Oprah Winfrey Gives Cars to Audience

sarcasm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...2/cx10109131600

CHICAGO - Oprah Winfrey celebrated the premiere of her 19th season by surprising each of her 276 audience members with a new car.

Photo

AP Photo

Reuters Photo

Reuters

Slideshow Slideshow: Oprah Winfrey

"We're calling this our wildest dream season, because this year on the Oprah show, no dream is too wild, no surprise too impossible to pull off," Winfrey said on the show that aired Monday.

Winfrey said the audience members were chosen because their friends or family had written about their need for a new car. One woman's young son said she drove a car that "looks like she got into a gunfight"; another couple had almost 400,000 miles on their two vehicles.

Making sure the audience was kept in suspense, Winfrey opened the show by calling 11 people onto the stage. She gave each of them a car — a Pontiac G6.

She then had gift boxes distributed to the rest of the audience and said one of the boxes contained keys to a 12th car. But when everyone opened the boxes, each had a set of keys.

"Everybody gets a car! Everybody gets a car! Everybody gets a car!" Winfrey yelled as she jumped up and down on the stage.

The audience screamed, cried and hugged each other — then followed Winfrey out to the parking lot of her Harpo Studios to see their Pontiacs, all decorated with giant red bows.

The cars, which retail for $28,000, were donated by Pontiac.

"A little idea grew into a big idea," Mary Henige of Pontiac told The Associated Press.

She added that Pontiac will pay for the taxes and the customizing of the cars.

In other segments on the show, taped Thursday, Winfrey surprised a 20-year-old girl who had spent years in foster care and homeless shelters with a four-year college scholarship, a makeover and $10,000 in clothes. And a family with eight foster children who were going to be kicked out of their house were given $130,000 to buy and repair the home.

"The Oprah Winfrey Show," which debuted in 1986, is syndicated to 212 domestic markets and 109 countries.

i dont' care what ya'll think, i gotta find my way to chicago, and get my ass into the audience of the oprah show.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That was fucking aweful, 150 screaming middle aged women (it just happened to be on;) ). I thought it was pretty cool what she did for that girl though, she looked pretty hot too afterward, like i'da wish she'd come to my school. well, i'd have to have a school for that but. . .I 'd vote for you O if you'd give me a car.

thats pretty fucking cool...but I hafta say...I don't think you'd see a car company that could actually sell its cars donating them.

http://www.autosite.com/images/edphotos/previews/fullsize/2005-pontiac-g6-front.jpg'>

I'm not really a fan of Pontiacs. the concept version looked cooler.

I hate that standard Pontiac grille.

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/gminnovation/ca/pont_g6_main_bg.jpg'>

Originally posted by fermentor666

I wonder who is going to pay the taxes on the cars.

i think they said the Pontiac dealer/Oprah or whoever would pay all the taxes and even customize them for each person.........

dude, i thought it was tight that she gave everybody in the audience apple computers before... but dude, cars.... i want a car from oprah

The only thing i find incredibly awesome about this is the fact that pontiac donated 200 cars..

you dont find that type of generosity in the big 3 nowadays..

Oh wait, they can lay-off a few thousand workers so that they starve but they can just happen to donate a few million dollars in cars to bump their image..

/ramble due to alcohol..

she really didnt give that shit away yall are right shes a glory hog, on the worlds biggest, most self righteous ego trip EVER! she brainwashes feeble minded housewives (and the unemployed) into thinking she's a saint, she is the DEVIL... she's from south chicago, not the dirty south, although she was a homeless prostitute once upon a time. and i just shudder to think what all those stretch marks must look like... rock on maury povitch you crazy diamond rock on.....

that's fuckin' dope......I watched a segment awhile back where this one guy has always wanted a Porsche.....and at the end of show Oprah presented the guy with a set keys and gave him a new Boxster.....what a lucky bastard....my car looks like it went through World War 9...

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

she didnt give the cars away. the car company did. she didnt hook anyone up. then maury is a great man for running dna tests on 12 men to find out who is taquishas babys daddy.

she maybe didn't give away the cars all by herself (and her own money) but she sure does have the connects to hook it up though