ONLY IN GEORGIA

dumy

:rolleyes:

when did HS football become this important?

Sourcicles

Charged With Branding Players, Coach Quits

ROSWELL -- An assistant football coach at Roswell High School in Fulton County has resigned during an investigation in the branding of 17 football players.

School officials, including head coach Tim McFarlin, say Mario Hansbrough routinely took players off campus -- behind the school -- on Thursday nights and oversaw them as they branded with red-hot paper clips the chest of the defensive players who were scheduled to starts Fridays.

McFarlin says the players had seen a fraternity letter brand on Hansbrough's shoulder and wanted to do something similar in solidarity.

He says the assistant coach used poor judgment, but only did so because the players wanted to do something and he made them use paper clips instead of something more painful.

McFarlin says many parents he spoke with continue to support Hansbrough, who had been a coach at Roswell High School for eight years.

An anonymous caller alerted the Fulton County school superintendent's office of the brandings.

Hansbrough declined comment yesterday.

McFarlin says the students who participated saw it as sort of a badge of honor. He says he did NOT know about the practice until the investigation surfaced in mid-December.

Several parents say Hansbrough is respected by the players on the team. He also taught history at the school.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this fool used "hot paper clips" that has to be the most idiotic form of branding I have ever heard..

ten years from now one of the former players kids can point at his dad's chest and get a delightful story about how his father is not only a worthless idiot loser now but was also 10 years ago..

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Jan 6 2006, 02:09 AM

Coming from the bay, I get the feeling I have no fucking idea how seriously people take their football in the south.

i live in the south and i dont give a fuck about football but everyone else seems too. people here were goin nuts yesterday because UT won the rose bowl. even people who dont like football were stoked and when i asked why they said "becuase i like winniing" i think football just gives losers a chance to feel good about themselves when "there" team wins.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 5 2006, 09:11 PM

dumy is a filthy trickster, DOWN WITH DUMY!

on a related note, if youred the article it was the players not the coach who brought up the idea.

dude, for the last time, I'm not jewish!..

also, he gets double dumb ass points for listening to his players when they said "Hey Coach, Brand us..its a good idea and you wont' face criminal charges..heh heh" [/butthead]

Originally posted by dobsilla+Jan 5 2006, 09:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Jan 5 2006, 09:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mackfatsoe@Jan 6 2006, 02:09 AM

Coming from the bay, I get the feeling I have no fucking idea how seriously people take their football in the south.

i live in the south and i dont give a fuck about football but everyone else seems too. people here were goin nuts yesterday because UT won the rose bowl. even people who dont like football were stoked and when i asked why they said "becuase i like winniing" i think football just gives losers a chance to feel good about themselves when "there" team wins.

[/b]

I like how you put your bad grammar into quotes

Originally posted by dumy@Jan 5 2006, 09:03 PM

this fool used "hot paper clips" that has to be the most idiotic form of branding I have ever heard..

ten years from now one of the former players kids can point at his dad's chest and get a delightful story about how his father is not only a worthless idiot loser now but was also 10 years ago..

At least now these parents or whatever can remember their football years long after they have smoked or drank themselves retarded

"whats that?"

"ooooooooh yeah. I played football. Man, If coach had jus tput me in, we coulda won state."

Originally posted by Plagiarism+Jan 6 2006, 03:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Plagiarism - Jan 6 2006, 03:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dobsilla@Jan 5 2006, 09:12 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-mackfatsoe@Jan 6 2006, 02:09 AM

I like how you put your bad grammar into quotes

[/b]

i was afraid of that

Originally posted by dobsilla@Jan 5 2006, 08:12 PM

people here were goin nuts yesterday because UT won the rose bowl. even people who dont like football were stoked and when i asked why they said "becuase i like winniing" i think football just gives losers a chance to feel good about themselves when "there" team wins.

Hi!

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob+Jan 6 2006, 06:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poop Man Bob - Jan 6 2006, 06:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dobsilla@Jan 5 2006, 08:12 PM

people here were goin nuts yesterday because UT won the rose bowl. even people who dont like football were stoked and when i asked why they said "becuase i like winniing" i think football just gives losers a chance to feel good about themselves when "there" team wins.

Hi!

[/b]

hi? you a texas as well?

Originally posted by dobsilla+Jan 6 2006, 12:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Jan 6 2006, 12:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Jan 6 2006, 06:07 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-dobsilla@Jan 5 2006, 08:12 PM

Hi!

hi? you a texas as well?

[/b]

A Texan? Born and raised.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob+Jan 6 2006, 06:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poop Man Bob - Jan 6 2006, 06:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dobsilla@Jan 6 2006, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Jan 6 2006, 06:07 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-dobsilla@Jan 5 2006, 08:12 PM

Hi!

hi? you a texas as well?

A Texan? Born and raised.

[/b]

what city you in?