OPEN WATER

2 blaazed

Based on the true story of two scuba divers accidentally stranded in shark infested waters after their tour boat has left

Susan and Daniel are a happily married couple hoping to have a memorable vacation in the Bahamas. Their relaxing vacation soon ends when they are left in the middle of the ocean by careless diving boat crew. As the reality of isolation sets in, they turn to one another for support. Unable to support each other, they begin to panic and are soon prompted to question their own fates as encircling sharks start to appear...

"Shooting on digital video, that has a rough look, was a stroke of genius and adds greatly to the sense of immediacy and extreme realism. This film would have been way less effective if done the usual glossy, expensive Hollywood way. Same goes for using the two unknown actors, who are excellent, and all those real sharks! It's like watching a video diary of a nightmare vacation. I found it to be a very original, gutsy, well crafted thriller. Believe the hype!"

This movie is gonna be fuckin ill...google it for more info..

discuss this..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

Like I said in the other thread, Peter Benchley (sp) said in that famous article on Great Whites in National Geographic a few years ago (the one with the incredible pictures by David Doubillet [sp]) that he regrets creating a stigma around sharks by writing Jaws the way he did. This movie will probably create more fear for the gray reef sharks that are featured in the movie.

Also, to reiterate what I said in the previous thread on this movie, even though I won’t see this movie anytime soon, I will be rooting for the sharks. I want that yuppie couple to go back to nature by dying in the jaws of a gray reef shark.

Archived