osaka japan

serum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^huh?

the japanese writers use the local paint. if you only knew how bad it was and how difficult it is to use. americans are babied with rusto and krylon. it took me months to be able to work with it and even now i can't really do the things they can with it. there's a guy out here distributing belton in osaka. so roler and i used that for our pieces. no there aren't computer chips in the cans.

the writers only write in romanji. so they might use a japanese word but use the english alphabet to write it in. some tokyo writers have done pieces in kanji[chinese letters] but not strictly every time. they feel its hard to style and graff was started in english so they continue with that. very and yoka however piece in katakana [japanese syllabus for foriegn words] you have to understand how powerful english is outside of english speaking countries. they don't find japanese as cool as the english speakers do.

any comments at all would be appreciated. because i need the translation practice thanks.

• 2 years later...

Prosecutors seek 18-month term for antiwar graffitist

Prosecutors demanded an 18-month prison term Wednesday for a man charged with defacing a public lavatory in Suginami Ward, Tokyo, with antiwar graffiti in April.

News photo

This lavatory in a park in Suginami Ward, Tokyo, was defaced by antiwar graffiti in April.

"Graffiti is becoming a social problem and there is growing public demand for serious punishment in such cases," a prosecutor told the Tokyo District Court.

Lawyers for the 25-year-old defendant, a bookstore employee whose name was not provided, argued that the indictment was politically motivated and designed to suppress public opposition to Japan's support for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq this year.

"It's unfair to charge (the defendant) with damaging a building," lawyer Shoji Nishimura said. "It would be proper in this case to charge him with violation of the Minor Offense Law or the Suginami Ward ordinance banning the drawing of graffiti."

Damaging a building is a criminal offense that carries punishment of up to five years in prison. People punished under the Minor Offense Law can be fined a maximum of 10,000 yen or detained for up to 30 days. The ward ordinance carries a fine of up to 20,000 yen.

The Japan Times: Dec. 18, 2003

© All rights reserved

Originally posted by serum

^huh?

very and yoka however piece in katakana [japanese syllabus for foriegn words] you have to understand how powerful english is outside of english speaking countries. they don't find japanese as cool as the english speakers do.

Very came to Chicago a year or so ago and happened to meet my guys Dead, Dymz and True at a bar.. down-ass nigga, but thats beside the point. he showed Dymz how to write "Dymz" in Japanese that wasn't directly "Dimes" or "Dymz" or whatever, but rather a couple syllables that sounded out a "word" sounding like "Dymz". Dymz recently pieced it this past summer. if i find it ill post it.

• 3 months later...

Archived