Our Failed Economy

villain

I heard this guy on Majority Report on Air America Radio last night and now I understand why Bush is bombing the economy. Because the less the dollar is worth the less Bush owes OPEC. OPEC recently wanted to change their payments to only accept Euros which is up on the dollar now. But that was struck down. Bush is tanking the economy so he can save money. How can anyone stand this guy?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Price measure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chain-type

Gross domestic product 2.4 1.4 1.5

Gross domestic purchases

1.6 1.7 1.6

Personal consumption expenditures 1.6 1.8 1.4

Excluding food and energy 2.1 1.6 0.9

Chained CPI 1.5 1.8 1.4

Excluding food and energy 2.1 1.6 0.6

Fixed-weight

Consumer price index 1.8 2.2 1.9

Excluding food and energy 2.7 2.1 1.2

Originally posted by villain@Nov 18 2004, 07:49 PM

Well most of the jobs being created are government jobs. Replacing alot of the military support jobs so all the troops can be boots on the ground in iraq.

maybe maybe not

according to this chart fed. reserve chart "civilian unemplyoment rates" (as of feb. 2004)

we have 1993 employment levels were we in a war in 1993?

mpr204_c33.gif

• 2 weeks later...

nice video.

about tanking the economy, you want to break this down villain. this argument doesnt seem logical. destroying the value of the dollar may make it easier to pay back past debts, but now the dollar prices are going up for future payments. and arent there safeguards to prevent from losing money due to inflation on debts (ie. agreeing upon a payment based on future forecasted inflation rate)?

heres a somewhat related article about OPEC, the dollar, and the euro.

The Invasion of Iraq: Dollar vs Euro

Guest BOSTONIAN

Theres alot of good information on those charts. I truly believe that though bush sucks and has to be one of the most un qualified president this country will ever have in the big picture that is what our society has become. blinded by greed its the corporations that will succeed. so who gives a shit. fuck the middle east fuck the taliban and fuck bush too. I honestly believe that the whole voting process in our country is fucked. i dont think they count all votes. the economy is failing and thats because of no one wants to join the military and thats the only real growing job place. who the fuck wants to go to the sandlot make 220$ a week and get shot at?

I just felt like rambling. fuck it think what you will. This is simply my opinion.

fuck you if you dont like it and fuck you if you do.

bush.jpg.de0d7b883491e97e6d9d8e8f95d34c0e.jpg

Originally posted by Jimmy Jump@Nov 27 2004, 03:21 PM

nice video.

about tanking the economy, you want to break this down villain. this argument doesnt seem logical. destroying the value of the dollar may make it easier to pay back past debts, but now the dollar prices are going up for future payments. and arent there safeguards to prevent from losing money due to inflation on debts (ie. agreeing upon a payment based on future forecasted inflation rate)?

heres a somewhat related article about OPEC, the dollar, and the euro.

The Invasion of Iraq: Dollar vs Euro

Well since the US controls Saudi Arabia, which ostensibly controls OPEC, I think we are able to do what we want, when we want pretty much. And when was the last time you heard of a home loan or something that is inflation adjusted? I'm not an economist, I really don't understand the devil in the details. sorry.

Thanks for that link though. Very good and very relevent.

You made some good points bostonian. Try not to sink into nihilism.

"And when was the last time you heard of a home loan.."

not that i know of either. my question was vague, but i was refering to transactions that involve foreign currencies. there are certain actions a company can take, i believe they are called "hedging", to avoid risks associated with foreign exchange (ie. the value of the dollar decreasing relative to value of their currency from the time the deal is agreed upon till the payment is actually recieved). or they can take that risk in hopes of making some extra cash out of the deal (i think its called "speculation"). my knowledge on OPEC is very limited and im not sure about the details/regulations of their transactions. i was just looking to get this clarified.

i agree that bush is tanking the economy, i just think its more out of fanaticism, stupidity, and protecting US dominance of the oil market. not so much to reduce past payments but to protect future transactions.

• 1 month later...

NEW PLOT TWIST FOR NEW TERM

So I've been reading about failed IMF restructing policies in 3rd world countrys (or transition country's maybe I should say) and I'm realizing that this Social Security privitization, or Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) structural readjustment is actually one of these failed policies (probably intentionally failed since the end result is an oligarchy with no middle class, majority of the population in abject poverty/slavery, and wealth concentrated into the hands of a few.... I'm harkening to "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" here) and I'm thinking that Bush wants to turn us into a third world country in this term.

Yay for america.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/ieo/2004/ar.../pdf/report.pdf

pg 33

Social Security reform.

Originally posted by villain@Jan 21 2005, 06:11 PM

NEW PLOT TWIST FOR NEW TERM

So I've been reading about failed IMF restructing policies in 3rd world countrys (or transition country's maybe I should say) and I'm realizing that this Social Security privitization, or Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) structural readjustment is actually one of these failed policies (probably intentionally failed since the end result is an oligarchy with no middle class, majority of the population in abject poverty/slavery, and wealth concentrated into the hands of a few.... I'm harkening to "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" here) and I'm thinking that Bush wants to turn us into a third world country in this term.

Yay for america.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/ieo/2004/ar.../pdf/report.pdf

pg 33

Social Security reform.

Privatization of Social security is being build as the only option for reform. SS is not in jeopardy. SS operates at a 1% cost. If it is sent to wall street it will be up around a 5-10% cost, and when you are talking about a trust that is in the Trilions you are making a hand full of people and obseard amount of money. The dividen checks to the share holders of the private investment firms will be in the Billions.

we need to call Congress and tell them not to support this plan. If they do let them know that they will not be re-elected. It will only take 10minutes out of your day to call both your congressman and senator. Tell them you are a constituant, and that you are not happy. Congress 202-224-3121