O'Reilly Hit With Sex Harass Suit

GamblersGrin

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris1.html

O'Reilly Hit With Sex Harass Suit

Female Fox coworker details lewd behavior of cable TV star

OCTOBER 13--Hours after Bill O'Reilly accused her of a multimillion shakedown attempt, a female Fox News producer fired back at the TV star today, filing a lawsuit claiming that he subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies. Below you'll find a copy of Andrea Mackris's complaint, an incredible page-turner that quotes O'Reilly on all sorts of lewd matters. Based on the extensive quotations cited in the complaint, it appears a safe bet that Mackris recorded some of O'Reilly's more steamy soliloquies. For example, we point you to his Caribbean shower fantasies. While we suggest reading the whole thing, TSG will point you to interesting sections on a Thailand sex show, Al Franken, and the climax of one August 2004 phone conversation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The Associated Press

Updated: 7:54 p.m. ET Oct. 13, 2004

NEW YORK - Fox News Channel traded accusations Wednesday with one of the producers of Bill O’Reilly’s show, with the woman alleging that the commentator had phone sex with her against her wishes three times. Fox in a claim of its own dismissed the sexual harassment complaint as a politically motivated extortion attempt.

advertisement

The woman, Andrea Mackris, is an associate producer on “The O’Reilly Factor,” a job she returned to in July after a short stint at CNN.

During a phone conversation this August, Mackris, 33, said O’Reilly suggested she buy a vibrator and was clearly excited. Before hanging up, she said, O’Reilly told her: “I appreciate the fun phone call.”

She contended he made a similar call Sept. 21, ending that one by saying: “Next time you’ll come up to my hotel room and we’ll make this happen.”

In his claim against Mackris and her attorney, Benedict Morelli, O’Reilly said Morelli demanded $60 million in “hush money” to not file the lawsuit.

“As a public figure, I have received many threats,” he said. “But enough is enough ... The threats stop now. I will not give in to extortion.”

O’Reilly’s lawyer, Ronald Green, said he believes there are tapes of conversations between the two and asked a court to compel Mackris to produce them so they could be played publicly.

“I know that he does not fear what is on the tapes,” Green said.

Morelli would not comment on whether any taped phone conversations exist.

O’Reilly is Fox News Channel’s leading personality, and “The O’Reilly Factor” is the highest-rated program on cable news.

O’Reilly called case ‘evil’

Besides the attempt for money, O’Reilly charged that his accuser and her lawyer were trying to embarrass him and Fox News Channel three weeks before the election. Morelli, he said, is a contributor to the Democratic Party; “The O’Reilly Factor” is a particular favorite among Republican viewers.

Morelli said his political contributions had nothing to do with the case.

“When he sued me today, I understood what kind of bully he is,” the lawyer said.

Mackris sat next to Morelli at a news conference Wednesday, but did not speak and would not answer questions.

A former White House intern in the first Bush administration, Mackris began working for O’Reilly in April 2000. Her complaint said that the first time she noticed odd behavior by O’Reilly came in 2002, when the Fox host allegedly urged her to use a vibrator after her engagement broke off.

Mackris’ complaint said she told O’Reilly she was not interested in phone sex and felt “trapped” after his first inappropriate phone call.

Mackris never complained to anyone at Fox about untoward behavior by O’Reilly, Green said. When she returned to Fox earlier this year, O’Reilly agreed to match her salary at CNN, the network said.

Fox produced an e-mail Mackris sent to a friend last month, saying things are “wonderful, amazing, fun, creative, invigorating, secure, well-managed, challenging, interesting fun and surrounded by really good, fun people. I’m home and I’ll never leave again.”

Mackris said in her lawsuit that she told O’Reilly she would return to Fox only if he stopped the inappropriate behavior.

She said O’Reilly told her: “If any woman ever breathed a word I’ll make her pay so dearly that she’ll wish she’d never been born. I’ll rake her through the mud, bring up things in her life and make her so miserable that she’ll be destroyed.”

On his show Wednesday, O’Reilly called the case “the single most evil thing I have ever experienced, and I’ve seen a lot. But these people picked the wrong guy.”

Originally posted by fermentor666@Oct 14 2004, 02:52 AM

Man, Rush Limbaugh spent 10,000 dollars a week on drugs and he's still blowing wind hard out of his mouth.

These guys are untouchable.

yep.

when your entire platform is built on hypocrisy, this is just more of the same.

their supporters don't care.

these guys could be molesting children and they'd still have a base so long as they opposed abortion.

Oh man, this shit made me laugh so hard! For such a conservative man with "family values" and a family, he's certainly hypocritical, but I heard today the case got dropped and either parties envolved are doing nothing except sliding the whole deal under the rug. It'd be funny if someone made stencils or wheatpastes of O'reilly with the word PERVERT or WOMENIZER under his picture.

All these republican's get away with so much, where if this was John Stewart or James Carville their carrer's would suffer so much, if not end. The other thing that makes it even more ridiculous is that Bill O'reilly has taken no ownership, given any apology's to his viewers (for whatever that's worth) or even said anything publically about it on his show. Typical. It takes a hell of a lot for a republican with power to lose respect from his supporters.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by trackstand@Oct 28 2004, 11:55 PM

It takes a hell of a lot for a republican with power to lose respect from his supporters.

The reason being that the republican agenda is built on a frame work of paranoia about the left that is full of hate and agression. When scandals happen it is a liberal conspiracy or the damn political correctness police at it again. The stance many take is bullet proof because they have an automatic scripted responce which defends their beliefs blindly without any need for review...

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly and his former associate producer, Andrea Mackris, have agreed to settle their dispute over her allegations that the television personality harassed her sexually.

"It's over, and I'm happy," the 33-year-old graduate of Columbia Graduate School of Journalism told CNN, in whose New York bureau she once worked. "I can't say anything else, but I do appreciate everybody."

"The parties regret that this matter has caused tremendous pain, and they have agreed to settle," said a statement from the 55-year-old talk show host's law firm, Epstein Becker & Green. "All cases and claims have been withdrawn, and all parties have agreed there was no wrongdoing whatsoever by Mr. O'Reilly, Ms. Mackris or Ms. Mackris' counsel, Benedict P. Morelli and associates."

O'Reilly's countersuit alleging extortion was also dropped.

The statement did not say whether a financial settlement was involved.

"We now withdraw any assertion that any extortion by Ms. Mackris, Mr. Morelli, or Morelli and associates occurred," the statement said. "Out of respect for their families and privacy, all parties and their representatives have agreed that all information relating to the cases shall remain confidential."

In a case filed earlier this month, Mackris alleged that O'Reilly, who is married, made explicit phone calls to her in which he recommended she use a vibrator, described sexual fantasies involving her and masturbated.

The specificity and length of the quotations cited in the lawsuit led readers to infer that she had taped the conversations.

Just weeks ago, speaking on "The O'Reilly Factor" about the lawsuit, O'Reilly said, "This is the single most evil thing I have ever experienced, and I've seen a lot."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/28/lawsuit.oreilly/index.html

ha-ha...somebodies gettin paid.

I love how they're just pretending like none of this ever happened. He made one last comment on it yesterday and then said he would never, ever speak about it again.

one of the news shows this morning suggested she was probably getting paid in installments to make sure she doesn't talk and that most likely....the tapes (if there ever were any) would be destroyed.

american family values.

buy your way out.

...that's such bull shit...this is just the tale of a spineless, money hungry bitch...if you think about it, this was probably her retirement plan from the beggining...becasue if not then she would have just hung up the damn phone...the probably put a clause in the settlement that says bill can call her once a year and 'check up on her'...i bet she got off on that shit too...

Archived