny though....buncha pole smokers

12. mental invalid

whats the story of the stroke diss?:confused:

13. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

what's wrong with the strokes?

14. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Nothing really....
    There singer painted "suckin dicks" real big on there tour bus

15. mental invalid

hahahahahahahaha.....

now mind you i kinda like the strokes, had they not "connected" their way the top, they could have had some respect....their the band i hate to like....but that cd is a great cd to throw on and drive to you, ripping around the new england backroads...

but heh a funny dis is a funny dis...i think i might have to check these doods out...

recommend any cds DITD?